Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

This was the GT of movies.

Why is GT the red headed step child of the three series? I actually enjoyed it

To me it was the worst of the three but still really good

DBZ >>> DB > DBGT

I have this reversed, with quite a few more ">"s between each section. Most people just didn't enjoy GT as you did though I guess. It was full of plot holes, a somehow even weaker plot than DBZ, absurd developments, and I'd say generally less compelling characters. It had a few cool villains though, and SSJ4 was kind of cool I guess.

GT sucks because of lack of execution, the Shadow Dragon Saga had the potential to be the GOAT; The culmination of all the over usage of the dragon balls and it coming back to bite them, but then you watch it and you see that 4 out of the 7 dragons are jokes, every fight lasted an average of one episode, and then they killed off Omega Shenron in the worst way possible (DB didnt need another Spirit Bomb). The same thing is true about the Super 17 Saga. These stories were such good ideas and they just ruined it.

They could have had something, and threw it all away.

DB> DBZ easily.

As great as DBZ was, the innocence behind the monkey boy who wanted to watch over his grandpas dragon ball is second to none. Goku had to be the coolest/funniest kid ever. Word to that General Tao fight

DBGT was horrible. I'd probably never watch it through again.

DBZ was the GOAT.

DB was okay.

And yes, I've seen every single episode of DB, DBZ, and probably DBGT multiple times over.

After going back to rewatch the series, I appreciate Dragonball more. It actually explains the importance Roshi, Bulma, Krillin, Yamcha, Piccolo & Tien & how they were so important in Goku's complete character development.

After going back to rewatch the series, I appreciate Dragonball more. It actually explains the importance Roshi, Bulma, Krillin, Yamcha, Piccolo & Tien & how they were so important in Goku's complete character development.
perfect explanation. First time I watched DB I didn't like it because of the lack of strength between the characters but I gained a greater appreciation of it for those reasons

DB> DBZ easily.

As great as DBZ was, the innocence behind the monkey boy who wanted to watch over his grandpas dragon ball is second to none. Goku had to be the coolest/funniest kid ever. Word to that General Tao fight

All of this. The humor was better, there were no absurd random power-ups to save the day most of the time, and you actually felt some emotion for those being oppressed by the villains. In Dragonball you had a great action anime with solid character development, an actually decent plot, humor that wasn't overly cheesy, and despite not being able to blow up planets with one finger; memorable villains. Easily my favorite out of the DB Trilogy.

All of this. The humor was better, there were no absurd random power-ups to save the day most of the time, and you actually felt some emotion for those being oppressed by the villains. In Dragonball you had a great action anime with solid character development, an actually decent plot, humor that wasn't overly cheesy, and despite not being able to blow up planets with one finger; memorable villains. Easily my favorite out of the DB Trilogy.

THIS

General Blue was my ******' dude :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom