Official dreadlock thread.... dread heads unite

*paging Keithdajuiceman*
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by FlyJr22

Originally Posted by Put em up

You cats really show how lame you are when statements like "Locs are a fad or trend." are used.

People been locking their hair for Centuries, well at least I know in the DMV, Va, NC, Fla, SC and GA areas.
l_e76dce6e7fc77ebc9857ebd3661d22fe.jpg
embarassed.gif

..you cut them?
tired.gif

Started growing my hair December 08 and my hair is pretty much locked now. I went through the ugly phase over the summer so when I came back to school I wasstraight. For the up keep, you just gotta get dreadlock/hair oil to keep the locks strong so they won't break off and don't constanly get your dreadsretwisted.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

damn. if i was black i would get locked so quick. black people got lucky on that one.

yo don't gotta be black to get locks
i seen people of other races with locks too

If I was getting them I would grow my hair out first and then just lock them up after its grown for a while.....that doo doo stage is horrible...

Jetpacunlimited...

Aren't you from the A? You know damn well locks are still alive and kicking. Especially with those east-side bammas.

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

Jetpacunlimited...

Aren't you from the A? You know damn well locks are still alive and kicking. Especially with those east-side bammas.
lol Yep im from Bickroad/Stn Mountain... thats why I said they dyin.. Cats choping off they locks left and right
laugh.gif

I wanna get dreads, been growing my hair for like 4 years and some change. The only thing stopping me is the beginning process, I heard it takes forever. AlsoI heard getting dreads are really expensive.
I always wondered why people dye their dreads a caramel color at the tip?

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

roll.gif
@ Dudes gettin mad because I said dreads were fading.... Sensitive thugs FTL.
Are people mad or are you wrong?

eek.gif
Me? Wrong about something??? Noooooo

Definitely wrong. I've been growing mine for 3 years BTW.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

roll.gif
@ Dudes gettin mad because I said dreads were fading.... Sensitive thugs FTL.
Are people mad or are you wrong?

eek.gif
Me? Wrong about something??? Noooooo

Definitely wrong. I've been growing mine for 3 years BTW.
Its sarcasim champ.
laugh.gif

I got a low cut now.

I've always wanted them, but I cut my braids off like 5 years ago.

Think I'm gone start now and just get linings and let it grow until the summer.

ok locked head checkin in. just got retwisted and got my locs braided back.

now different places charge different prices to start and maintain. (around $55 a month is the most i've paid)
you need a lot of patience

^ You have to get them redone every month? Is that normal? Or does it differ by person?

your hair constantly grows as you're locking so you want to twist the new growth into the lock. average is every 3-4 weeks

What about upkeep? I heard you have to squeeze the shampoo out of each lock individually.

Back
Top Bottom