Official dreadlock thread.... dread heads unite

Whats good NT...I'm wanting to grow dreads but I have a dry scalp. Is this a problem?

I'm bout to braid my dreads dog
pimp.gif

Crinkly dreads ftw

I cant wait until my $%%$ get some length im working on my patience cuz everyday is a struggle word to biggie

Man I can't stand when my girl braids my locs, bc I hate the crinkle look. I have to do it bc I get tired of sitting under the dryer for hours.

I get mines twisted almost every 8 weeks.

Only thing annoying about my hair is sometimes it gets in my food, bc I forget to tie it back.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I'm bout to braid my dreads dog
pimp.gif

Crinkly dreads ftw
nothing in the world more sexier, than a man with this done
devil.gif

I have tons of respect for Rastas and love the Jamaican culture so I think locks are dope. I'd never get any though, I'd look like a god damn foolbeing a Mexican with locks. Blacks are the only ones who can pull it off, it looks kinda ridiculous on non-blacks but that's just MO. Around here though,there's too many dread heads rockin white T's, pea coats, jeans and vans..

Had dreads way before they were ever a "fad".. back in 03' and that was in the north too.. So many N's use to hate, the shh I see now isdisgusting.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Balding genes ftl

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I have tons of respect for Rastas and love the Jamaican culture so I think locks are dope. I'd never get any though, I'd look like a god damn fool being a Mexican with locks. Blacks are the only ones who can pull it off, it looks kinda ridiculous on non-blacks but that's just MO. Around here though, there's too many dread heads rockin white T's, pea coats, jeans and vans..
Agreed....blacks be the only ones that can pull of dreads. I see them everywhere out here.

Someone school me on the process tho...I always wondered how it works. You just walk into the barber shop and tell em you want dreads?

Originally Posted by Baybully650

I have tons of respect for Rastas and love the Jamaican culture so I think locks are dope. I'd never get any though, I'd look like a god damn fool being a Mexican with locks. Blacks are the only ones who can pull it off, it looks kinda ridiculous on non-blacks but that's just MO. Around here though, there's too many dread heads rockin white T's, pea coats, jeans and vans..
Agreed....blacks be the only ones that can pull of dreads. I see them everywhere out here.

Someone school me on the process tho...I always wondered how it works. You just walk into the barber shop and tell em you want dreads?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ninja this aint GTA: San Andreas...you can't just get dreads instantly.

You obviously gotta have hair first, and you can approach it from different methods. Some people would recommend braiding your hair first, and then locking upso you won't go through the very short phase of dreads.

But me, and some others just twisted up from the jump, some think that having very short dreads in the start is a good thing. But the first time you getdreaded up beeswax will be involved, and your hair has to get parted and all that good stuff...and it will probably take a long time.

Arab(Soulja Boy's lil %+$+%) had braids for a looong time and when he decided to lock up his dreads were real long.

But there's different avenues to it though. Just find a salon, or a girl you know who is good with hair and ask her.

b7435d71e02756d85adf3332fabd0c02a2fa2db.jpg
g]

d1825cae625fb582306f045be408b07eb37a0d9.jpg
af415ae555573fff33b7e440e2f151af79fc55a.jpg

My last hair cut was summer of 2000, Ive had my locks since August of 2003. Theyre gettin old and heavy, I just can't let them go.

Are all dreads the same? The Rastas I see with dreads have thicker, more knotted up looking dreads than the skinny ones I see the youngsters rockin...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You obviously gotta have hair first, and you can approach it from different methods. Some people would recommend braiding your hair first, and then locking up so you won't go through the very short phase of dreads.

But me, and some others just twisted up from the jump, some think that having very short dreads in the start is a good thing. But the first time you get dreaded up beeswax will be involved, and your hair has to get parted and all that good stuff...and it will probably take a long time.

Arab(Soulja Boy's lil %+$+%) had braids for a looong time and when he decided to lock up his dreads were real long.

But there's different avenues to it though. Just find a salon, or a girl you know who is good with hair and ask her.

You're killing me man
roll.gif
roll.gif
Rastas usually have matted dreads and don't have them retwisted so you can't see the sections anymore. BTW alot of my dreadheaded homies have been cutting their hair in the last week or two
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Originally Posted by FlyJr22

Originally Posted by Put em up

You cats really show how lame you are when statements like "Locs are a fad or trend." are used.

People been locking their hair for Centuries, well at least I know in the DMV, Va, NC, Fla, SC and GA areas.
l_e76dce6e7fc77ebc9857ebd3661d22fe.jpg
embarassed.gif

..you cut them?
tired.gif
THIS

Truly hates when guys cut their nice, long braids or locks....
frown.gif

aint seen a haircut since 99... started lockin my #$@$ back in the summer of 05, ill post wut i got...

4 months in..
l_e2948289e11541aafbc79a849cb9a12f.jpg

Today...
l_d4bc1c4dbd004cffb2e5644cc32bfa6f.jpg

RIGHT now as im typing this...
l_184e4d54652445b2900a282594b15746.jpg

Got more pics from the past few years inbetween...dont feel like postin em doe. sooo, #$@$, here u go lol

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You obviously gotta have hair first, and you can approach it from different methods. Some people would recommend braiding your hair first, and then locking up so you won't go through the very short phase of dreads.

But me, and some others just twisted up from the jump, some think that having very short dreads in the start is a good thing. But the first time you get dreaded up beeswax will be involved, and your hair has to get parted and all that good stuff...and it will probably take a long time.

PLEASE DON'T USE BEESWAX. IT BUILDS UP IN YOUR HAIR

and the general process is just waiting til your hair is long enough to be twisted in different sections or braided or some people just work a towel/brushthrough their fro every day til it locks up on its own

I'm still in the hair growing process, been growing for about 3 months now, and my hair is like 7 inches.
pimp.gif

btw, I found that Vitamin E pills help the hair to grow at a more noticable rate..

From what i'm told, Beeswax should only be used ONCE....that one time being the first time you start your dreads. I heard that build up in your hair thingas well and some hoodrat broads try to do it all the time but that's not recommended.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

b7435d71e02756d85adf3332fabd0c02a2fa2db.jpg

d1825cae625fb582306f045be408b07eb37a0d9.jpg
af415ae555573fff33b7e440e2f151af79fc55a.jpg

My last hair cut was summer of 2000, Ive had my locks since August of 2003. Theyre gettin old and heavy, I just can't let them go.
you should
sick.gif

j/k nice dreads

I think this is a good look for this chick.

Back
Top Bottom