OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

Probably using caution with Rose's knee and the amount of games the team is going to play.

Edit:

Pop is done with Team USA. I think he gets some blame for being an assistant on the 2004 team (rightfully or not). Doc Rivers or Thibbs will be the next head coach of Team USA.

Last edited:
Pop definitely gets blame for 04. Larry Brown and his staff were wrong for the international game. Mr. Play the Right Way was a self serving scumbag that threw his players under the bus.

I want D. ROSE healthy for the medal round. Team USA has a very soft group and probably won't be challenged until the medal round. Not to mention they play 5 games in 6 days. Alternating D. Rose and Irving makes sense.

It's not even a sure thing that they'll alternate starts.

Maybe they'll stick with Kyrie as the starting point. He's starting tonight.

I don't mind Kyrie starting. It sounds like either way, Rose will get his healthy share of minutes.

late but when/how/why he get on team philippines

laugh.gif

Filipinos always looking for the edge. They gave Andray Blatche citizenship just for basketball lol.

My brethren, no shame :smh

Haha did he actually ever live in the Philippines? Anyone else notice Eric Murphy will be playing for Finland? His mom is from there I think. I don't remember seeing him last year at Eurobasket so it just means random as hell

Last edited:
Filipinos always looking for the edge. They gave Andray Blatche citizenship just for basketball lol.

My brethren, no shame :smh
laugh.gif

still stumped by Manny coaching a pba team AND then drafting himself as the 11th pick 

ESPN Just needs to start streaming these games online, they know its the middle of the day, come on now......

Remember when Rose basically killed Goran Dragic with a two handed dunk?? :x

Damn that was a long time ago :smh:

Last edited:
Yet another questionable decision from K. Pick a rotation & stick with it.

I can't wait for Popovich to take over eventually :smh:

What do you mean "yet another"? You basing it off this year's roster, which he's had to cobble together and experiment with more lineups than he'd like to? Or off his entire tenure as coach?

Also, while Pop would be great as a coach for the program, we're past that point. He's not coaching Team USA. The next tourney he could coach would be 2019. He'll be 70 and retired.
Entire tenure. Pressing against teams with NBA guards, failing to sufficiently install a halfcourt offense initially, having Dwight Howard & Bron on the frontline and getting shredded in the PnR anyway, having arguably the greatest collection of talent since '92 and still needing Kobe and Wade bail out shots to win the gold because u have all these a-list defenders on the team but somehow u still gave up over 100 points.

And Pop could very well still be around at 70, but probably not too far beyond that so they'll probably be looking for more of a long term solution. So you're right he's probably done :smh:

Sacramento needs to start playing Rudy at PF more. Dude is big enough to guard 90% of PFs, would spread the floor for Cousins to work and would have a field day driving around bigger guys.

Boogie needs to get fed an infinite amount of times against Slovenia

Last edited:
Surprised the first quarter ended up being as competitive as it was.

Rudy Gay doesn't like to pass, does he huh. It's not like he's taking bad shots, but every time he touches the ball, he wants to shoot it

Back
Top Bottom