Official FIFA Soccer 13 Thread: Out Now!

Did any of you guys take advantage of "Happy Hour" yesterday?  Jumbo gold packs for 15k coins, went ahead and bought a pack for the first time and...

Fits nicely (my preferred formation) in my EPL squad and went ahead and picked up Santi Cazorla for 15k to go with him.  I'll see how it plays.  Worst comes to worst I just come out with a profit once the market settles down.

And the market apparently crashed to a certain extent with the lethal combo of Happy Hour and TOTW (Rooney+Messi+Fabregas), so...

Last edited:
LT/L2 doesn't really do anything during a corner kick set piece since most of the time the defender nearest the ball is locked into place while the ball is in the air.
Holding LT+RT/L2+R2 however, let's you freely move your defender defending the set piece so I do that to try and get in front of the ball and head it out.
Same with when I'm taking corners. LT+RT to get infront of the guy defending the corner, and head it in.

Idk if I agree. It seems to me like L2 does make your guy jockey for position.

Idk if I agree. It seems to me like L2 does make your guy jockey for position.

Yes, but not always. There are times when the player is just stuck there helplessly when the ball is kicked into the penalty box.

LT+RT let's you cancel and freely move the defender and get into a better position.

Oh, and since everyone else is showing off their Ultimate Teams.

jC18i.png

(Yep, Messi costed a grip.)

Last edited:

Current Ultimate Team - Won 8 Gold Cups with these guys, definitely a beastly squad
Trying to pick up Ronaldo and put him on the LW. Of course I'm buying Fifa points. Currently at around 700K towards acquiring Ronaldo

How did you get so much coins :wow:

Spending $ on Fifa Points. ha I figure the more enjoyable the game is with good players, the less stressed, so worth it in my book.

What is Fifa Happy Hour?
On Ultimate Team there's occasionally an hour time-frame where jumbo gold packs with 24 items for 15k coins are offered.  At this time the auction market usually "crashes" as well because a lot of people are opening packs with stuff they don't want.

On Ultimate Team there's occasionally an hour time-frame where jumbo gold packs with 24 items for 15k coins are offered.  At this time the auction market usually "crashes" as well because a lot of people are opening packs with stuff they don't want.

how is that different from buying 2 premium gold packs at 7,500 a piece? do you get more rares in the jumbo packs?

yea buying 2 7500 packs is 6 rares a jumbo 15000 pack is 7 rares

got it thanks. i think the deal they have going on right now is better. a premium gold with 4 rares for 7,500. buy 2 of those and you get 8 rares for 15000. i think it ends in 5 days.

If anyone wants to buy coins for UT on Xbox, let me know through PM. I enjoy messing with the marketplace then actually playing the game, and i really dont want to spend all my coins on a bunch of packs or players. I sold by 100,000 on FIFA 12 for a couple weeks when it barely came out, but eventually i started playing other games.

got it thanks. i think the deal they have going on right now is better. a premium gold with 4 rares for 7,500. buy 2 of those and you get 8 rares for 15000. i think it ends in 5 days.
I stupidly used coins on a few of those packs yesterday and got nothing. 
mean.gif
 I even managed to get the same (worthless) player in 2 straight packs.

I would stay away from packs in general tbh, and utilize the happy hour to get bargains on the auction market instead.  It's hard to resist, though.

Can someone explain to me why my Xbox freezes up when i try to load my current career mode?
I've tried loading it about 5 times and the same thing happens, but only when i try to play career mode everything else works.
I mean I am in the year 2020 for my career but I do not think that has anything to do with it.
Should i call EA or something to see if i can get a new copy or is it my Xbox?

I found my grove again. I just spend most of my time trading on FUT (have to build up my coins), and play on seasons. Trying to get to Division 1 with Chelsea. I'm winning and having fun.

Especially listening to this when I'm playing Fifa ->

Every time I score with Ramires or Oscar, I have to hit that Ai Se Eu Te Pego. :D

I bought several of those premium packs and got nothing but useless players. Waste of ******g time >: :smh: :x

Last edited:
I bought several of those premium packs and got nothing but useless players. Waste of ******g time >: :smh: :x

i feel you man i never get anything good in the premium golds in general. ive gotten one player worth selling and it was pierre walcott. aside from that i always end up with some BS like 2 shiny gold contracts and a shiny coach for healing.

:lol: stop opening goldpacks!! they are worthless. I wasted about 1.5k and didnt get any good players.
I got alot of contracts/formation though which I used on some of my top players like d.villa, iniesta, robben, sneijder, a. sanchez, j. navas....
sold them all (14-22k profit each).

I made up for my loss :pimp: the trading part of fut is awesome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom