Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

A while back I was messing with the formations and I ended up making 4-3-3 my default and the midfielders are not lined up properly. My issue is I use Ivory Coast and their default is 4-1-2-1-2 or something like that. I can't reset it. I've tried deleting my profile, resetting squads, etc and it will not reset when I go play sessions. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Anyone?

Who are some players to target that are 1k-2k?
i'd definitely check out Serie A. for your strikers you can get Muriel and Ibarbo, who are both Colombian and are cheap and perform a lot better than their rating. Midfield you can get Vidal, Marchisio, Cerci, Guarin. defenders get Chiellini, Benatia, Barzagli, and Abate. they should all be pretty close to your price range.

Last edited:
Mandzukic > Huntelaar IMO

The Bundesliga has a lot of cheap attacking talent. Some of my favorites:

Muller

Perisic

Draxler

Kroos

De Bruyne

Ya Konan

Ramos

DM

Luiz Gustavo

Javi Martinez

Back line

Schmelzer

Dante

Boateng

Piszczek

Who are some players to target that are 1k-2k?
It depends on what kind of team you're trying to build (i.e., Ligue Un, Bundesliga, la liga or if you're building by nationality.)
Missed your edit...

I'd likely build German or Bundesliga.

You can mix right? Lot of Germans in Bundesliga so if say I have Ozil who's not Bundesliga he will still jive because hes German national, right?

Mandzukic > Huntelaar IMO

The Bundesliga has a lot of cheap attacking talent. Some of my favorites:

Muller

Perisic

Draxler

Kroos

De Bruyne

Ya Konan

Ramos

DM

Luiz Gustavo

Javi Martinez

Back line

Schmelzer

Dante

Boateng

Piszczek
I do well with Mandzukic... I think i saw him on the transfers for relatively cheap, too.

Just won the WC for the first time with that squad I posted earlier....are you guys buying more packs after you win or spending it on your reg FUT team?

A while back I was messing with the formations and I ended up making 4-3-3 my default and the midfielders are not lined up properly. My issue is I use Ivory Coast and their default is 4-1-2-1-2 or something like that. I can't reset it. I've tried deleting my profile, resetting squads, etc and it will not reset when I go play sessions. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Im not sure fam. So you're saying you cant change formations before games? Or you cant edit your custom formation? Try going into your hard drive and delete "personal settings" "online custimizations " "online squad"and anythinf that sounds like that. Then try clearing your system cache by pressing Y on your hard drive. Dont do format tho could hurt your drive

I was going to pick this game up this weekend before I seen the World Cup 14 edition in your opinion which one is a better copy I haven't played fifa since 10

Personally I would hold off 3-4 months for FIFA 15. If you are really bored and wanna play I'd say pickup the regular copy of FIFA 14, you can find it cheap at a lot of places now. World Cup is nice but def not worth $60 for an add on basically.

This FIFA is pretty bad IMO compared to 10-12. Pretty buggy, pre-determined scripting, impact engine(nothing is a foul anymore) and offline is a snoozfest after a few games against the CPU.

im not sure fam. So you're saying you cant change formations before games? Or you cant edit your custom formation? Try going into your hard drive and delete "personal settings" "online custimizations " "online squad"and anythinf that sounds like that. Then try clearing your system cache by pressing Y on your hard drive. Dont do format tho could hurt your drive

I can change it before the match but I wanted to go back to the default for that specific team which was 4-1-2-1-2. I was hesitant to delete personal settings but I deleted everything yesterday and nothing. I ended up going to the team profile to edit the formation, as soon as I changed the RB position to RB (I know that sounds weird if you're not seeing it) it turned the 4-1-2-1-2 formation into 4-4-2. I just kept it as 4-4-2 Custom to use online.

I can change it before the match but I wanted to go back to the default for that specific team which was 4-1-2-1-2. I was hesitant to delete personal settings but I deleted everything yesterday and nothing. I ended up going to the team profile to edit the formation, as soon as I changed the RB position to RB (I know that sounds weird if you're not seeing it) it turned the 4-1-2-1-2 formation into 4-4-2. I just kept it as 4-4-2 Custom to use online.
Yeah dont be hesitant to delete personal settings it doesnt delete anything important. Im 90% sure doing so will reset everything back to default, formations, set plays, tactics, and your button layout will go back to default.

Another thing with the custom formations is to play with change role or change position. If you accidentally move players out of position you can just change em yourself. You can change a LM into a LW/LAM/LF and stuff like that so maybe thats why messing with your RB made your formation change into something else.

Last edited:
Another thing is their default formation might officially be changed by EA to 4-3-3. I'm pretty sure they run that in real life with Drogba at ST and Kalou and Gervinho as the wingers.

So you might just have to select the 4-2-1-2 manually if you prefer that formation.

When I initially started messing around with it I moved a midfielder slightly ahead just to see far I could me them around. It saved and I couldn't reset it.

I'll post a pic when I get home.

All around with good height... Probably 4-2-3-1 formation... 
all around with good height? Idk, my Korean team is my favorite. Strong, tall, good pace (93 on a CB? check), good heading. Only thing that sucks sometimes is their dribbling is kinda meh, but you have to improvise with passes and plays.

I mean, this happens in WC FUT too. My team is pretty ******, yet I can win easily against teams with messi and the sort if I play my cards right. It's all about tactics. People that have great players on their team but rely solely on long passes and pace will get outsmarted. I know, I used to do that all the time :smh: Learned the hard way to develop a better game plan after falling from 2nd division down to 6th on UT.

All around with good height... Probably 4-2-3-1 formation... 
all around with good height? Idk, my Korean team is my favorite. Strong, tall, good pace (93 on a CB? check), good heading. Only thing that sucks sometimes is their dribbling is kinda meh, but you have to improvise with passes and plays.

I mean, this happens in WC FUT too. My team is pretty ******, yet I can win easily against teams with messi and the sort if I play my cards right. It's all about tactics. People that have great players on their team but rely solely on long passes and pace will get outsmarted. I know, I used to do that all the time :smh: Learned the hard way to develop a better game plan after falling from 2nd division down to 6th on UT.

Whos your defenders?

I ended up going with a German team... It's pretty good considering I started from scratch I think.

What phone app do yall go to and look at your teams?

Off the top of my head my team is

Klose - Volland  

Schurrle -  Draxler - Sam/Hermann

Khedira

Subotic - Badstuber - Boateng - Jung

Adler

Also have Cardozo at striker, Bruno Cesar backing up at CAM and a couple others for depth.

Is it even worth buying packs?  I copped 2 premium gold packs for 7500 and didn't get too much...

Last edited:
Generally not worth buying packs, especially this time of year. The app is EA Sports Football Club.

Back
Top Bottom