Official FIFA Soccer 15 Thread

View media item 1653473
My final squad of FIFA 15. Don't mind Erkin, and Moore at RB. Run this and a 352 replacing Erkin with Valderama. Costed me 2.5 mill which is all I had left of my 11.5 mill when I sold off my packed MOTM Ronaldo I shared earlier in this thread. Extreme pack binging and rage selling expensive players costed me millions.

Team plays great when I don't scripted on. A lot of teams try really sweaty tactics after they see this on the loading screen :lol:

Weah is PURE class. 2nd favorite player is Futre. 5* star weak foot to go along with 4* skill moves. Okocha is brilliant with dribbling and Effenberg is a tank at midfield. Weakest players are Ljungberg, Valderama and Moore. They just don't stand out as much.

Fifa 15 had been a blast plus and minus a few things. This is my 2nd and a half year of FUT and I'm pretty lucky to be playing with these type of players. Road to Pele will be starting once FIFA 16 comes out September :pimp:

Last edited:
That team looks incredible. My first legends were a squad with Zlatan, Larsson, Okocha. I later went on to spend money on coins and get Ronaldo for 6.9 Mil. Market dropped with price ranges and I sold him for 1 mil. Then I bought about 6 legends. They weren't as good as Ronaldo.

I loved Futre. Shevchenko was okay, I liked Okocha. I thought Pires was inferior to Futre. I hated Effenberg. Rui Costa and Hagi were really good though.

I have always played with an American (also MLS) team throughout this year's FUT. It turns out I am a lot better with them than I am these other teams because I play smarter, possessing it and taking high quality shots.

I'm fairly new to FIFA but I've been playing a while. My record is straight im 23-8-24, but my question to you guys is what should I read/study to improve my game on a different level. Such as what formations work for what and what the positions mean and all that good stuff.

I'm fairly new to FIFA but I've been playing a while. My record is straight im 23-8-24, but my question to you guys is what should I read/study to improve my game on a different level. Such as what formations work for what and what the positions mean and all that good stuff.
All about balance IMO. You don't want to set up a team that is all attacking or defending. You only want 1, 2 or maybe 3 guys who you want to depend on scoring all the time for your team. Understand what role each player has and don't try to overdo it.

Personally for me, my all time favorite FIFA formation is 4-2-3-1. It suits my style of play since I go through the middle a lot. I have 2 Center Defensive Midfielders that provide extra defensive cover. I usually pick a big strong defensive player (Matic, Busquets, Khedira) and a more agile good passing midfielder as my other CDM (Modric, Rakitic, Lahm). Then comes my attacking 3 midfielders. My main player in my build up when I attack is my Center Attacking midfielder. He's basically my QB orchestrating the whole attack to see if wanna go out wide, dribble through traffic, play to my striker or hold up the play so everyone can come up to join the attack. Guys like David Silva, De Bruyne, Gotze, James Rodriguez. Out wide I usually go for guys with pace and shooting and sometimes crossing depending on who my Striker is. I love me players like Reus, Robben, Bale that keeps your opponent on his toes. As for the striker, I'm confident in only 1 because I love to dribble and use skill moves in and around the box. I prefer much smaller and agile strikers since I can weave in and out of defenders easier since I only have one guy up there.

To me that is balanced but to you and plenty other people it might mean a totally different thing. Another thing that's important in a good formation is to look up your players workrates in their in game bio. Work rates determine how often your player moves up and down the field and how far up or far back they go. Usually for attackers you want them to have a High-Medium attacking workrate and at the most a Medium-Low defensive work rate. For example, a player with a High Attack and Low Defensive workrate usually means he will rarely come back on defense. These are the players you always see ready to attack. Medium/Medium is okay, but you will lose track of them once in awhile. For me High/High are the worst because these players are usually outta position. They will be running EVERYWHERE.

One last thing you should learn about is a players strong and weak foot when you shoot. Just like work rates you can see this in their in game bio. The strong foot matters! The amount of times I see my opponents use the right foot to shoot with Messi, Bale, Robben, Di Maria is laughable. I forgot where I read it but each player is given 5 stars to determine how effective their weaker foot is. I think it goes along the line of each star representing 20%. Players like Messi, Bale, Robben are strong on their left foot and have an in game weak foot rating of 2*-3* meaning that if you shoot with their right foot, it will only be 40%-60% as effective if you would of shot it with their left foot. So the next time you are wondering how on earth you just missed with the likes of Messi and em, make sure you're shooting on their stronger foot.

Pretty long read but hope it helps. Just came back from the bar and was bored AF so I just thougbt I'd help out a fellow NT'er :lol:

Last edited:
I'm salty I missed out on the Beta invites :smh:

PES 2016 Demo has came out on both PS and Xbox marketplaces. Played a few games and I'm really impressed. They upgraded their graphics a ton and I really love the game play of it. No tacky "game play engines" just straight up resembles the real game. What it's lacking is more licenses. I might cop it and play single player on it since they have the license to the Champions League.

A breathe of fresh air compared to all the shenanigans that happen in FIFA. Will still cop FIFA 16 but if it's subpar, I'm gonna jump ship to PES.

any of you got invited to the Beta for 16?
I got one for xbox one career mode. Played 2 games. Players feel like they have more weight to them and it seems like a slower pace. Cpu also played a lot better on both offense and defense.

I got one for xbox one career mode. Played 2 games. Players feel like they have more weight to them and it seems like a slower pace. Cpu also played a lot better on both offense and defense.

Yeah, these were my thoughts as well. This year is is going to be about strength and who has the stronger players. It feels like pace has nothing to do with the game anymore. Can barely out run a defender.

I really like the FUT Draft mode though seems like its going to be fun.

Yup, FUT draft is so much fun.  So far my average team rating is probably 83-84 when playing draft.  And pace definitely is not something that you can abuse in 16, near post shots however...
mean.gif

image_0.img.jpg

This is probably the most exciting thing I'm looking forward to. No matter how boring offline is, career mode is pretty fun to play every now and then and now we can actually train our players young or old and develop their skills on whatever we want. Can't wait to transform Alaba and Danillo into elite Wingers by 2020 :pimp:

Anyone get the Pro Clubs beta? I NEED answers on if they changed anything or not. It's neck and neck between Pro Clubs and FUT for me that keeps me interested in FIFA.

Last edited:
how do you do the scorpion kick?
To put it in simple terms, you need 4 things. The cross/lobbed pass placement, timing, the right players and luck.

Now here's all the hard part. I have only triggered the Scorpion Kick 4 times this whole FIFA year. Made 3, missed 1. The placement of the lobbed pass or cross has to be placed behind the player that's receiving the ball. I have my crossing set to semi-assisted and my lobbed through balls to manual so I can personally aim the pass better. So when you receive the ball behind the player all you really to do is quickly press LT(L2) and press shoot at the same time.

The other thing is that the player who you want to shoot the Scorpion kick with has to have the "Flair" trait. You can see which players have it in their bio or Stat screen. It's players like Ronaldo, Neymar, Pogba, Quaresma and etc, etc. The 4 scorpion attempts I've done this year we're with Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Aguero and Van Persie who missed :smh:

The last thing is luck. Even if you do it correctly 100 out of 100 times, there's still such a slim chance that it triggers. This one in particular was lucky because I was ready to just volley the ball into the net, but didnt realize my buddy passed it behind my player. I held LT anyways and it was even better that it was Pogba making that run. It makes them appearing in game even more exciting and to finish it off...makes you feel on top of the world :pimp:

Last edited:
Just got a pretty fun draft team, 4-4-2 holding formation:

ST: Pele & Cavani  (captain choices were Pele, Owen, Van Basten, Suarez & Messi)

LM: Reus

CDM: Boateng & IF Matuidi

RM: Figo

LB: Ricardo Rodriguez (for chemistry with reus & boateng)

CB: Boateng & David Luiz

RB: Serge Aurier

GK: Mandanda

So in FUT draft, are you using packs?
You get a choice of 5 players for each position including your bench.  You have to balance between taking the best player and still maintaining chemistry.  Sometimes its all gold rare players, other times its all bronze players.

You also have to pick from 5 random formations before you select your squad.  A team I previously made I got stuck with a bad formation and had to pass on Ronaldo because I wouldnt be able to play him above 5 chem due to not having a LM/LW/LF position.

You essentially play a 4 game, single elimination tournament and there are reward tiers based on how many games you win.  I think they said the entry cost is going to be 15k coins, but your guaranteed to get rewards (packs) that are valued at least at 15k coins.  

Back
Top Bottom