***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

Glad it wasn't't/isn't just me. 8) I mean, I've got kind of a wide foot regardlesss, but in the IIIs especially it looked like i was wearing my little brother's shoe or something. :rofl:

Same. my foot is all ready wide and these made them look even wider...

it's gonna be fun to see how they look on my feet now that my foot is definitely fatter then it was in 97 
laugh.gif

Haha. Mine too. At least mine was only a fat like 9.5 or 10 back then. Its now a fat 13. :x

All I know for sure is that the Navy Red or the White Black pairs of the IIIs and these

were the hottest things going at my school at the time and i couldn't afford them. Any 1 of the three in those exact colorways will always be bought on sight. Better late to the cool kids club than never. Lol.

I am not sure why FILA decided to reverse the colors on the midsole, but I am sure they has some sort of a reason.

Last edited:
@ trentbg That's the same thing I asked myself when I seen the pic. I think that they should of made the midsole exactly the same and not change it at all. In my opinion it made the midsole pop even more. With todays technology etc. how hard can it be to make it look exactly the same like how it looked in the 90s. Were in 2014 it should of been a piece of cake, that shoe should of looked like we was looking at a clone or like if someone time traveled back in time. I just hope if they come out with the black pair they do it right.

^^^
Could be a costing issue when manufacturing my dude. The Stack IIs had the incomplete piping on the midsole as well.

I agree that they should go the whole 9 yards.

they ruined the mashburns

but those fila 97 in white black will be mine :smokin

its cool how they kept the 33 on them

hill is missing. they should have just called them the fila dirt hill and claimed the hill is for an actual dirt hill :lol:

Last edited:
Let's hope KiddFuture is listening to some of the 'Mash criticism and can do something about it. Those could just be sample pairs.

@vood99 Yeah that could be it. I just said what i said cause i'm passionate about seeing the kicks that i love get done right when they decide to retro them, you know to look identicle to the ones in the 90s that you wont be able to tell the difference. Nonetheless I'll probably purchase some Mashburns cause it could have been worst and honestly it doesnt look that bad it just looks kind of different you know the flipping the colors on the midsole. The only pair that almost looks the same to the og is the white pair. To me it's like this imagine buying your favorite candy from your childhood now in 2014 and it tastes different like if they change something on the recipe, for real you dont do that why change what made your company flourish. If it is a sample and they could make the mashburns midsole the same like the og ones then i'll be a happy man cause i still feel some type of way about the midsole.

C Flyness, as before we're on the same page. Looking at the OG Mash and the retro - the former looks blocky and period correct for the 90s. The latter looks somewhat streamlined but there's less of an emphasis on the midsole pattern which essentially makes a very simple shoe stand out.

In any case, we'll wait for KiddFuture to chime in.

C Flyness, as before we're on the same page. Looking at the OG Mash and the retro - the former looks blocky and period correct for the 90s. The latter looks somewhat streamlined but there's less of an emphasis on the midsole pattern which essentially makes a very simple shoe stand out.

In any case, we'll wait for KiddFuture to chime in.

Yeah, I'm hoping the inside word can let us know a bit more, and hopefully a sole fix. I have to agree with others that this doesn't seem like a necessary change. Then again, I wasn't fully convinced about the Stack 2 change either, so maybe my knowledge of soles & their production is just not up to scratch!

With all the hyped Jordan and nike releases later this year the ghIIIs and the Mashburns will be copped for the low. I guess that's one thing I can thank JB for lol well I hope anyway :smokin :wink:

Ehhh the first time fila retroed the gh 2 it looked terrible. After that they retroed them properly i believe 4 other times

They will get the mashburns right one day

now that u guys mention bout how the fitting suck, the fitting really do suck just like the penny 1s. lol

Back
Top Bottom