Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

I'm very, very very pissed hearing that they might be looking into adding Luna, Iris, Aranea and Cor as DLC players to add to your party. Why not do that from the beginning :smh:

I'm very, very very pissed hearing that they might be looking into adding Luna, Iris, Aranea and Cor as DLC players to add to your party. Why not do that from the beginning :smh:

You can tell that there were supposed to be extra party members at one point, especially Aranea since you can actually glitch her into your party permanently. Im not even hype for DLC in this game because im sure the bulk of it was stuff they just ended up getting out of the game for budget/time constraints.

Even for the Prompto/Ignis/Gladius story missions. Im sure we can all pick out which point in the current story their missions will take place.

Ignis - Altissa and the fight against the Imperial army where he loses his eye sight.
Gladius - when he temporarily leaves the party before you go to the ruins with Aranea.
Prompto - when he falls off the train and is being held captive by Ardyan

I'm pretty pissed lol. 10 years in the making ... just make the best game you can give us without having to buy no extra things... I'm working my *** off trying to finish the game as completely as possible, and they goin to try to make me play the game again with these new characters

Lol I head about glitching Aranea into your party but then I heard there were some things you couldn't do with her like ride chocobos and stuff

Last edited:
I don't think they want you to play the game again. I think these characters will be there to fill in some of the obvious plot holes they've left out. There are environments from the trailers that didn't even make it in the game. The game is still good, but it's obvious that they gutted it probably for more money, maybe due to time but it without a doubt left more to be desired. The ending deserves a better build up. Chapters 9-12 were a blur when they should have been the focal point of the game.

I think it's why they are doing an episodic FF7 remake. With the amount of coding that games require now it's tough to do it all properly. Especially if you want to develop a huge open world environment like we demand from RPGs like FF. I mean I expect them to do something in the magnitude of elder scrolls or the witcher going forward since they no longer need to build an engine.

but it's obvious that they gutted it probably for more money, maybe due to time but it without a doubt left more to be desired.

I have a huge problem with this. After I finish this game, I might just start buying final fantasy games a year after it comes out if they going to do it like that

Last edited:
I've already started buying games a yr+ after release. This patch/dlc/season pass era is a huge money grab. I'll wait for the definitive edition and get it for 20.

Last edited:
You know what they should have packaged Kingsglave and brotherhood with every copy of the game.

I've already started buying games a yr+ after release. This patch/dlc/season pass era is a huge money grab. I'll wait for the definitive edition and get it for 20.

Yea I'm not down with that. Not at all. OK. If the dlc content was maybe cool weapons and cars that's coo. No problem. But stuff that could add to the main story like characters. Have a huge problem with withholding characters from the main story and saving them for patches

I am not happy with square enix

Last edited:

but it's obvious that they gutted it probably for more money, maybe due to time but it without a doubt left more to be desired.
I have a huge problem with this. After I finish this game, I might just start buying final fantasy games a year after it comes out if they going to do it like that
It's kind of the way the industry is headed unfortunately. 

Other than the DLC containing missions for the other 3 main characters, none of the upcoming content has really interested me. I haven't even downloaded this carnival business.

I attempted the costlemark tower dungeon again and it looks like I've got to go through the maze again and fight all the red giants over smh...I couldn't even do it last night after work. Didn't have the patience for it.

I'm curious. What level are you and what swords are you using when you fight these red Giants
57 when I went through the dungeon I had to go through the puzzle maze all over again. Finally, completed it after an hour and 30 mins. I probably spent a total of 2 hours and 30 mins in that dungeon. the red giants are around level 42 and the final Jabberwock is level 50 something I believe. Jabberwock was less troublesome than the boss fights at the end of the maze. I was using a great sword I got from Randolph in lestallum, ultima blade, and switched between some royal arms weapons.

Last edited:
I think the monsters around pitioss dungeon area are the toughest in game aside from the bosses. From what I saw the were ranging from lv44 to 85 over there. Couldnt kill anything since I'm lv49 and didn't want to burn inventory picking myself up. I quit on pitioss dungeon too last night, that part where it turns to to a side scroller made me flip my lid.

I think the monsters around pitioss dungeon area are the toughest in game aside from the bosses. From what I saw the were ranging from lv44 to 85 over there. Couldnt kill anything since I'm lv49 and didn't want to burn inventory picking myself up. I quit on pitioss dungeon too last night, that part where it turns to to a side scroller made me flip my lid.
Any items in that dungeon? Whats the reward for completing it?

The black hood. Accessory that auto-dodges attacks when not attacking.

And I'm still looking for fhe dominator great sword, not to mention I haven't upgraded past engine blade 3, I still have a ton of work to do.

Last edited:
I'm level 56 right now. I'm using Hardedge as my swords for Gladio and Noctis. When I was level 50 I was running for my life when I peeped a red giant. I guess I'll try again.

Red giants were no where near as hard as fighting and getting cornered by those damn lightning bombs smh.

I didnt have any elemency left to use so i was getting massacred. Blew through majority of my megaelixers and mega pheonixs. The dungeon boss fight was cake in comparison.

Hardest fight to date is still the five coeurls hunt

I'm still on chapter 8 though, and that fight was maybe ten levels ago

Literally trying to do whatever side quest I can before I cross over to the other continent lol

Last edited:
Red giants were no where near as hard as fighting and getting cornered by those damn lightning bombs smh.

I didnt have any elemency left to use so i was getting massacred. Blew through majority of my megaelixers and mega pheonixs. The dungeon boss fight was cake in comparison.
Truth. I did get washed up by the Bombs too towards the end of the maze. My goal is to 100% the game, may not need to get the black hood just yet seeing as Im only expecting one more main fight in this game which is the adamantoise. Not sure if that fight would require much evading.

I'm tight. I just beat the iron giant and his cronies at Daurell Caverns but failed to create the shortcut that leads to an optional area before I heat him. Now I think I got to do the dungeon all over again

I don't understand. I point warped to the scaffolding and I tried to knock the ladder down before the battle was over.. But it didn't work? Anyone help?

*edit

Oh ok. I had to let my buddies finish the fight.. I can only kick the ladder down after the fight is over..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom