Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

So you already beat the lv120 magitek boss?
I didn't, is it a requirement for a trophy? edit. oops thought this was directed to me.

No it's a quest in a chain of them to get legendary weapons. This is the last one I have left personally. It's a tough fight. The first one is to kill a level 55 zu bird in the hammerhead area. All these quests in the chain minus the 2 tornberries and the level 120 guy are easy.

Crestholm Channel gave me a headache. I backed out of the dungeon, saved and exited. Game makes a ***** wanna drink sometimes.

Na I backed out the dungeons before I could pick up the headlights. I had the biggest headache navigating that maze and I needed a break. :lol:

costlemark dungeon is a pain in the ***. I kept falling down to the lower dungeon area and having to fight the red giants. came to a point where I was fighting 3 red giants, a swarm of enemies, and the nargaga snake lady. smh. Still haven't gotten the royal weapon as I started running out of items and had to leave the dungeon to reup on items. I spent about 2 and a half hours on that puzzle and still haven't gotten the weapon yet. Hopefully its the hardest of the bunch to accomplish the royal weapons trophy.

One of the hardest dungeons.
I was drunk on potions during that fight.

I'm pretty pissed lol. 10 years in the making ... just make the best game you can give us without having to buy no extra things... I'm working my *** off trying to finish the game as completely as possible, and they goin to try to make me play the game again with these new characters

Lol I head about glitching Aranea into your party but then I heard there were some things you couldn't do with her like ride chocobos and stuff

As far as I know, the DLC will have you play a separate story with you controlling the other characters so different battle system since it isn't Noctis and new areas hopefully too.

Definitely want to play more as Cor as we hardly saw him at all. Wouldn't mind Aranea too.

I have a huge problem with this. After I finish this game, I might just start buying final fantasy games a year after it comes out if they going to do it like that

Dont think it would make a difference since the content is separate from the game itself.

If it's the same game but more characters added to the party then that would be very bad

Man I was lucky enough to buy a copy of the guide before I got too far in, because some of those dungeons are straight obnoxious.

Costlemark was downright satanic, thankfully I had the guide or I would have constantly been looped into that fight with the 3 giants.

The sewer dungeon where you find the headlights pissed me off so hard, not enemy wise because I was at least level 80 and nothing can really **** with me in the vanilla overworld/dungeons (pushing level 90 now), it's just that the layout and navigating that dungeon is so effing difficult for no reason.

I have the ultima blade and maybe 3 or 4 of the five legendary weapons, cleared out all main dungeons including the one you can only get to with the Type F.

All that's left now is the higher level hunts (although at least two of those are repeats of bosses you already killed :x)

And those 8 extra ultra hard mode maze dungeons. Not touching those until level 100.

Last edited:
Spoiler
If you're gonna copy FFVI, do it right. World of Ruin should have been explorable beyond Galdin Quay, If I had known I would have told Talcott to keep it moving and I'll find my own way to hammerhead. And it's crazy how Ravus and daemons around insomnia were harder than the Ifrit and Ardyn.
I finished at lv48, don't remember how many royal arms I have but I'm sure it's no more than what was necessary to progress the story. Now to figure out how to get this regalia airborne.

Just saw this post. Word!! Had me looking around during that ride in the truck like DAMB look at all these demons! Come to find out you can't even go back in the postgame :x

Dragon's Dogma did it right, after you beat the main story boss the open world becomes a hellish nightmare where all enemies are replaced with horrific super-monsters :lol: while giving you the option of New Game + the entire time

Matterfact I think I had way more fun with Dragon's Dogma than FFXV. It was a JRPG not stuck in its outdated ways (like FFXV) and smart enough to adapt **** from western RPGs like Skyrim.

Last edited:
87 percent completed. All I need to do is take out the Adamantoise, level up Noctis's fishing skill 4 more levels, 2 more levels for Ignis and Gladio. Is level 60 good enough to take on the Adamantoise?

One of the hardest dungeons.
I was drunk on potions during that fight.
As far as I know, the DLC will have you play a separate story with you controlling the other characters so different battle system since it isn't Noctis and new areas hopefully too.

Definitely want to play more as Cor as we hardly saw him at all. Wouldn't mind Aranea too.
Dont think it would make a difference since the content is separate from the game itself.

If it's the same game but more characters added to the party then that would be very bad

Same. I went through so many potions, phoenix downs, and elixirs. I tried to keep Ignis going so I can use regroup, Prompto for piercer, and Gladio for the downhammer. Each of them were useful when fighting the giants.
I feel like the DLC may have a gladio story where it shows how Gladio gets the scar on his face, and how Ignis goes blind, possibly what happens to Prompto after falling off the train too? Cause those parts go by so quickly and it's just shrugged off as eh.

Last edited:
It'd be maddening if it turns out thst fishing is the difference between 89 and 90 percent. Lol

Last edited:
87 percent completed. All I need to do is take out the Adamantoise, level up Noctis's fishing skill 4 more levels, 2 more levels for Ignis and Gladio. Is level 60 good enough to take on the Adamantoise?

You can do it at level 60 but it will take a long time.
I would leave it for last. I was mid eighties and it still took me a while.

I would look at some of the strats online. There's a video of a guy doing it in 10 minutes but he was maxed out.
I just made sure to use daggers as the other weapons don't link attacks on it for some reason and a meal that boosts attack and guarantees criticial hits.

It definitely made it a lot shorter than my first attempt where my game crashed after bringing it down to about 25% health.

Same. I went through so many potions, phoenix downs, and elixirs. I tried to keep Ignis going so I can use regroup, Prompto for piercer, and Gladio for the downhammer. Each of them were useful when fighting the giants.
I feel like the DLC may have a gladio story where it shows how Gladio gets the scar on his face, and how Ignis goes blind, possibly what happens to Prompto after falling off the train too? Cause those parts go by so quickly and it's just shrugged off as eh.
I remember reading that the DLC for Gladio will be when he just left the party for no reason then you met him back at the power plant.
Dunno if that's true though

I remember reading that the DLC for Gladio will be when he just left the party for no reason then you met him back at the power plant.
Dunno if that's true though
    And Also GreyFoxx..
Correct, Gladio's DLC is about when he departs from the party, he fights gilgamesh and thats how he received his second scar...
Yup Ignis dlc explains how he became blind and Promp's is about when he falls off the ttrain and discovers who he really is.

Also, If anyone is interested in Final Fantasy Versus XIII plot...
PM me
Hybrid 
nerd.gif

Also, If anyone is interested in Final Fantasy Versus XIII plot...

PM me

Hybrid :nerd:

I'm going to hold off on this.

One of the beauties of a media blackout is not knowing what you missed out on :lol:
I know some people were pissed because a lot of Versus didn't make it into FFXV.

So apparently you can do 99,999 damage from magic with electron, flare and freeze. Look up Zanar Aesthetics on YouTube.

100% completed ffxv. I'm only level 62 but may still play here and there. Currently trying to get the black hood.

You actually like that game, way too kiddie imo. It's a decent turn based FF but the Pokemon element is something I wasn't feeling and basically the deal breaker. Seems like something Nintendo would put out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom