Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

I'm On chapter 9 but how many summons should I have? Im only aware of two, the Titan one and then Zeus thunder one. Are there mores? And how do I get them.

Titan never really shows up tbh, I've played at least 70 hours or so and have yet to summon him. Or maybe I did like once and don't remember. My understanding is that he only shows up in wide open plains.

Ramuh (lightning guy) shows up the most and therefore you'll like him more. I believe he's also the only one to show up inside of dungeons. I believe his trigger is a battle that goes on for mad long. Therefore when Ramuh shows up it's usually to save your *** from a washing you're barely surviving. That's why he's my fav.

Shiva shows up pretty occasionally but not as much as Ramuh in my experience.

Leviathan only shows up when you're near a body of water.

The last summon, [*******], I'll let you discover on your own. It's the most lit one.

You get all summons as the story progresses.

Last edited:
I'm on chapter 12 and I got the earth, water and lightning gods. As long as your progressing with the story you should acquire them. You can summon them by holding down L2 for 5 seconds whenever you hear the summon music. When you can summon these gods are kinda random.

On a side note. I went from Hunter level 6 to 8 in a day. I did nothing but play final fantasy today lmao. 50000 exp earned and counting that I'm waiting on tripling at Past Altissia :evil:

*edit

Just read your post Flatbush. Lmao, there's a Shiva? Either I must not be there yet or I completely blocked that part of the game out of my memory.

Last edited:
Titan never really shows up tbh, I've played at least 70 hours or so and have yet to summon him. Or maybe I did like once and don't remember. My understanding is that he only shows up in wide open plains.

Ramuh (lightning guy) shows up the most and therefore you'll like him more. I believe he's also the only one to show up inside of dungeons. I believe his trigger is a battle that goes on for mad long. Therefore when Ramuh shows up it's usually to save your *** from a washing you're barely surviving. That's why he's my fav.

Shiva shows up pretty occasionally but not as much as Ramuh in my experience.

Leviathan only shows up when you're near a body of water.

The last summon, [*******], I'll let you discover on your own. It's the most lit one.

You get all summons as the story progresses.

The Leviathan conditions are not true at all in my experience. Levi shows up more than Ramuh for me, and with no water around most of the time. Hell, I summoned Levi within the first 10 seconds of fighting the Adamantoise. As soon as I started the fight, the summon prompt popped up, and I dont think there's water nearby. :lol:

I had the Titan dude show up for me quite a few times. The summons usually show up when you're getting handled badly.

Cool, so it's not like the royal arms. Shiva is the one you encounter when you first start the game when Noctis got the beard I believe. Like the first cut scene.

I'm a an hour into chapter 13 and I don't even feel like playing anymore( playtime so far is 35 hours). I found the game fun up until around gettting too altisia and the leviathan fight. I still enjoy the story but everything since just feels like a chore. I kinda feel like just watching the rest on YouTube. This is why JRPGs( aside from Pokémon) don't really do it for me. They start out fun then turn into a chore, where as something like Pokémon or even skyrim, I can change things up constantly to keep things fresh

No doubt much of this game is a chore. But eventually I got to the point where I was too deep and I needed to see most of it through. I tried to play the game so a lot of the non fun stuff, I got out of the way and now I'm having a blast just doing all these hunts.

Today was probably the most fun I've had playing ff15 since I started it.

I'm 15/30 on Hunter level 8. I know adamantoise is 5 points, something like that. I'm drawing a blank on where I get those last ten points lol.

I should've made a checklist so I don't have to go to each rest stop to figure out what monsters I need to hunt lol

Last edited:
The strategy guide should've told me it was impossible to progress to Hunter rank 9 before post game.

Had me going around like crazy wondering where the missing 3 points was.

Thank God for the internet.

Costlemark tower was stressful man. But managed to do it. Jabberwocky was cake compared to the rest of that mess :x

And there's a level 99 version of it?!?

Last edited:
I had a lot of fun playing ff today man. I literally did nothing else but play ff and eat...

Between the 6 7 and 8 hunts and costlemark, I got to admit I had a blast. If more of the game was like today instead of tedious tasks like finding stranded hunters and drivers, and running errands for random ppl, I would give the game straight A marks across the board.

My heart was racing like hell when I had realized the meal that nullifies lightning damage wore off and I was stuck in a little square in costlemark filled with a billion lightning bombs LOL. Not to mention there was a yojimbo in that room too :lol: I had no idea if I had lightning resistant accessories and was scrambling like hell looking for one. I would've been so mad to lose to tiny lightning bombs after going through the red giant room twice [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

The lightning crest accessory..you da real mvp [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Just beat the adamantoise. The hardest part is the damn camera

Last edited:
So. You went for the level 120 nagifar first and then did the level 99 adamantoise fight? It should be in that order?

Btw. If I'm level 77, but I haven't done chapter 12-14 yet... How much further can I expect to level up doing just the story. I have no more side quests to do...

Just asking because I had always expected to be at level 99 by the time I reach post game. My guess is that it's impossible now lol

Last edited:
So. You went for the level 120 nagifar first and then did the level 99 adamantoise fight? It should be in that order?

Btw. If I'm level 77, but I haven't done chapter 12-14 yet... How much further can I expect to level up doing just the story. I have no more side quests to do...

Just asking because I had always expected to be at level 99 by the time I reach post game. My guess is that it's impossible now lol

I did naglfar first to get the legendary weapon. The adamantoise is easy honestly it's just the terrible camera and he has a ton of HP.

I was going to go after the adamantamoise before post game to get that 27th point, but I think I'm going to do it your way too. After scouring the internet most ppl seem to do the bosses in that order.

Back
Top Bottom