Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

Just tried costlemark tower.. Oh hell nawwww. I'm taking my *** to chapter 9. I'm using elixirs like cray just to keep Ignis Gladio and Prompto alive. Noctis is the only one who can hang... And that damn summon never comes! Idk how you guys are beating this dungeon in the low 60s. Props to you.

Last edited:
Just tried costlemark tower.. Oh hell nawwww. I'm taking my *** to chapter 9. I'm using elixirs like cray just to keep Ignis Gladio and Prompto alive. Noctis is the only one who can hang... And that damn summon never comes! Idk how you guys are beating this dungeon in the low 60s. Props to you.
Yeah, the summon is random. I usually get it on the 2nd or 3rd trial through the maze. Determination kept me going :lol:. I used Gladio's downhammer and Prompto's piercer skill to get some good blows in on the red giants. Also parrying the red giants hit leaves them vulnerable for a good hit.

Yeah, the summon is random. I usually get it on the 2nd or 3rd trial through the maze. Determination kept me going :lol:. I used Gladio's downhammer and Prompto's piercer skill to get some good blows in on the red giants. Also parrying the red giants hit leaves them vulnerable for a good hit.

Forget the red giants. Lol at level 62, Gladio Ignis and Promptus aren't surviving those purple electric ball things. Noctis can definitely hang though. The magitek shield I have equipped beefed up Noctis like crazy.

I literally took out the first two waves of monsters with just Noctis. I was getting tired of using items to heal everyone and was like, F it. I'll do this solo lmao.

Last edited:
Prompto was my weakest character.

Always dying first.
Gladiolus had the most HP so I just let him do his thing.

I never let Ignis die cuz he was there most of the time to power Noctis up.

Prompto is super weak. There should have been a way to keep him long distance only to keep him out of danger.

Party commands outside of Tech skills should have been in the game. Could have added some type of extra depth into the combat instead of just plowing every enemy with Noctis till you win.

Took a month for chapter 8, finished 9 in a day. 9 is a wild short chapter bruh. Even with the side quests. :lol:

The end of chapter 9 :wow:

Why couldn't more of the game be more like that?

I actually play the game for the story :lol:

I'm one of those guys who don't mind not touching the controller for twenty minutes at a time while I'm watching cut scenes unfold lol

I know other gamers just wanna play though

Last edited:
Took a month for chapter 8, finished 9 in a day. 9 is a wild short chapter bruh. Even with the side quests. :lol:

The end of chapter 9 :wow:

Why couldn't more of the game be more like that?

I actually play the game for the story :lol:

I'm one of those guys who don't mind not touching the controller for twenty minutes at a time while I'm watching cut scenes unfold lol

I know other gamers just wanna play though

This is me too. I love cutscenes.
I used to have different save files before I know a cut scene was about to happen so I could watch it over and over.

I watched this scene who knows how many times.

It's a shame they dialed back on it in FFXV. I wanted more.

The fact that they were relaxed with the cut scenes at the beginning of the game and suddenly ramp it up at the end of chapter 9 makes the game seem imbalanced. Idk if they thought they could get away with that because of the two movies or what.

I'm also a little sad that the next continent don't seem to be as explorable as Lucis was. Altissia is a beautiful city though. Took me a while to get my bearings until I started plowing through all its side quests.

I'm a little annoyed that now that the game has built up some momentum in Altissia that the strategy guide sends me back to Lucis to do these 6-7 light side quests that have opened up.

I don't mind doing these rescue/broken car quests I guess...but you couldn't have had me do it in the new continent?

I think since I'm back in Lucis, that I Midas well take another crack at costlemark tower again. Maybe I'm having a hard time because I'm using the wrong weapons and techniques.

I'm currently using enhance/piercer/tempest. Noctis has pretty much any weapon possible, but I mainly use durandai or Ultima blade. Gladio has hardedge. Prompto has calamity and Ignis I'm forgetting. Every character is level 63 but Noctis is by far the most resilient character. Less hp than Gladio but he can take a lot more hits before he goes down.

How do I fix this party? People keep recommending downhammer so I'm going to equip that. I'm also thinking about using overwhelm instead..

Last edited:
Why? I haven't bought FF yet because I'm working through mgs right now but I think the cur scenes are dope.

This game was obviously cut super short, I'm looking at my ascension grid and I'm nowhere on it. No 100% on any of the grids, two are untouched, 999AP break damage skills are gonna take forever. It would take me a year to fill out this grid.

Last edited:
I agree that it seems that the game was cut super short. Just unfortunate to see this happen to a game in development for that long. Loads of potential with this game but not quite reaching it. I'm also noticing the trade off.

End game seems like it might be pretty linear but going to hit us with cut scene after cut scene while the beginning was open world with almost no significant cut scene at all.

Tale of two games to be honest. If they could've mixed both styles more seamlessly :wow:

Last edited:
The fact that they were relaxed with the cut scenes at the beginning of the game and suddenly ramp it up at the end of chapter 9 makes the game seem imbalanced. Idk if they thought they could get away with that because of the two movies or what.

I'm also a little sad that the next continent don't seem to be as explorable as Lucis was. Altissia is a beautiful city though. Took me a while to get my bearings until I started plowing through all its side quests.

I'm a little annoyed that now that the game has built up some momentum in Altissia that the strategy guide sends me back to Lucis to do these 6-7 light side quests that have opened up.

I don't mind doing these rescue/broken car quests I guess...but you couldn't have had me do it in the new continent?

I think since I'm back in Lucis, that I Midas well take another crack at costlemark tower again. Maybe I'm having a hard time because I'm using the wrong weapons and techniques.

I'm currently using enhance/piercer/tempest. Noctis has pretty much any weapon possible, but I mainly use durandai or Ultima blade. Gladio has hardedge. Prompto has calamity and Ignis I'm forgetting. Every character is level 63 but Noctis is by far the most resilient character. Less hp than Gladio but he can take a lot more hits before he goes down.

How do I fix this party? People keep recommending downhammer so I'm going to equip that. I'm also thinking about using overwhelm instead..

I wouldn't say that is a fault of the game if that's what the guide tells you to do.

I do agree with there not being enough cut-scenes. I remember people saying they preferred in game engines like Uncharted and I think SE took that as feedback. In engine scenes suit Uncharted but cut-scenes should always be a part of FF games.

Altissia definitely should have had more depth to it and Insomnia looked great from Kingsglaive so it was a shame not to be able to go into it.

The strategy guide tells me to go back to Lucis in chapter 10 because that's when those side quests are unlocked.

The Let Sleeping Mountains Lie quest was hilarious. I'm in there hacking away and not making a dent, only to realize after the fight that I wasn't supposed to be able to hurt the adamantamoise the first meeting.

Last edited:
I think what's responsible for the story's length is the traveling. Second half, they took out all the traveling so that's why it feels short. Lame.

I can't believe I can't explore Tenebrae -_______-

I'm glad I went back to Lucis. These level 7 hunts are exciting.

Last edited:
Also
How they just casually mention half the astral Gods have been defeated by the Empire.

In chapter 12 but back in Lucis doing every hunt available. Haven't used a hotel in days. Can I take all the exp I've gathered in Lucis and have it carry over to Past Altissia?

Or, will I need to use a hotel before I go to Past Altissia

*edit

Nvm. Dumb question. I'm sure the game wouldn't be so lame to not let my exp carry over when I travel that far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom