OFFICIAL: GAME 5 NBA FINALS LAKERS VS. CELTICS 6.13.10 8PM ET ABC

Kobe is worried getting into foul trouble~ you can see that. He only pays attention to his teamates rather to get shots in the first half.

I would like to Ariza back. 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

everybody quit *****ing and crying. game is over and done with. Lakers will take both games in LA. its do or die. that #%$!! kobe BETTER drive to the rim. what the ##@# is this *$%%% scared of???
Kobe the last n' you should be pointing the finger at.

or maybe you say that cause he's the only one capable of getting something done??
laugh.gif

Celtics should have this now. I'm hoping Ray gets his 3 ball going again so it's a blowout in game 6
pimp.gif

Smedroc wrote:

Celtics should have this now. I'm hoping Ray gets his 3 ball going again so it's a blowout in game 6
pimp.gif

i got a feeling that's inevitable, the part about ray getting his 3 ball going again. i also have a feeling that it's inevitable that guys not named kobe and fisher will step up and do something in game 6 as well. everyone on the team seems to play with effort and balls at home so hopefully that carries over to tuesday.

i wanna slap a few of my laker fan friends that i know around my way though.  dudes is talkin about lakers in 7. yeah i hope that's the case but all i'm worried about right now is the game that's going to be played at 6pm pst on tuesday june 15th

I initially thought the ball had hit the rim, but after watching the replay it doesn't seem like it did.

Again, Artest was just terrible.

that #%$!! kobe BETTER drive to the rim. what the ##@# is this *$%%% scared of???
He can't. The guy is a jump shooter at this point.

he can catch fire (like last night) but if I'm the C's, I live with those shots he was making. Tip your cap and keep playing, generally not gona last a whole game.

it is incredible how awful he is.

Credit to Pierce last night, he got to wherever he wanted last night and controlled things. extremely efficient night

I'm a Kings fan.

The ball didn't touch the rim. Not to mention the "aggressive" defense the Celtics get away with for the entire game and frailing around like little girls everytime there's contact.

Whenever I see Kobe lighting it up that is a bad sign for the Lakers. The rest of the team becomes spectators, I feel bad for him as much as I hate him.

Great defense last night, PP played really good.

I would be shocked if we lost 2 in a row.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

that #%$!! kobe BETTER drive to the rim. what the ##@# is this *$%%% scared of???
He can't. The guy is a jump shooter at this point.

he can catch fire (like last night) but if I'm the C's, I live with those shots he was making. Tip your cap and keep playing, generally not gona last a whole game.

it is incredible how awful he is.

Credit to Pierce last night, he got to wherever he wanted last night and controlled things. extremely efficient night

This. Bean is going to hit a good amount of those but you have to live with them and try to keep him off the line and make all of his points come from extremely difficult jump shots (he's shown the tendency to fall in love with them after he hits a few as well, even when they stop falling) and pray.

As far as Pierce/Artest... It took 5 games but he finally realized that he can kill Ron every time down and it was actually a pleasure to watch
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

Mark Jackson: That's not a foul thats a flop, he learned well from Fisher.
laugh.gif

I'm loving the fact that the commentators are ripping Fish to shreds. Play some got-damn D.
smh.gif

Look, don't get me wrong. The occasional flop here or there is ok I guess. But EVERY DAMN TIME? Get outta here.

Other observations:

- Why are you guys mad at Pau getting rubbed by TA? For one, TA has hops. For 2, Pau wasn't even expecting it. Anybody can get blocked from the back if they aren't expecting a defender to show up from damn near the 3 point line. That block was no different than LBJ's chase-downs.

- KG's 18 & 10 and 5 steals haven't really been mentioned. But he has looked more and more like the old KG and not an old KG.

- Speaking of looking old, Ron Ron looks to have aged by 5 seasons in this series. JVG's quote was golden: "Say Queensbridge now Ron! Say Queensbridge now!!"
laugh.gif

- You guys are killing Pau for everything. But if he has no help in the post (hai, Lamar Odom), of course he'll look like the 08 Pau Pau. Boston's bigs give him different looks and Doc rotates them well.

- As far as Snake goes, that 3rd Q shooting was impressive. But as one of the announcers (I think Wilbon) said last night... This isn't November. No need for him to try and do it all on his own. It's mind-boggling that EVERYONE - Laker fans in this thread, Magic Johnson on postgame, Doc Rivers in the huddle, etc - knows the book on Kobe: "Let him go off if he wants. Just shut everyone else down". Yet Kobe himself seems to love reverting back to the gunner that he naturally is.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by cruzair13

kobe needs to stop forcing,
he has to pass the damn ball,
if he finishes with 11 + assists, the lakers win.
everyone is open cuz he's creating double teams.
trust them kobe
Yep.

Originally Posted by cruzair13

This will be the game that will define Kobe's career.
If the lakers lose today, I do not think they can win both games in LA.
If the lakers win today, I like our chances.
If the lakers lose this series he should never be in consideration again with MJ, 3 lost finals is way too much.
and Magic Johnson will also get the edge, even though he was 5-4 in NBA finals, but he beat the Celtics twice,
two losses to the Celtics will not be good.
Didn't even know I was quoting the same person.... but YEP again.

I still think this is going 7 games, but I'm happy all this "Lakers are better by a wide margin" talk has ceased....

*and FWIW, Doc outcoaching Phil isn't anything new.

*Ron Artest needs to drop at least 20 pounds....

This is the thing....
Home Cooking means SOOOO much for the Lakers team...
Game 6 the Lakers will come out and play like they are suppose to.
Odom might have his best game of the series, Gasol will be closer to the 20 &10, the bench will play will.... and the refs will CHEAT!

Game 7, its a toss up.... but i expect Kobe to be a monster with everythign on the line, 1 game, i take Mamba over anybody else.

Lakers in 7

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by Essential1

didnt hit the rim.....

did you even watch the video?

It didn't hit rim, it changed spin because it grazed the padding that goes around the backboard

the ball changes its spin twice, the first time hitting the rim, then it hits the padding of the backboard

first off leave darth alone...that what he does its his way of "jinxing" the other team

some us Laker fans need to quit crying about the ball not hitting the rim cause it did...we got beat plain and simple...no one else showed up except for kobe i had flashes of 2008 for a bit last night

props to boston they played like the desperate and hungry team while we looked uninterested except for kobe

with that said i called 7 games

--Besides Kobe, this LA team doesnt have what it takes. They just dont.
--Pending Offseason Thread Tuesday night while the Celtics are crowned on the Staples Center floor.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Besides Kobe, this LA team doesnt have what it takes. They just dont.
--Pending Offseason Thread Tuesday night while the Celtics are crowned on the Staples Center floor.

DARTH!!!

I guess this who LA reverse jinx is working man
pimp.gif

I wish I would have thought about that tho....Because even when it doesn't work it works....

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

first off leave darth alone...that what he does its his way of "jinxing" the other team

some us Laker fans need to quit crying about the ball not hitting the rim cause it did...we got beat plain and simple...no one else showed up except for kobe i had flashes of 2008 for a bit last night

props to boston they played like the desperate and hungry team while we looked uninterested except for kobe

with that said i called 7 games

--People will start to learn how I do things around here.
wink.gif

--But we aren't winning this series my dude.
--Like I said. If they Lakers come back to actually win this thing, I wont be posting on S&T until New Years Day 2011.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Proof that defense wins championships.
--Congratulations to Boston and their fans on their 18th Championship. Y'all deserve it. I fully expect the C's to blow us out by 39 and dance on the Staples floor.
--Doc Rivers owns Phil Jackson. He knows how to exploit mismatches (ie Adelman and theKIngs) and Phil cant counter Docs defense.
--Pierce > Kobe. This was a career defining game for both. This is a team game Kobe and you didnt get your team going.

--This series is over. The C's have the muscle, the skill, the drive, the experience to knock these Lakers out on Tuesday.
--Not beating the Celtics > everything Kobe has ever accomplished. Anything positive you sayabout Kobe can now be countered with "but as a Laker he didnt beat the Celtics". And this saying is warranted.
U need to turn in your laker fan card

Son needs to do more than that, he needs his loyalty checked. Giving another team props is one thing, but dude just basically moved to massachussetts, purchased a home and hung a celtic banner from his porch and denounced all knowledge of a purple and gold team in los angeles. As if the facebook celtic 'fans' aren't enough, i come to NT and get this from Laker "fa--" (dude doesn't even deserve the whole word) Lakers had a bad game with a lot of mental mistakes. Boston had the same type of errors in games 1 and 3 but do you see celtic supporters buying Kobe jerseys? No. The series is NOT over. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

--Like I said. People still gotta learn how I roll around here.
--I pulled out all the stops with that post. Will it work? Maybe.

Observations of the series:

The Celtics are playing great D. A lot of yall are saying they're fouling, um, NO! They're playing aggressive, something LA is too soft to do.

The officiating has actually been pretty good since game 3. For the most part they are letting the teams decide the outcome instead of their whistles. I give props to Stern on this

Gasol should have never opened his mouth about Garnett, because he's been Garnett's +*#%! ever since. If you're going to flap yo jaws, you better have something to back it up.

Doc is outcoaching Phil. Rotations, adjustments, timeouts, intensity, Doc is winning it all

Bynum playing hurt is only hurting the Lakers. He plays good for a few minutes, but that's it

Kobe is pissed at his team for being so soft, you can see it on his face.

When Artest contract up he should retire because his game is gone

Allen is due for a big game

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

Mark Jackson: That's not a foul thats a flop, he learned well from Fisher.
laugh.gif

I'm loving the fact that the commentators are ripping Fish to shreds. Play some got-damn D.
smh.gif

Look, don't get me wrong. The occasional flop here or there is ok I guess. But EVERY DAMN TIME? Get outta here.

Other observations:

- Why are you guys mad at Pau getting rubbed by TA? For one, TA has hops. For 2, Pau wasn't even expecting it. Anybody can get blocked from the back if they aren't expecting a defender to show up from damn near the 3 point line. That block was no different than LBJ's chase-downs.

- KG's 18 & 10 and 5 steals haven't really been mentioned. But he has looked more and more like the old KG and not an old KG.
Yeah KG been big in the last two C's wins. He been making a lot of tough baskets (not them pussyclat fadeaway baseline jumpers he usually on...) and he been super active on D.

Why do people say Doc is outcoaching Phil? Doc simply has better options to work with.

Imagine yourself looking down your bench and having to pick between Farmar, Vujacic, Brown, Walton, or an injured Bynum
laugh.gif

I expect Kobe and Gasol to get to the FT line about 10 times each in Game 6. And I expect about 3 Celtics to be riddled with foul trouble.

Back
Top Bottom