OFFICIAL: GAME 5 NBA FINALS LAKERS VS. CELTICS 6.13.10 8PM ET ABC

lakers should have lost all 3 games in boston i really dont want to see the celtics win here in L.A.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Why do people say Doc is outcoaching Phil? Doc simply has better options to work with.

Imagine yourself looking down your bench and having to pick between Farmar, Vujacic, Brown, Walton, or an injured Bynum
laugh.gif

I expect Kobe and Gasol to get to the FT line about 10 times each in Game 6. And I expect about 3 Celtics to be riddled with foul trouble.

No, Doc IS outcoaching Phil.....He's making the right adjustments, and at times, there is no counter from Phil.  I didn't hear hardly any complaints about the Lakers bench when they were storming into the finals. 

The thing about the Celtics is that they play as a TEAM.  While their bench may not be the most talented group in the world, there isn't another bunch of guys who play with more heart/fire.  They want this.  Like I said before, I still think this is going to go 7 games.  However, I'll be curious to see which Laker team shows up on Wednesday.  We'll see the type of resolve they have since their backs are agasint the wall.  Best believe there is a lot of humble pie being served right now. 

Are some of yall wathcin the dam game ??

Kobe can rarely drive because Boston is sending over 2-3 guys anytime he goes near the paint.

Theyre totally disregarding the other lakers on the perimeter, and its working.

Yes Kobe last a step, but more than anything else its Boston scheme thats keeping him out the paint.

Look at the roster though. Doc has a way better bench just because of Nate and Big Baby. I hope Doc switches it up and puts Rondo and Nate on the court at the same time. 20+ for Nate, triple double for Rondo.

That's why I said in that other post I feel the majority of NBA teams aren't as good as they use to be. That '09 laker team wasn't that good and this Laker team isn't even better than that team.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Look at the roster though. Doc has a way better bench just because of Nate and Big Baby. I hope Doc switches it up and puts Rondo and Nate on the court at the same time. 20+ for Nate, triple double for Rondo.

That's why I said in that other post I feel the majority of NBA teams aren't as good as they use to be. That '09 laker team wasn't that good and this Laker team isn't even better than that team.
Nate was a damn afterthought until Rondo got hurt vs. the Magic....now he's an asset?  I'm not buying how people are saying the C's have a better bench because of Nate Robinson....The Celtics have a bunch of veterans and guys who play hungry who can come off the bench in just about any situation.  Nate is thriving right now because he's changed his game to fit what the Celtics want out of him. 

other then leaving Nate and Davis in for game 4 in the 4th QTR what has Doc done? 

You can look at game 4 as possibly the turning point of the whole series....but no, let's not give Doc any credit for that, or how he's making the other Lakers on the floor (not named Kobe) ineffective....

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Proof that defense wins championships.
--Congratulations to Boston and their fans on their 18th Championship. Y'all deserve it. I fully expect the C's to blow us out by 39 and dance on the Staples floor.
--Doc Rivers owns Phil Jackson. He knows how to exploit mismatches (ie Adelman and theKIngs) and Phil cant counter Docs defense.
--Pierce > Kobe. This was a career defining game for both. This is a team game Kobe and you didnt get your team going.

--This series is over. The C's have the muscle, the skill, the drive, the experience to knock these Lakers out on Tuesday.
--Not beating the Celtics > everything Kobe has ever accomplished. Anything positive you sayabout Kobe can now be countered with "but as a Laker he didnt beat the Celtics". And this saying is warranted.
U need to turn in your laker fan card

Son needs to do more than that, he needs his loyalty checked. Giving another team props is one thing, but dude just basically moved to massachussetts, purchased a home and hung a celtic banner from his porch and denounced all knowledge of a purple and gold team in los angeles. As if the facebook celtic 'fans' aren't enough, i come to NT and get this from Laker "fa--" (dude doesn't even deserve the whole word) Lakers had a bad game with a lot of mental mistakes. Boston had the same type of errors in games 1 and 3 but do you see celtic supporters buying Kobe jerseys? No. The series is NOT over. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Classic reverse jinx.

--Like I said. People still gotta learn how I roll around here.
--I pulled out all the stops with that post. Will it work? Maybe.
Is it wrong that a "Lakers hater" like me just laughs at your posts and some Lakers fans get all mad and demand your fan card?

Fair weather these days.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Nate was a damn afterthought until Rondo got hurt vs. the Magic....now he's an asset? 
Not to Doc when earlier in the playoffs he said Nate Robinson would win them a playoff game. If you wanna downplay his skill and talent go ahead, but Nate could easily be a solid 6th man for the Celts.
I'm not buying how people are saying the C's have a better bench because of Nate Robinson....The Celtics have a bunch of veterans and guys who play hungry who can come off the bench in just about any situation.  Nate is thriving right now because he's changed his game to fit what the Celtics want out of him.
Nate been doing the same *+*+ he been doing in NY with less playing time. Driving to the hole and shooting ill advised 3s that go in. That's his game. Only time he pass is cuz he just trying to get open so they can pass it back to him. He'll hit the open guy once a game depending on playing time. Furthermore, Nate does make the Celts bench better. If you admit he's thriving cuz he's doing what they want how could he not be an asset? That don't even make sense. Why you acting like they got anybody else that could give Rondo a rest when he plays 3 quarters straight with no breaks? The Lakers aint got nobody on their bench on his level, what burst of energy they got? Not to mention aint nobody on that team could guard him without ignoring Ray or Paul.

Seems to me what the Lakers should do is hand check and illegally screen defenders just like Boston. To me it's the Lakers fault for bailing out the refs. You have to force the issue and make them call an even game.

Ron isn't making PP uncomfortable and just letting him get to his spot. I think he did a better job the first 3 games of the series. The only thing that is different from then to now is Ron is giving him space and not pestering him on the defense. Above all else got to make him uncomfortable.

Celtics are doing a good job pestering Kobe on the defense with hand checks (which if the refs allow then they allow and Lakers need to take advantage of it too). Allen is able to hand check Kobe on the hip pretty much every possession and make him work for every shot.

When Kobe was going off they were not collectively getting stops on the defensive end. Allowing way too many lay-ups and why were layups being given to Rondo??? The guy shoots 0% from the FT line.

The Celtics have definitely surprised me but the biggest difference in this series has been that they have been playing aggressive defensively the whole series. The refs were calling the fouls the first 3 games and then swallowed their whistles for the last couple. The Lakers have not recognized this and adjusted to play aggressive back.

I give credit to Boston for not changing the way they attack the game.

The Lakers have not figured out (I cannot understand why) that they aren't going to be able to run the triangle like they normally do. The reason is they are doubling the post pass, not allowing it to go in. When this happens they get stuck trying to figure out what they are going to do for offense, so they generally pass the ball to Kobe with about 7 seconds left on the shot clock and ask him to do something with it. This is not a good possession. They must recognize the side they are doubling on and get the ball to the weak side for IMMEDIATE penetration to the hoop. This will open up lanes for passes to big men in the middle or open layups if they don't commit. They were doing this games 1-3 but have for some reason stopped. I believe for the Lakers to win they must make Kobe the play maker, not always having to score but he must get into the paint for easier opportunities make or miss, the ball must be in the paint for us to win. This will allow for more rebounds closer to the basket and less long rebounds, in turn allowing less fast break opportunities for the Celtics.

Again credit the Celtics for not allowing them to get into their offense.

On a side note, just wondering if people are seeing the same thing I am when watching the Celtics run pick and rolls and Ray running off screens...(had to throw that in there to take a bit away from the Celtics because believe it or not they are getting a bit of help). I fully expect a game 7 because I think the refs will make sure of it and then anything can happen from there.

At the end of the day, both of these teams know what each other are going to do. No one is outsmarting each other here.

What adjustments can Phil Jackson really make? Do you really want Walton in the game over Artest to guard Pierce?

If the Lakers starters can't outplay the Celtics bench in Game 4 then that's not on Phil.

But there hasn't been some significant mark that Doc Rivers has left on this series exactly.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Nate was a damn afterthought until Rondo got hurt vs. the Magic....now he's an asset? 
Not to Doc when earlier in the playoffs he said Nate Robinson would win them a playoff game. If you wanna downplay his skill and talent go ahead, but Nate could easily be a solid 6th man for the Celts.
I'm not buying how people are saying the C's have a better bench because of Nate Robinson....The Celtics have a bunch of veterans and guys who play hungry who can come off the bench in just about any situation.  Nate is thriving right now because he's changed his game to fit what the Celtics want out of him.
Nate been doing the same *+*+ he been doing in NY with less playing time. Driving to the hole and shooting ill advised 3s that go in. That's his game. Only time he pass is cuz he just trying to get open so they can pass it back to him. He'll hit the open guy once a game depending on playing time. Furthermore, Nate does make the Celts bench better. If you admit he's thriving cuz he's doing what they want how could he not be an asset? That don't even make sense. Why you acting like they got anybody else that could give Rondo a rest when he plays 3 quarters straight with no breaks? The Lakers aint got nobody on their bench on his level, what burst of energy they got? Not to mention aint nobody on that team could guard him without ignoring Ray or Paul.

How are you even going to suggest that Nate is doing the same +*+$, when you have guys on the C's saying that the trade was more than beneficial for Robinson?  1/2 the +*+$ he pulled in NY wouldn't fly in NY because you know KG, Pierce, and Ray would be all over his #!!.  He makes the Celtics bench better because we all know he can drop 20 in a blink of an eye.  However, to say he is an important asset to their bench is a bit premature because he hadn't proved his worth until Rondo went down. 

And I'm sorry....but if you've got guys with playoff and FINALS experience, you've got an edge over Nate Robinson.  Talent-wise (on the bench), it's about a push.  When the skill is equal, it's the other intanigbles and the "want" that will give a team an advantage. 

But there hasn't been some significant mark that Doc Rivers has left on this series exactly.

If the C's close this out in 6, you can look at the adjustments Rivers made in game 4 as a turning point. 

What adjustments can Phil Jackson really make?
pound it inside, constantly.. Kobe's their best offensive player, but it's not the best match up this series for the team.

Yes, I know Pau/Bynum have to actually demand the ball as well, but that is where the Lakers advantage is.

Dudes really talking about Nate?

Double is right, dude was a damn afterthought for the longest time.

On the flipside, you have Shannon Brown, everybody hyping up, with websites and such. How he should get more PT than Fisher, etc.

And really, the Lakers bench was no issue until they got down 2 to 3.

'C'mon son'

^^Doc is a good coach.

But was it that hard to see that Baby & Nate were feasting ?

90% of coaches wouldve left those guys in, just as he did.

Again i think hes coaching well, but when 2 bench guys go off you cant automatically say he made the adjustment.

And as noted during the telecast, Doc is employing the high pick and roll with Pierce, because Artest is having trouble with the screens. PP has gone off the last two games. To the point where Kobe motioned to Phil during a TO for him to guard PP. Instead, Phil stuck with Artest.

And as noted during the telecast, Doc is employing the high pick and roll with Pierce, because Artest is having trouble with the screens. PP has gone off the last two games. To the point where Kobe motioned to Phil during a TO for him to guard PP. Instead, Phil stuck with Artest.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Is it wrong that a "Lakers hater" like me just laughs at your posts and some Lakers fans get all mad and demand your fan card?

Fair weather these days.

--I dont have to prove my loyalty to anyone on here. Whoever knows me, knows me. Thats it.
--Happy to entertain you homes.

Fair weather these days.

--I dont have to prove my loyalty to anyone on here. Whoever knows me, knows me. Thats it.
It's true, you don't need to prove anything to anyone.

However, it's really pathetic to see a person ride high on wins and then completely kill their team and, apparently, their recent past success (seriously, an asterisk on last year's title?), when it doesn't go their way. After everything is said and done, the Lakers STILL have a chance to come back, but you choose to cower and admit defeat because the pain of hoping for more is something you're afraid to bear.

I think that's what other people, and myself, are reacting to the most.

Fair weather these days.

listen...darth is one of the legit Laker fans out here

dont confuse his negativity with fairweather

his pessimism is his optimism

^
--Understandable. But I dont even "ride high" on wins. I might have a smoking hat here or there but I dont go around parading in the hater thread or anything.
--So I'm pretty low key when we win, I actually post more when we lose.

--Some people are the other way around. Their team loses they are no where to be found. Not just on NT but out here in the "real world".

I disagree that there are no adjustments to be made. You have to do something other than what has NOT been working. If you continue to do the same thing that you have done since in Boston, the series is over. There are adjustments that can be made and I believe that they will be made. They just need to go back to being a post/drive to the cup team. Got to stop with the jumpers, THEY ARE NOT A LONG RANGE JUMP SHOOTING TEAM! I am sure anyone who follows the Lakers knows this.

We are at a huge disadvantage when we have to shoot the jumpers. If they are going to double the post entry before the ball gets there QUICKLY swing the ball to the other side and get penetration. YOU HAVE TO DO THIS or else the Celtics will just continue to double the post. At the very least you will draw a foul and get to the line (where I know we shot terrible last game, the reason was the whole team was tired because the Celtics make you work).

I don't want to hear excuses from the players about why they aren't able to perform, FIND A WAY! I don't care if the refs suck or you can't get a call, Kobe doesn't go to the post game talking about how they hand check him every damn time he gets the ball. He just mans up and goes at em! He may complain during the game, and rightfully so, but I want to see some other players on this team that want to win it!

yall really believe lakers gonna win 2 games straight smfh its over, its gonna be done tuesday night so hang up your hopes till next year cause captain save em can't do it by himself.

Originally Posted by franchise3

And really, the Lakers bench was no issue until they got down 2 to 3.

'C'mon son'
The bench has been weak all season long, theyve just been winning despite the lack of bench support.......Besides LO

In the Pheonix & Oklahoma series our bench was suspect.....Flashes here or there but nothing consistent.

Back
Top Bottom