OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mitchellicious

Are you saying Ned is not the father? Word to Maury.

Right now I think Ned, Robert and Rhaygar (sp) are the three possible fathers.

My three scenarios are that...

1) Ned and his sister got it on

2) Robert impregnated her, never knew about it and Ned claimed the child as his own without Robert knowing because he knew that if Robert had a child out of wedlock and became the King, it wouldn't look good on his résumé

3) Rhaygar impregnated Lyanna during one of the countless times he raped her

Either way, it explains why Ned is so reluctant to talk about it and brushes Catelyn off whenever she asks about it.

Right now I'm leaning towards scenario 1, just because of the descriptions of Jon looking more like a Stark than any of the other children. He would have the strongest genes of any of the kids, and I believe that Ned tells Cat "He is a true born Stark and that's all you need to know" or something to that effect. I just can't see how Ned Stark, supposedly the most honorable man in the realm, would lie with his own sister though, but strange things happen during war in Westeros.

It also may be why Ned is so disgusted with Cersei and Jamie because he was so ashamed with himself and his past transgressions.

One thing I don't get though is why was Lyanna with her father and brothers at war and away from Winterfell when a Stark must always remain there? Or had Benjen not joined the Night's Watch at that time?

So many questions! I pray to the old gods that they make a prequel tv/comic/book series to expand the universe.

Anyway, that's my two cents

BTW, I'm only 150 pages through book 1 :lol: so if any of this becomes clearer down the track, please don't spoil it before I readit

[\spoiler]
The book doesnt really go into this subject anymore (probably saving the reveal for the last book) So you're good on spoilers :lol:

But man, if that last book drops and it was revealed that Jon was the son of Ned and Lyanna, i'm tossing that book out the window. **** I'll probably jump out the window not long after that too, i'd be so mad :lol: I can't imagine honorable Ned Stark ever doin some **** like that.

Dont think Robert could be the father either because the sucka was madly in love with her and was probably trying to wait for the wedding night that never came :smh:

It leaves only Rhaegar as the daddy :nerd:
Think about it. A song of ICE and FIRE.

ICE+FIRE

Makes too much sense.

Last edited:
watched ep 9 with my girl, her first time seeing the series and told me she's not gonna watch it again :rofl:

probably a bad ep to introduce her into the series but i wanted to see her reaction since it was already a month after the ep aired.

Yo... anyone seen the episode where Tracy Morgan & J.B Smoove is doing commentry? :rofl:

^ yo u have to, had to watch again... wish they commented on more episodes tho. @ tracy rewinding every time there is a boobie scene :lol:

:lol:

Sophie Turner and Maisie Willis star in each other's Vines
http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/07/so...f-thrones-engage-in-an-adorable-vinceception/

And..

How George R.R. Martin envisioned the Iron Throne
View media item 489055
That's the Iron Throne as painted by the amazing Marc Simonetti (and if you haven't gotten his 2013 Ice & Fire calendar, better hurry, the year's half over) for the upcoming concordance, THE WORLD OF ICE & FIRE. It's a rough, not a final version, so what you see in the book will be more polished. But Marc has come closer here to capturing the Iron Throne as I picture it than any other artist to tackle it. From now on, THIS will be the reference I give to every other artist tackling a throne room scene. This Iron Throne is massive. Ugly. Assymetric. It's a throne made by blacksmiths hammering together half-melted, broken, twisted swords, wrenched from the hands of dead men or yielded up by defeated foes... a symbol of conquest... it has the steps I describe, and the height. From on top, the king dominates the throne room. And there are thousands of swords in it, not just a few.

This Iron Throne is scary. And not at all a comfortable seat, just as Aegon intended.

Mitchellicious
Are you saying Ned is not the father? Word to Maury.

Right now I think Ned, Robert and Rhaygar (sp) are the three possible fathers.

My three scenarios are that...

1) Ned and his sister got it on

2) Robert impregnated her, never knew about it and Ned claimed the child as his own without Robert knowing because he knew that if Robert had a child out of wedlock and became the King, it wouldn't look good on his résumé

3) Rhaygar impregnated Lyanna during one of the countless times he raped her

Either way, it explains why Ned is so reluctant to talk about it and brushes Catelyn off whenever she asks about it.

Right now I'm leaning towards scenario 1, just because of the descriptions of Jon looking more like a Stark than any of the other children. He would have the strongest genes of any of the kids, and I believe that Ned tells Cat "He is a true born Stark and that's all you need to know" or something to that effect. I just can't see how Ned Stark, supposedly the most honorable man in the realm, would lie with his own sister though, but strange things happen during war in Westeros.

It also may be why Ned is so disgusted with Cersei and Jamie because he was so ashamed with himself and his past transgressions.

One thing I don't get though is why was Lyanna with her father and brothers at war and away from Winterfell when a Stark must always remain there? Or had Benjen not joined the Night's Watch at that time?

So many questions! I pray to the old gods that they make a prequel tv/comic/book series to expand the universe.

Anyway, that's my two cents

BTW, I'm only 150 pages through book 1
laugh.gif
so if any of this becomes clearer down the track, please don't spoil it before I readit

[\spoiler]
The book doesnt really go into this subject anymore (probably saving the reveal for the last book) So you're good on spoilers
laugh.gif

But man, if that last book drops and it was revealed that Jon was the son of Ned and Lyanna, i'm tossing that book out the window. **** I'll probably jump out the window not long after that too, i'd be so mad
laugh.gif
I can't imagine honorable Ned Stark ever doin some **** like that.

Dont think Robert could be the father either because the sucka was madly in love with her and was probably trying to wait for the wedding night that never came
mean.gif

It leaves only Rhaegar as the daddy
nerd.gif
Think about it. A song of ICE and FIRE.

ICE+FIRE

Makes too much sense.
Didn't read, but i can tell what you're insinuating, but at this point RR Martin probably doesn't know what he had planned.  I mean we read taht he forgot about what happened at the red wedding, and that he doesnt read teh scripts they give him due to spoilers  
laugh.gif

I just want him to complete the book series w/o any outside influence (including the tv show), the way he intended the series to be

Didn't read, but i can tell what you're insinuating, but at this point RR Martin probably doesn't know what he had planned.  I mean we read taht he forgot about what happened at the red wedding, and that he doesnt read teh scripts they give him due to spoilers 
laugh.gif

I just want him to complete the book series w/o any outside influence (including the tv show), the way he intended the series to be

He's stated multiple times that nothing influences his writing. He had the overall story arc since writing his first book and hasn't changed how it will finish.

Because I'm bored...

Did you know dire wolves were a real thing? Like they used to really exist.

[h3]6. Canis Diris, the Dire Wolf[/h3]
George C. Page Museum

Next to the gigantic Andrewsarchus (see above), Canis diris  was a relative lightweight, only about as heavy as a full-grown human. However, this much later Pleistocene predator was the biggest prehistoric dog that ever lived, outweighing the modern wolves to which it was immediately ancestral. Unlike modern wolves, though, the Dire Wolf had an uncommonly small brain, and there's speculation that (like Andrewsarchus) it may have scavenged prey like a hyena rather than killing it on the fly, like, well, a wolf. By the way, the remains of Canis diris  have been found alongside those of Smilodon in the La Brea Tar Pits of Los Angeles! Read more about the  Dire Wolf

Last edited:
I just watched all the seasons of the show its great

Its sad the starks gettin done in so bad smh ned,rob

I am sure that the girl with the dragons will end up takin over next season and hopefully mid season instead of the finale

laugh.gif

that was from theonion.com

meaning it's fake

Back
Top Bottom