OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
876FFF4F-71EA-4AB9-9FAC-7D97E8044D55.jpeg
amc-popcorn.gif

If Val the wildling princess is a character and she shows her goods then maybe.
Was hoping that her and Arianne Martell would appear just to see who they would cast for the roles. Although a wildling Val was suppose to be the best looking chick in the book.

This looks promising at least based in the fact that these show runners respect the source material and won't deviate from it just for the sake of deviating from it.
rhetorical question but the new character are basically Daenerys Targaryen great great great great grand parents? lol

These are Dany's ancestors.

The Targaryens are loosely based on the Norman Conquerors of Anglo-Saxon England. Anglo-Saxon England had once had its own Seven Kingdoms although by the time of the Norman conquest, England was unified under one Crown unlike Westeros on the eve of the Targaryen Conquest. The Targaryen Conquest was similar to the Norman invasion in that invaders came from across a narrow Sea (the English Channel) and took over a Kingdom.

The Targaryens are also like the Normans in that they had a link to the Classical World-the Normans had a deeper cultural connection to the Romans than did the Anglo-Saxons due to the fact that they spoke a Romance Language and were technically vassals of one of the claimed successors of Ancient Rome-and the Targaryens are from Old Valyria which is analogous to ancient Rome.

The Events of "A Song of Ice and Fire" (or the Game of Thrones TV Show) are very loosely based on the Wars of the Roses while the Dance of the Dragons is very loosely based on the events in 12th Century England known as The Anarchy or the "Ship Wreck." In the case of the former, central authority and legitimacy have broken down and the Kingdom will be taken over by the strongest Nobleman, Noble woman or whatever clique of claimants are left standing. In the case of the latter, the crown still has serious legitimacy and it is up to the one of two camps to claim it. One camp built around a powerful female heiress, endorsed by the recently deceased King, and the other around a weaker male heir, who has tradition and powerful nobles on his side.

----

Please forgive me if you already know the Historical parallels, I have been getting asked about it recently IRL so I figured that I might as well put it down here.

Back
Top Bottom