OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Techinally isnt he 100% percent lannister
Yeah, he was just saying it cause he thought he was admitting he was 100%. But in Joffrey's head he is only 1/2, and there's no way he or anyone in his family would admit to him being inbred and not a Baratheon, because then he wouldn't be "rightful" heir.

Thread is getting hot. Non-readers should be careful.

I try not to post in here as much with the novel thread. But the differences are still worth discussion. Last ep? Racks on racks on racks. The Gendry twist was pretty good and made tons of sense.

King Joffrey referring to himself as a Lannister doe? 
He is though. Even though he thinks he is half Baratheon and half Lannister, he'd still consider's himself as a Lannister(even though he doesn't know he is 100%).

i also thought this was weird.

i mean, wouldnt it be weird if Robb spoke of himself as a Tully?

You dudes stay over analyzing everything.

He only did it to rub it in Sansa's face that she's "lucky" to finally marry a Lannister - her family is at war with the Lannisters not the Baratheons.

when sam's sword shattered from the white walker, those effects looked like they were from the SyFy channel, 
sick.gif
 what was that?

when sam's sword shattered from the white walker, those effects looked like they were from the SyFy channel, 
sick.gif

what was that?
From the jump I haven't been impressed with the cgi for this show. Watching the first season a few months ago when I did not know anything about the series or the books it was only until the final eps when I realized this was going to go hard in to the fantasy.

Them dragons showing up just had me like :rolleyes but I adjusted. Nothing about it gets me hype though. So when I saw the sword shatter and then the walker shatter like glass and then it's remains just kinda disappeared on the ground I ignored it. End of the day it'd cost too much money to make this stuff look more realistic.

I don't know why they didn't just let the sword break in half or freeze over with a bunch of frost on it though.
^samwell. and it is believed that he has multiple blades. guess we'll find out soon enough.

Awww forgot about that.
Yeah there was more than one when they found it and some other stuff with it.

Last edited:
Yo did that clown Piggy (name?) really leave the white walker-kryptonite shank on the ground?

Love when these creatures end episodes :lol: , second time this has happened in the series IIRC.

Forgot to mention, Khaleesi was looking GOOD two episodes ago when she was talking to the guy offering her ships for backing out of the war (forgot his name). She's too bad :pimp:

Last edited:
The cost of this show must be pretty high considering the many locations, huge cast, and use of CGI. So you might get some subpar moments here and there, but when you get dragon fire onto a city or the battle of Blackwater last season, you can see where the money goes.

they spent all the money on the dragons.

hence no battles to this point and no dire wolves and slightly less impressive white walker action.

i wanna see my boy ghost :frown:

Last edited:
they spent all the money on the dragons.

hence no battles to this point and no dire wolves and slightly less impressive white walker action.

i wanna see my boy ghost :frown:

Ghost is nowhere to be found at this point in the books right now...

The budget is reportedly 70 million for all 10 episodes and each episode this year has a longer run-time. I think they've done a great job with the CG/sets/cast this season. It's not like they're able to employ WETA to do their digital work.

Last edited:
Considering the size of the cast, the many locations, and the fact that so much of the show is CG (any big building or castle is definitely CG), I don't have many complaints.

I heard they are trying to end the show in 7 seasons

So i can see people leaving the show, id be ripped if they casted someone to replace khaleesi like they replaced vivian on fresh prince

Every time I watch a GOT episode, I'm more and more convinced that Joffery has the most punchable face ever.

White walkers look good for the most part. But they need to stop holding out and show more direwolves.
Well the white walkers are just costume and make-up for the most part. It's just that part when the way it died this past ep. Felt like something out of Once Upon A Time.
I mean, what other T.V. show has better CG right now?

dragons are looking pretty good

Angry_Drogon_s3e7.jpg
The dragons have gotten better this season but when they debuted end of S1 and most of S2 I felt they didn't have enough in the budget to make em look anymore real so I never really harped on it since there's many better things about the show.

Every time I watch a GOT episode, I'm more and more convinced that Joffery has the most punchable face ever.
joffrey's only 3rd on my list of most hated TV characters. I would legit feel tempted to run over ziggy from the 2nd season of The Wire and the fruity rapist boy from Spartacus.

Back
Top Bottom