OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This doesn't talk about how present Hodor started saying Hodor though.

Timeline A: Bran greensees into the past (timeline B). Does some joint warging with timeline A Hodor and timeline B Hodor., causing timeline-B Hodor to start saying that.

Timeline B (GoT show timeline): Hodor grows up meets Bran. **** happens and they end up with the 3ER. Bran greensees into timeline C. Does his thing with Timeline B Hodor and Timeline C Hodor

Timeline C: repeat

Everything just loops. Same applies to Timeline A - n. This is based on the casual loop paradox.
Where are you getting timeline C from?

The first instance of Hodor saying Hodor was in the Winterfell courtyard when Bran warged into present and past Hodor across time. That caused a ripple from that moment until Hodor's death. I imagine the seizure is Hodor's body reacting to being warged into across time and the seizure will most likely end once Bran wargs out of Hodor but it will leave it's mark because from that moment until Hodor's death, he will no longer be able to speak like a normal human being. Normal humans interpret time in a linear way, greenseeing wargs (with the aid of the Weirwood tree), interpret time however they want. They have the ability to handle that higher form of consciousness. A normal human being doesn't have that ability and when it's put on them, it screws up their mind. From that moment in the courtyard until his death, Hodor was basically experiencing a glitch in his perception of time and space which led to his inability to speak like a normal person.

So was Young Wyllis' seizure necessary for Bran to be able to warg into Hodor? Since it rendered him a simpleton?

I am happy to not think about it too much.

I just want to add that it reminds me a little of LOTR, where sauron would show up whenever someone put the ring on. Somehow it's similar when Bran went into the past, only certain WW can see him and are attracted to him because they're all made from the same magic.

The seizure was the result of it, maybe as much of hodor seeing the future (well, in an abstract sense) as it was bran changing the past.

Last edited:
I think the seizure was Hodor's younger body reacting to astral Bran warging into him in the past and present. That's why when Bran first sees Hodor in the past, nothing happens to Hodor. The 2nd time Bran sees Hodor in the past, he wargs. Bran is both at the Weirwood in physical form and at Winterfell with younger Hodor in astral form. But when Bran wargs, he wargs in the past and the present and disrupts Hodor completely. It creates a space time opening that probably allows Hodor to glimpse into the future, which is why he keeps repeating Meera's "Hold The Door!" chant. But because Hodor is a normal human being, he's incapable of interpreting that event without it harming him in some way.

Was he a simpleton? Might've just seemed that way because he was only able to communicate by saying one word.

Don't know how I feel about this time travel revelation last episode. I've voiced my concerns that time travel might kill the show kind of like it killed Lost. But I'm more intrigued than ever. I don't think GoT can ever jump the shark.
Time travel did not kill LOST at all. S5 was cool, everything that happened was suppose to happen and other than the stuff with Ben it didn't change the future. Same with Desmond trying to change the past.

I think y'all should wait before being so concerned given what Bran did was contained to telling a sad story about Wylis is becoming Hodor.

i wonder if dude on that forum/reddit who made the Hold the Door prediction actually guess right or if HBO writers scoured the net and stole it.

I can't tell the difference anymore between details I missed upon first viewing that seemed unimportant (but now matter)

and spoilers being talked about by book-readers or people assuming the dots/history of this fake civilization is so easily picked up on on a platform like a TV show. The depth of a book and breadth of a television show create contextual gaps that we fill ourselves.

These little blue creatures that apparently initiated the main, confounding problems affecting all parts of the GOT world were apparently characters spotted throughout the TV shows previous four/five seasons at various points, but I didn't weigh these brief encounters when they were on my screen as significant until just this last episode with the reveals, so the line blurs within that - and just overall, between details that have only recently become relevant and details that I'm thinking are minor details from prior seasons recently emerging as having significance but in reality they are really spoilers. If I don't know the difference then I guess it's basically an accidental filtering system through an overload of info to this point but who even knows.

Last edited:
at this point I don't care what the hodor warging thing is as long as they explain it.

I hate when shows or movies leave it up for interpretation.

nah. finish your job and give us all the answers b

I think y'all should wait before being so concerned given what Bran did was contained to telling a sad story about Wylis is becoming Hodor.

This.

Does time travel/projection open up a lot of crazy possibilities? Yes. Does it mean any of those possibilities will be actualized in the show? Not at all.

Could have Summer take out like 4-5 of them at least 
mean.gif

Could have Summer take out like 4-5 of them at least :smh:

I was thinking the same. It reminded me of somebody who jumps into a raging river heroically, just to get swept down the river and out of site. I would have preferred summer to at least mess some of the dudes before just getting lit up.

Back
Top Bottom