Official "Going to Vegas in..." Vol. II "It was time"

Did Vegas on NYE in 2012 and would consider doing it again. Actually friends are discussing this right now for this NYE.

The only thing I didn't like was the cold and overpriced/overpacked clubs.

Other than that it's still the greatness of Vegas.

What's the best clubs for NYE?

And are they so packed that you can't even enjoy yourself?

Last edited:
What's the best clubs for NYE?

XS, Omnia are considered to be the best now.

And are they so packed that you can't even enjoy yourself?

We went to XS got tickets for inside and it was so packed because the outside is freezing and everyone trying to stay indoors. They sell outside only tickets too, which I would not recommend. Table prices were 3x the normal rate and even people at their tables were cramped.

You can enjoy yourself, but be prepared to not get on the dancefloor or even walk thru it around 11:45-1.

I told my people that we need to go to the clubs hella early to secure somewhat of a decent location inside the club. I'd rather be inside for the countdown than outside on the strip.

I told my people that we need to go to the clubs hella early to secure somewhat of a decent location inside the club. I'd rather be inside for the countdown than outside on the strip.

Even that doesn't help much. Once it gets packed security likes to keep people moving through all walkways.

Vegas for New Year's Eve. Good idea or bad idea? Never been. What do I need to know NT?

Been twice for NYE. It's crowded. Make sure you have a definite plan or you could get stuck somewhere. It's fun though. I'd visit again during that time.

Do they essentially kick you out the club subtly? 

No. They just tell people to move it along if things bunch up. I haven't been to every club in Vegas obviously, but at XS, it bottle necks like crazy at the south bar. There are back wall tables and the small tables on the other side of the walkway (the lame ones that face away from the dance floor) with very little room to walk in between. It doesn't even have to be very busy for that spot to completely stop moving. Security watching those tables will tell people to get out of the way.

Also, this reminds me: don't get a table there lol. I haven't, but I've walked through there enough to know better.

The strip is better for the countdown IMO

Going with the boys Halloween weekend.
What should I expect? haven't been in over 10 years

Last edited:
10 years damn son. You in for a big change of scenery. Expect high prices :x and girls with less clothing than usual 8) :smokin

10 years damn son. You in for a big change of scenery. Expect high prices :x and girls with less clothing than usual 8) :smokin

Vegas has really changed a lot.

My first trip was in 2006. Pure was THE club. No pool parties. Hip hop was the music of choice, the term EDM didn't exist out there.

I miss the hip hop at big clubs the most but they did play a decent amount of XS this past Saturday.

The rise of the pool party is the change I enjoy the most.

I don't think it was long after 06 that EDM was the norm in Vegas. I recall first starting to go out there around 06, 07 or 08 and all it was was that Katy Perry/EDM stuff 
laugh.gif

I don't think it was long after 06 that EDM was the norm in Vegas. I recall first starting to go out there around 06, 07 or 08 and all it was was that Katy Perry/EDM stuff :lol:

Vegas was in full mashup mode until at least 2010. It didn't really take off in Vegas until late 2010/early 2011. Once EDC moved to Vegas, it was game on.

I don't think it was long after 06 that EDM was the norm in Vegas. I recall first starting to go out there around 06, 07 or 08 and all it was was that Katy Perry/EDM stuff :lol:

EDM didn't really start until XS opened. Pure and Tao played more of a mix.

The EDM DJ arms race didn't really start until XS got competition with Marquee opening. Before that XS played more of everything

I really don't have a good story, but I was in Vegas last week. I went to "The Bank". 95% of the music they played was hip hop. That's the place you have to go if you want to escape that EDM crap.

Yeah I'm not to heavy into the club scene and so I more than likely I won't hit one up especially if prices and wait times are astronomical.
I feel hella old saying that :lol:

In there tomorrow!

XS tomorrow night for Diplo
Sunday Industry night for Wyclef at TAO with my boss

Trying to convince him to buy me bottles at XS for Diplo since I, "Gave up my weekend for work."

Bahahaha

More or less a solo journey, wish me luck boys!

I really don't have a good story, but I was in Vegas last week. I went to "The Bank". 95% of the music they played was hip hop. That's the place you have to go if you want to escape that EDM crap.

Note to everyone: XS isn't as EDM heavy as people believe. Mondays are just trap and straight up hip-hop sometimes. Also, now that Tryst is shutting down, they're moving all the DJs to XS, and none of those Tryst DJs are EDM DJs. Look at the calendar. You can find something suitable to your liking.

There are plenty of options

1OAK is my favorite open format club

Hey guys first of all I want to thank everybody for pointing an east coast god in the right direction for a first time trip in vegas...especially page 1. Set me up for Good times all around.

Let me preface this by stating that I was in Vegas from Tues-Mon Oct 20-26.

First 3 1/2 days we stayed at Wyndham Grand Dessert, just about a half mile off the strip and had a rental car.

Last 3 days were stayed at the Venetian, no rental so essentially either walked or ubered everywhere from there. Venentian is closer to Wynn and Fashion Show Mall towards the top or north end of the strip (quickly became acquainted with the vegas layout and how important location is and how walking distances are longer than it looks on a map). Weather was nice and it wasn't too hot to walk or be outside at all.

Club/Bar Summary:

Tues-Went to Hyde at Bellagio, music was so so and crowd was decent but not great.
Weds-Gambled and did happy hour at Blue Martini like 15 mins off strip
Thurs- Bottle Service at Tryst at the Wynn (definitely opened my eyes to the difference between GA and Bottles in Vegas, reminded me of difference in Mia as well) music was great too, mostly hip hop and solid females
Fri-Marquee at Cosmopolitan, outside music was really good and crowd was solid.
Sat- Tao Beach Pool Party during day and Bank at Bellagio at night, music was really good, just the crowd wasn't at all... worst choice of the week when it comes to crowd.
Sun-Drais at Cromwell (Naughty by Nature performed) music was on point...hip hop

Of course I'm paraphrasing quite a bit but Vegas is easy to meet folks and have a good time on the strip. I think we met girls from 3 or 4 diff continents. One thing that opened my eyes were the amount of "women at work"... never realized how casual it was out there and the offers we were given kind of caught me off guard...I'm not used to paying for play if you know what I mean so I couldn't go that route...Also, the taxi/uber drivers say some funny stuff, kept up entertained for sure. I think overall I give the trip a solid 8.5/10. Only thing I think could have made it better was if I had planned to spend a tad more on Bottles at the clubs at least one more day. Other than that Vegas was just about everything I could have asked for this past week/weekend. Oh yeah and maybe i was just that lit but all the food i had was good and we never even did fine dining, the pubs and small restaurants all had solid food.

Thanks again gents

There's nothing like walking into XS with a group of 5 girls, going straight to the dance floor and making out with the hottest one of the group.

Every summer ages 8-14 I would go with my parents and aunt/uncle and cousins the week before school started back up. MGM only :pimp:

I need to get back there as an adult already.

There's nothing like walking into XS with a group of 5 girls, going straight to the dance floor and making out with the hottest one of the group.

View media item 1766161

Back
Top Bottom