Official HBO's The Newsroom Thread Vol: Season 3

:lol: Son is talking the show is solely fictional and doesn't incorporate real life news. As long as the world keeps spinning they can't make more and more seasons.

The main reason they even had the whole wedding proposal and quick closure to character story lines was cuz they weren't sure they'd have a 3rd season.

Yes there's always going to be news to "recap" and give a hindsight know it all look at. Sure there's more real life story to tell but form a character development standpoint what more are we honestly going to get out of these next 6 episodes.

Interested to see where this hostile takeover storyline goes. But we're honestly going to re-watch the same character stories for 5 more weeks.

Last edited:
To me the draw of the show was always the real life news being reflected upon from a news media perspective from ppl trying to remain respectable journalists with integrity.

Story lines with Mac, or the big head chick, or Sloan were never all that interesting. This show was never really presented as something that had an end point. Will doesn't have to get married in the end.

To me Sorkin could easily write 3 more seasons and make it feel like that's the end.

Just finished the opener... solid.  Last season it was just Genoa, but now they're having 2 storylines running in the background with Neil & the hostile takeover?  

Lol @ them taking shots at CNN... as well as the media outlets that relied on Tweets.

Finally caught up on the season opener
And :wow:
Damn this show starting off strong after that struggle they had last season
Man I love this show

I really can't believe there are only 4 more episodes left...this is one show that literally could have lasted YEARS AND YEARS...So Sorkin is gone, get another writer...smh

So damn good tonight

Naw sorkin needs to do this show
I wouldn't want anyone else
It's his baby
See the drop off walking dead and other shows have had when the head guy leaves

I thought it was cuz of low ratings this show wasn't continuing not cuz of Sorkin leaving. I figured HBO told him they won't be extending the series for more seasons and he basically booked his schedule knowing that so he'd only have time for a few eps.

I will say though this show is as Sorkin as it gets. So I don't know if it works as well if somebody else comes in to write or if a team of writers come in. Plus if anything don't think Sorkin would like it if suddenly the show found success with another writer(s).

Anyway, this ep was really good :lol: :rofl: :smh: @ everybody committing crimes. **** really went down in the end

I love Jane Fonda :smokin

This show is just an Aaron Sorkin parody written by Aaron Sorkin himself at this point.

Interesting structure of this week's episode in that it wasn't about a specific news event...

But damn, things are getting intense!

Also, interesting break-downs by the man, himself.

im not sure who aaron sorkin is but when all the feds rolled in, i was like que the bill duke gif...

episode was 
nthat.gif

really hate this is the last season.....

Really enjoying his season. Too bad it's the last.

As hot as I think Munn is, her acting comes across as nothing more than a good table reading amongst actors rehearsing.

I guess it's possible but I don't think this show is worth a damn without Sorkin. The writing makes it for me.

Last edited:
Tobey! :rofl: :x :smh: I just wanted Michael to barge in and tell him to shut up :lol:

That was the ultimate Debbie downer :lol:

:lol: :rofl: @ BJ Novak showing up as the billionaire with the money willing to buy ACN. At this point I'm expecting Pam to show up in the finale as Charlie's daughter the way The Office cast members are coming out of the woodwork :lol:

Don Keefer's salad didn't look like it had any dressing on it (when he had the HR meeting in his office). :rolleyes

Chris Chalk's Gary Cooper character needs more lines & screen time... :rolleyes

Last edited:
Maybe Keefer's trying to lose weight? Doesn't dressing just add calories? Plus I'm pretty sure it was a chicken salad but hey I didn't know you had to have dressing on salads.

Show's over man :lol: :smh: but yeah Gary needed more screen time. Still surreal to see him go from Homeland to this :lol:

Back
Top Bottom