OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

that is a lot of new pieces for the hawks. good thing they have about a month to get going. not to mentoin hoss and krugers will be back as well. this team is scary

Ok now things are redic. Weise was playing awesome. The habs are an abomination. Sry rola hah its ok the Pens are right there. Jus cant get right

But anyway these hawks man... i dont see how they can be stopped save goaltender implosion

Although goin this hard and jeopardizing chem leads ya to believe they dont believe as constructed they beat Washington in a series.

Last edited:
Ok now things are redic. Weise was playing awesome. The habs are an abomination. Sry rola hah its ok the Pens are right there. Jus cant get right

But anyway these hawks man... i dont see how they can be stopped save goaltender implosion

Although goin this hard and jeopardizing chem leads ya to believe they dont believe as constructed they beat Washington in a series.

Seriously man :lol: :x,I've been apathetic as hell in regards to how the season just went to hell :smh:.

That might start to change though cause I just read the best news of the dealine for me,our MVP is back in practice skating In full pads and gear...probably too little too late but it might make for a pretty entertaining end of the season stretch.

Agreed on the Hawks being juggernaut status now :lol:,wish we could just skip forward to a potential classic series in the final against the Caps

Last edited:
i dont really understand the Rangers going after Staal.

Trust me im a fan boy so i am excited to have him even though hes on the downside of his career and we dont really have a clear cut #1 center. but...

hes not gonna resign next year. were basically using him for the rest of the season and the playoffs but my gripe is that lets be serious. is there anyone whos really gonna beat Washington or Chicago THIS year. rangers making moves for THIS year like washington isnt having one of the best seasons in NHL history or the fact that Chicago is probably the best slew of guys its had yet.

i get you always have to compete, but nobody in the front office was like "yo is staal really gonna help us beat washington and chicago"?

i dunno...

Trust me im a fan boy so i am excited to have him even though hes on the downside of his career and we dont really have a clear cut #1 center. but...

hes not gonna resign next year. were basically using him for the rest of the season and the playoffs but my gripe is that lets be serious. is there anyone whos really gonna beat Washington or Chicago THIS year. rangers making moves for THIS year like washington isnt having one of the best seasons in NHL history or the fact that Chicago is probably the best slew of guys its had yet.

i get you always have to compete, but nobody in the front office was like "yo is staal really gonna help us beat washington and chicago"?

i dunno...

They're trying to go all in...future, be damned.

Rangers brass know the clock is ticking on Lundqvist, so I guess that was their rationale? *shrugs*

*I'm with you tho, bro...I don't like or get the move.

i dunno...
They're trying to go all in...future, be damned.

Rangers brass know the clock is ticking on Lundqvist, so I guess that was their rationale? *shrugs*

*I'm with you tho, bro...I don't like or get the move.
no 100% hank is almost done. you can even tell it in his body language he just doesnt look all in to me.

maybe im being pessimistic or giving Washington too much credit but

this trade is basically saying were giving up 2 picks (which we dont have many as it is) to win the cup this year.

i know anything can happen especially in NHL playoffs but lol do they really think theyre gonna beat CHI or WASH in 7 ?

i htink this team just has me frutrated this year from Nash being out, to Kreider and Hayes not playing to anywhere near their talent.

thank god for JT

And nothing really happens today...
sick.gif
grin.gif
Stepniak to Bruins

Sweeney follows up a questionable draft with a head scratching deadline. Gotta get something for Eriksson. And a 2nd/3rd/4th/5th for two guys that aren't getting them out of the 1st round. He can't possibly think the Bruins are doing anything in the playoffs, can he? :lol:

Benning too for that matter. Gotta get something for Vrbata and Hamhuis.

Last edited:
SportsCentre ‏@SportsCentre 18m18 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
#TradeCentre ALERT: BOS acquires F Lee Stempniak from NJD and D John-Michael Liles from CAR. Details to follow.

Sweeney follows up a questionable draft with a head scratching deadline. Gotta get something for Eriksson. He can't possibly think the Bruins are doing anything in the playoffs, can he? :lol:

i'll preface this by saying Don Sweeny is a ******* a moron....

I'm OK with keeping Loui. with the way he handled this situation all along, try to desperately unload him today would have been worthless anyway. would have been some ******** low ball offer. i know it would have been something, but eff that.

was hoping for more of a blue liner than Liles, but i'll take it at this point. need any and all help at this point. i HOPE it mean McQuaid is the odd man out but it probably means Morrow or Trotman is out, which is ridiculous. McQuaid's return has been horrendous and Sweeney is trying to save face by playing him after giving him 3 ******* million dollars a year :lol:

Sweeney just wants us to make the playoffs and then bow out early so he can say we gave it the good 'ol college try

Besides CHI having a great Deadline weekend.

I think Bob Murray & ANA have done well with some great mid tier fwds for a couple of picks.

And i thinkthose guys fit the style of ANA as well.

Sweeney follows up a questionable draft with a head scratching deadline. Gotta get something for Eriksson. And a 2nd/3rd/4th/5th for two guys that aren't getting them out of the 1st round. He can't possibly think the Bruins are doing anything in the playoffs, can he? :lol:

Benning too for that matter. Gotta get something for Vrbata and Hamhuis.
Hamhuis... i think was linked to BOS early in the afternoon. I think he did not want to waive NTC for Boston. He wants to stay West

Damn DSP got traded only after a year :lol: :smh:. Kinda noticing a disturbing trend,Weise and DSP were 2 of PK's best friends on the squad. I might be looking into it too much but I'm definitely suspicious...

Last edited:
2nd becomes a first if Dallas makes it to the conf finals? And if Russel plays at least in the first 2 rounds. Yessssss

I think Bob Murray & ANA have done well with some great mid tier fwds for a couple of picks.

Kind of agree and kind of don't. They were shrewd moves that were really cheap, but I would have liked to see Bob pony up some of our better assets for a bigger fish like Eriksson or Boedker, but oh well. There is going to be TONS of competition throughout this lineup to finish the year.

Perron-Getzlaf-_____
_____-Rakell-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Garbutt-Thompson-______

We're gonna have Maroon/Stewart/Santorelli/Horcoff/McGinn/Pirri all competing for 3 spots.

I'm certainly optimistic though. Think we're heading for Hawks-Ducks part 2.

Last edited:
Excited to see the Canucks do nothing and continue to fight for that number 9 spot! 
indifferent.gif

Crazy stat I heard today watching the Deadline show is that of all the teams, Minnesota is the only one to have not made a trade since October 1st.

Kind of agree and kind of don't. They were shrewd moves that were really cheap, but I would have liked to see Bob pony up some of our better assets for a bigger fish like Eriksson or Boedker, but oh well. There is going to be TONS of competition throughout this lineup to finish the year.

Perron-Getzlaf-_____
_____-Rakell-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Garbutt-Thompson-______

We're gonna have Maroon/Stewart/Santorelli/Horcoff/McGinn/Pirri all competing for 3 spots.

I'm certainly optimistic though. Think we're heading for Hawks-Ducks part 2.
FTFY.

Again a good trade.,Murray sheds the excess now and gets back a pick and a prospect in the process. No one has mentioned the ducks ... from what im seeing... but they had a good day

Last edited:
FTFY.

Again a good trade.,Murray sheds the excess now and gets back a pick and a prospect in the process. No one has mentioned the ducks ... from what im seeing... but they had a good day

Not a fan of that move at all. Would have rather kept Maroon than get either McGinn or Pirri, but it was a simply a matter of saving a couple mil next year and having too many bodies. Patty is gonna rack up the points as the net front guy on the top PP for Edmonton.

Back
Top Bottom