OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

It's sad how the new Garden totally killed the atmosphere of the crowd and raised the prices tremendously. In 2012, I went to game 1 of the ECF vs the Devils, and only paid $100 to sit in the 300s on the blue line. Never going to see a deal like that again. I'd absolutely love to be able to go to a SCF game, but there is no way I could afford to drop $1100 on an obstructed view ticket.

The new MSG sucks. Overcrowded concourses. No legroom in seats. Chase Bridge kills any fan noise from upper rows. Killed the environment that the Garden used to have. However, game 6 vs Montreal was the loudest I've heard MSG in YEARS. Hopefully it's rocking for games 3 and 4 of the Stanley Cup.

Lets Go Rangers!

i bought a 360 after trading in my ps3 for ps4, just to play nhl 14. 

gamertag- AMarano 

if anyone plays.

You are mistaking cockiness with confidence. :lol: @ Rangers fans saying they would have rather play Chicago. They would beat you guys too.

I still think Chicago would have been a better matchup for the Rangers. The Kings are a more defensive minded team that plays a physical game and is a big team. I'd rather see the Rangers play a team in Chicago that is more their style playing uptempo and with speed. I also don't think Chicagos defense and goaltending is as good as the Kings. Both would have been tough either way obviously.

Ya, we did blow a few solid chances.

Wish hockey would change the rules so goals like that wouldn't happen. I mean they duel and grind it out for 7 games and it's decided on the puck bouncing off someones torso. Only in hockey.

I think the loss hurts so much because the Hawks didn't win their division, started off the playoffs lackluster and somehow found a way to keep coming back. One more goal and we would have been there. One goal from making history and beating a Kings team that outplayed us for most of the series. It just would have been...heroic. As a Blackhawks fan, i can definitely say the overachieved, which is the sign of a great team.

And the Kings, you have to feel great for them, faced with 3 game 7s to teams that were considered better than them and what better way to win it than from the team that snatched the Cup from you the previous season, in OT, on their own ice, while the Hawks had the better possession time of the puck.

You can't make this stuff up :smokin The good thing to remember is that Toews and Kane are both still young and will have many more years ahead of them. I know the Hawks will make another deep run in the playoffs next year, i can feel it. With some rest and some adjustments in the depth department, theyll be great

Man, I may be the minority here - but I enjoyed NHL 2k10? With Ovie on the cover. I picked it up a couple months ago for like $3 at gamestop. The goals are unpredictable and with the right sliders it was super competitive game. Of course I only got to play like a couple games before ps3 crapped but I would enjoy another 2K hockey. But that EA screenshot :x hope gameplay looks like that

You are mistaking cockiness with confidence. :lol: @ Rangers fans saying they would have rather play Chicago. They would beat you guys too.
Not like the Rangers were 2-0 against the Blackhawks this year. Or should those not count cause the rangers a fluke goal or something?

Not like the Rangers were 2-0 against the Blackhawks this year. Or should those not count cause the rangers a fluke goal or something?
i would take the regular season games with a grain of salt.

ducks took 4 of 5 from the kings and the blackhawks swept the season series against the kings and look who's still playing.

i feel the same about the 2 meetings between the kings and rangers.    first meeting was 8 months ago in the 2nd game of the season and the other was in november and the kings started a goalie who plays on edmonton now. 

the rangers aren't to be taken lightly though.

[thread="304211"]Some of fellow Kings fans are acting way too cocky in here. NHL is way too unpredictable to guaranteeing victory.[/thread]

We won it all as an 8th seed for Christ's sakes...:lol:

That Kopitar OT goal in Game 1 still bothers me :lol: what a series changer.

If I was a Ranger fan, I'd MUCH rather save the $1K and go to the Flying Puck or even Blarney Stone and watch/celebrate/drown sorrows there.

Even though I see everyone taking Kings in 5 or 6, I could fathom the series going 7. Splitting first two in LA, splitting next two at MSG. Each team winning on home ice in G5 and G6, and Kings pulling it out behind Quick in another dramatic Game 7.

whoa is this being floated? in what capacity? broadcast booth?

:lol: GM. No joke.

"Kristopher Letang, please come to my office."

"Sidney Crosby, born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, I'd like to see you after practice."

Pierre would be within 2 inches of the faces of the men he'd be talking to as well. He's a close-talker :lol:

:rofl:

Last edited:
:lol: GM. No joke.

"Kristopher Letang, please come to my office."

"Sidney Crosby, born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, I'd like to see you after practice."

Pierre would be within 2 inches of the faces of the men he'd be talking to as well. He's a close-talker :lol:
Caps fired Trotz. Milbury wants to coach Ovie.

Back
Top Bottom