OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Richards lol im good. Would t want him on my team. 3rd line second pp second pk guy for 6 mill per.. swerve

NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety 40m40 minutes ago
Philadelphia's Zac Rinaldo has been suspended for eight games for charging and boarding Pittsburgh's Kris Letang.

8 games seems about right for Rinaldo, I figured he would get more than the 6 games Carcillo got for his cheap shot on Mathieu Perreault

Pens playing like *******. Glad they got their **** kicked in. Horse**** call on ovechkin for being too strong.

4 - 0 washington??! i'll allow it :pimp:

even though it hurts us in the playoff race :lol:

Last edited:
Pens
Pens playing like *******. Glad they got their **** kicked in. Horse**** call on ovechkin for being too strong.

Whoa

They were taking runs all night. Downie, in particular. Glad he got his face split open by latta. :

That Erhoff hit was some bull and should have NEVER been a penalty.

Oh well, I'll take the W.

Jeff Carter trying to hold it together talking about Richards though..... :frown:

damn :frown:

i mean these guys were banging other players' wives together in Philly...so they're pretty close, obviously :lol:

Cold-blooded!

In all seriousness, the Dry Island-era Flyers were a fun team

I'm sure Scott Hartnell disagrees :lol:

NHL Issues Warning To P.K. Subban To Change His Game
35 minutes ago. edited 26 minutes ago

Mark Burke – Follow @m_burke42

It wouldn’t be the NHL if the Habs aren’t getting some special treatment from the NHL.

Stephane Quintal, the new Vice President of Player Safety for the NHL, told a radio station in Montreal that he has personally called Canadiens’ defenseman P.K. Subban in recent weeks to warn him of possible supplemental discipline that could be coming his way if he continues to slew-foot unsuspecting opponents.

This is quite amusing seeing as how Bruins forward Brad Marchand was suspended two games last week for a slew-foot on New York Rangers forward Derick Brassard, yet if you see the highlight reel below, Subban has pulled off the move a handful of times in recent years and has been fined, but he's yet to be suspended.

marchand the villain tho :lol:

Quick question for hockey heads in here...

What do you guys think about tonight's Habs vs Rangers game? I've been capping the game and I'm leaning towards NYR, but wanted some advice. :nerd:

It wouldn’t be the NHL if the Habs aren’t getting some special treatment from the NHL.

Stephane Quintal, the new Vice President of Player Safety for the NHL, told a radio station in Montreal that he has personally called Canadiens’ defenseman P.K. Subban in recent weeks to warn him of possible supplemental discipline that could be coming his way if he continues to slew-foot unsuspecting opponents.

This is quite amusing seeing as how Bruins forward Brad Marchand was suspended two games last week for a slew-foot on New York Rangers forward Derick Brassard, yet if you see the highlight reel below, Subban has pulled off the move a handful of times in recent years and has been fined, but he's yet to be suspended.

marchand the villain tho
laugh.gif
Yes. Yes he is. You don't think he hasn't been on the other end of that call 8 or 9 times? 

Boston sports fans and their woe-is-me, us-against-the-world schtick. You're better than that, DSA. Concentrate on the positives. Bergeron's love and talent in the slam poetry scene being #1.

:lol:

i'm not saying marchand doesn't deserve the criticism. i'm saying no one says a peep about PK on it. no one calls him out for anything. marchand is 100% a pain in the *** agitator/instigator...whatever you want to call it. but let's call out other guys who play that style...even if it's to a lesser degree. when boston fans call him out for that stuff, it's us being homers.

and for the record, i'd take PK on my team any day of the week :lol:

I agree PK gets away with alot of on-ice stuff. But I always chalked it up to the NHL pandering to it's stars, never to him being a Canadien. 

Sidney can be a chippy little turd too, but he gets special treatment all day. 

And you'll have to excuse me. As a BS Report podcast regular, I have been bombarded with Patriots apoligists for the past week. I like them, but Bill Simmons is making me question that to the fullest extent. 
laugh.gif

marchand the villain tho :lol:

Yes. Yes he is. You don't think he hasn't been on the other end of that call 8 or 9 times? 

Boston sports fans and their woe-is-me, us-against-the-world schtick. You're better than that, DSA. Concentrate on the positives. Bergeron's love and talent in the slam poetry scene being #1.

All love Chris, but "woe-is-me" has been the modus operandi of Vancouver sports fans -- so much so that there's a bronze statue of Roger Neilson waving a white flag in protest outside Rogers Arena.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom