OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Leafs have now loss 10 in a row smh 
mean.gif
frown.gif

man the team i play on is playing like the leafs right now. feels bad, man :lol:

we just got smoked 6-2 tonight :x

Last edited:
Sounds like the Kane thing is strictly a discipline/ rule violation thing and not a trade. He's in his hometown so the speculation is that it was a curfew violation or something like that

I'd be highly surprised if we trade him right now, given where we are in the standings and the fact that Paul Maurice absolutely loves his game ( and so do I :lol: I'm 100% against trading him)

And that is my yearly post defending Evander in this thread after something happens and all of you guys say we should trade him :lol:

I think he's a great player. And if I was a Jets fan, I'd be pretty pissed if they traded him. I just think that the relationship between him and the team is just off.

It would be pretty stupid to trade him while his value is at it's lowest and the team is in the playoff race for the first time in a decade. Kane does seem to have his head screwed on backwards though, so you never know. If he does he's got the talent to score 30 every single year and be an absolute force physically.

Last edited:
So apparently EK was scratched b/c he arrived to a mid-day team meeting at the practice rink in sweats and not a suit.

Ummmmm, yea. He's done in Winnipeg. He deserves better than that city/organization. No disrespect to any 'peg posters in this thread.

Kane doesn't "deserve" anything. He hasn't earned anything in this league as of yet. It's his own fault he's been involved in so much controversy since coming into the league. He knew the team's rules and broke them. No point in rules if there aren't consequences to breaking them.

Last edited:
pretty good game between the bruins and rags tonight. some of the speed on the rangers is just killer, man

Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban is the latest NHL player to be punished by the league for diving, receiving a $2,000 fine.

i, for one, am truly shocked :lol:

sarcasm

Last edited:
Another win for CGY, moving back up the Western ranks :pimp:

Looks like East seeding is ready for the playoffs :lol:
West looks so tight, right under CGY right now is COL, MINN, DAL, LA.

Kane doesn't "deserve" anything. He hasn't earned anything in this league as of yet. It's his own fault he's been involved in so much controversy since coming into the league. He knew the team's rules and broke them. No point in rules if there aren't consequences to breaking them.

Read:

Evander Kane and the race problem in Winnipeg

It's been like this since the franchise relocated to Winnipeg. I've been saying for the past couple of seasons that he needs to get the hell out of that city.

On top of it all, he's 23. Who didn't have bouts of immaturity at that age? If we're going to write off guys for doing dumb **** when they're young, then Patrick Kane would be playing in the KHL, Ovechkin would be long gone, etc....

He's under the microscope and scrutinized for a big reason that goes beyond what he's doing (or not doing) on the ice. And I think we all know what that is.

Last edited:
Read:

Evander Kane and the race problem in Winnipeg

It's been like this since the franchise relocated to Winnipeg. I've been saying for the past couple of seasons that he needs to get the hell out of that city.

On top of it all, he's 23. Who didn't have bouts of immaturity at that age? If we're going to write off guys for doing dumb **** when they're young, then Patrick Kane would be playing in the KHL, Ovechkin would be long gone, etc....

He's under the microscope and scrutinized for a big reason that goes beyond what he's doing (or not doing) on the ice. And I think we all know what that is.

First of all, I'm not "writing him off". I'm saying he might want to focus more on what he does on the ice because at this point, he hasn't fulfilled his potential as a hockey player. Right now he is a 3rd liner and 8th on the team in scoring. We all know he's much more talented than that. Patty Kane and Ovechkin have had issues off the ice and in the media, but they have always been big time players on the ice.

Secondly, what is that article supposed to prove? Kane himself brings up the race card. The way he acts off the ice and his play are the reasons he's been heavily scrutinized. Guys like Iginla, Simmonds, Joel Ward, Okposo, Daley, etc. seem to be able to avoid controversy. Difference between them and guys like Evander (and Ovie too) is they come across as committed, team first players. It's got nothing to do with their race.

Back
Top Bottom