OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Carey Price da gawd with yet another stellar performance on the way to another W 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
I didn't even watch the game, but I saw 3-3. Let me guess, Flames somehow magically scored in the 3rd and won? :nerd:

EDIT: saw stats, yikes :smh: Bruins just gave up in the 2nd and 3rd? lol

Last edited:
I didn't even watch the game, but I saw 3-3. Let me guess, Flames somehow magically scored in the 3rd and won? :nerd:

EDIT: saw stats, yikes :smh: Bruins just gave up in the 2nd and 3rd? lol

we were up 3-0!!!!

**** my life, man :lol:

^ I watched the highlights, yooo that last goal/OT winner said a lot about the game/Bruins season? :lol:

Gazdic goes around 240....

LOVE seeing this outta Buff. Only wish that he played like this his whole career. Better late than never, doe.

:pimp:

What's the national perception of the Wild as a team and their playoff push on here? I hear plenty of local angles on the team and that if they get into the playoffs they have what it takes to upset a No. 2 seed like they did last year, but I'm a skeptic because I just don't trust their goalie play and injuries.

Between the Vikings winning seven games, Timberwolves rebuilding, Twins losing 90+ games four years running, Gophers football graduating double-digit senior contributors and Gophers basketball NIT-bound... the Wild are being spun as the state's only hope. :lol: :smh:

How are they perceived nationally?

I don't watch much Minnesota Wild games but I think you guys are a good forward or two away from being a playoff contender. I have never had much faith in Backstrom but Devan is doing good.

I like the defense corps of Suter, Brodin and Spurgeon but you guys need one more top 4 D-man to make it more serious. Clayton Stoner is not the answer.

I'll fix this up a bit for Ya.
Stoner is no longer on the Wild. The emergance and fantastic season of Marco Scandella has solidified our top 4. He's been great. And arguably been out beat Dman this season. In terms of forwards, losing Zucker, Cooke, and Carter to injury was a huge huge blow. They all play a big part in this teams success and losing them creates a domino affect where young kids who have been incosistent to step up.
Fletcher, is rumored to possibly make a move for a bottom pairing defensemen and a depth mid tier forward. I don't know how I feel about this... I want no part of trading more picks. But the move of the year so far is clearly the Trade for Devan Dubnyk. He's been incredibly solid and that's what the Wild needed to get their confidence back and make a push.

That was a huge loss last night though to VAN :smh:

Fingers crossed we get in. Can we get in? Absolutely we can. But it's going to be incredibly difficult cause of how deep the west is. It's going to go down to the wire.

Yea, this west playoff race is going to give me a heart attack. 
laugh.gif

You go on a 3,4,5 game losing streak and you're pretty much done.

One of the local media guys made the point after that hit that Buff can basically do whatever he wants on the ice because no one wants to fight him and its true. Look at the video, no Oiler really goes after him after that hit

He also did this Saturday night :lol:

Big game against Wild today, but I need Devan to win. End it in a SO tonight guys, please. fantasy reasons >D

Crap, wrong day.

Last edited:
Pens played like a bunch of chumps last night...this sequence followed the non-call on Ovechkin's trip/slash on Letang when he fell into the boards. Wasn't intentional, as Ovechkin was going for the puck, but the Pens saw it otherwise.

ztsNtBk.gif

n0VRpFI.gif

V9AF185.gif

5imci0L.gif

:pimp: @ Ovechkin

&

:lol: @ Kunitz

:rofl: Ovi is such a beast. Dude took the crosschecked and was like "LOL srs bro?"

Anyone here post on /r/hockey?

Last edited:
I have to say I have always taken a dim view on coaching and how much it matters in hockey.

but Caps went from bottom 5 possession team to top 10 in corsi close without that much personnel change. I guess I have to credit trotz.

Back
Top Bottom