Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by JND1

I copped the Hero for Sprint at BB earlier today. My first time using an android phone, but the joint is pretty smooth so far.
pimp.gif

You will LOVE Android, one of the most promising mobile OS out there. Heard some of the minor lag from the Hero will go away with the Donut 1.6 update.

I copped the Imagio after playing with one a work today.

I've been off HTC products and Windows Mobile products because of bad experiences but this phone turned me in about 10 minutes.

i have to wait till tomorrow to get my HERO, but those with BB reward zone could have gotten theirs since friday. anyone who recently copped please shareopinions, pic, vids ect.....i HATE waiting for things like this...

Mez 0ne wrote:

Am I the only one who HATES all of these touch screen phones?

I appreciate my Touch Pro more (even though its slow) since its touch screen AND has a keypad.

Wish it had a scroll wheel though.

I have the Touch Pro2. I got it because I refused to have a phone without a physical keyboard but after using this thing for about 2 months I find myself using the on-screen keyboard a good 70% of the time. Its just that good. Responsive, big enough keys, and very few mistypes. I'm looking at this HD2 and really considering it.
See, I picked up a Touch Pro instead of a Diamond because I knew that a 2.8" screen is just too small to go all touch screen. I typerelatively quick using the compact QWERTY, but the size of the phone makes it uncomfortable to hold when I'm typing out a lot of text. I'm sureI'd like the Touch Diamond 2 (at&t's Pure) and love Verizon's Imagio. I'm holding out hope that Sprint will pick up either one so Idon't have to get the Touch Pro 2. If they don't, I may go with Sprint's Intrepid or even a Snap.
frown.gif
I just can't stand the lag on the Touch Pro.

You will LOVE Android, one of the most promising mobile OS out there. Heard some of the minor lag from the Hero will go away with the Donut 1.6 update.

I thought the lag was only on the GSM and early review models? Either way, everyone that has reviewed a recent version of the Hero seems to love it. Ican't use one on my plan so I haven't even bothered finding out if it does the few things I like to do w/ my phones.

I've been off HTC products and Windows Mobile products because of bad experiences but this phone turned me in about 10 minutes.
I saw an unboxing and it looks like exactly what everyone in the states has been waiting for since the Touch HD. Anything specific about it thatmade you change your mind about Windows Mobile?

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Mez 0ne wrote:

Am I the only one who HATES all of these touch screen phones?

I appreciate my Touch Pro more (even though its slow) since its touch screen AND has a keypad.

Wish it had a scroll wheel though.
I have the Touch Pro2. I got it because I refused to have a phone without a physical keyboard but after using this thing for about 2 months I find myself using the on-screen keyboard a good 70% of the time. Its just that good. Responsive, big enough keys, and very few mistypes. I'm looking at this HD2 and really considering it.
See, I picked up a Touch Pro instead of a Diamond because I knew that a 2.8" screen is just too small to go all touch screen. I type relatively quick using the compact QWERTY, but the size of the phone makes it uncomfortable to hold when I'm typing out a lot of text. I'm sure I'd like the Touch Diamond 2 (at&t's Pure) and love Verizon's Imagio. I'm holding out hope that Sprint will pick up either one so I don't have to get the Touch Pro 2. If they don't, I may go with Sprint's Intrepid or even a Snap.
frown.gif
I just can't stand the lag on the Touch Pro.

I thought the lag was only on the GSM and early review models? Either way, everyone that has reviewed a recent version of the Hero seems to love it. I can't use one on my plan so I haven't even bothered finding out if it does the few things I like to do w/ my phones.

I saw an unboxing and it looks like exactly what everyone in the states has been waiting for since the Touch HD. Anything specific about it that made you change your mind about Windows Mobile?

It's just so smooth and intuitive, I've had a Blackjack I, II and a Samsung Omnia the main difference between the the Imagio and thosephones is that simple tasks are simple which has always been a problem for Windows phones.

Everything is fast and smooth as well, even multimedia memory hogging applications.

My only compliant is I wish the touchscreen was a little more sensitive but its real touch as opposed to heat sensitive so I guess that's to be expected.Also I still can't figure how to change the settings on either browser so that its recognized as a phone as opposed to regular full sites.

holdenmichael, the HD2 is coming out Q1 of next year, so I would say hold out. HTC released an update for the TP last week, so I'd suggest getting that.

Also, if you are having trouble with your phone, Sprint (in store) is swapping out some customer's TPs with TP2s. I took my phone in due to some issues,but they did not give me a TP2. You can't call in at this point, they are out of TP2s and will offer you another phone and/or refer you to a repair center.

arent u always eligible for an upgrade at best buy tho? thats what i keep hearing... that i can get it with a new 2 year agreement even tho i renewed in march...
Thats weird.

Makes no sense unless the Sprint system is so off that a customer who shouldnt be eligible actually is.

It might be it happend a few times for a few people and they got lucky, its very possible.

HTC Hero now available from Sprint [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sunday, 11 October 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
sprint_hero_site.jpg

Sprint customers or anyone else who want to pick up the HTC Hero can not head on over to their local Sprint retail location or Sprint.com to pick up the new Sprint HTC Hero. It's been available for a few days already from Best Buy, but today marks the official launch of the handset. Sprint has finally put up the product page for the Hero and has also launched an Android microsite with information about Android, apps, and how you can use them all on the Now Network! The site doesn't have quite as much information about Android as T-Mobile's site for the G1 and myTouch 3G, but those unfamiliar with Android can get a taste for the power and customization that the platform offers.

Head on over to Sprint's website to order your new HTC Hero. The Hero is selling for $179.99 after $200 instand savings (for a new two year contract) and a $100 mail in rebate.

Sprint's official press shots. Not really sure why they chose to take the pictures with a wide angle lens

[h2]HTC Pure now for free[/h2]
October 11th, 2009 | Author: admin

If $150 was a bit too much for you, FuzeMobility reports on a way to get the HTC Pure, AT&T's version of the HTC Touch Diamond 2 for free on a two year contract.

Letstalk, an AT&T reseller, is offering the HTC Pure for FREE with a new contract ($100 with a contract extension). To sweeten the deal they are throwing in a 4gb microSD card and free shipping.

The deal does not work in all areas, but if you are intending to buy a Pure its certainly worth a try.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Also I still can't figure how to change the settings on either browser so that its recognized as a phone as opposed to regular full sites.
In IE it should be Menu > Tools > Options > Other

I can't find a way to do that in Opera Mobile, not even on the about:config page.

holdenmichael, the HD2 is coming out Q1 of next year, so I would say hold out. HTC released an update for the TP last week, so I'd suggest getting that.
I wouldn't be using my upgrade to pick up a Snap or Intrepid so I wouldn't need to wait. Regardless, I'm worried that the HD2 will betoo tall. I don't know that I need such a large screen. I'm excited for that processor though. Problem is, it's only worth buying if it'sguaranteed to be eligible for an upgrade to WM7. That's the reason I'm not going to drop $350+ on a TP 2. That's way too much money for a devicethat should have come out a year ago as the Touch Pro and that we won't be able to run WM7 on.
Also, if you are having trouble with your phone, Sprint (in store) is swapping out some customer's TPs with TP2s. I took my phone in due to some issues, but they did not give me a TP2. You can't call in at this point, they are out of TP2s and will offer you another phone and/or refer you to a repair center.
Any idea if they'll do the exchange for people w/o TEP?

I'm waiting to see pictures taken with a Hero. Apparently, it has a great camera.

Also, if you are having trouble with your phone, Sprint (in store) is swapping out some customer's TPs with TP2s. I took my phone in due to some issues, but they did not give me a TP2. You can't call in at this point, they are out of TP2s and will offer you another phone and/or refer you to a repair center.
Any idea if they'll do the exchange for people w/o TEP?

I'm waiting to see pictures taken with a Hero. Apparently, it has a great camera.

Enh ... it's okay. Great for a phone I guess but no flash = enh.

The phone looks really cool I just dont care for that OS much. Maybe Im just used to WM.

The on-screen keyboard is pretty decent though.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by young dr0

already unlocked it and flashed it

but didnt get the right ROM

im looking for a ROM CDMA for the Touch Pro w/ a twiiter tab for the touchflo3d
You have to get one that has Manila 2.5 For the Twitter tab. It's still no official version out so it's gon be glitchy and not work in landscape mode. If u can, find a ROM builty by http://twitter.com/NRGZ28, he makes damn good ROMs. Thewingster.com has some ROMs on there from him.

yeah he made those ROMs I listed. they one i ended up using is illy

I just really wanted that twitter tab.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

already unlocked it and flashed it

but didnt get the right ROM

im looking for a ROM CDMA for the Touch Pro w/ a twiiter tab for the touchflo3d
You have to get one that has Manila 2.5 For the Twitter tab. It's still no official version out so it's gon be glitchy and not work in landscape mode. If u can, find a ROM builty by http://twitter.com/NRGZ28, he makes damn good ROMs. Thewingster.com has some ROMs on there from him.

yeah he made those ROMs I listed. they one i ended up using is illy

I just really wanted that twitter tab.
ohwell.gif
U and me both. I had to revert back to a 2.1 ROM of his cause the 2.5 was too buggy for me and it ate my battery up. I'm pretty sure thatonce he or another cook can get a hold of the official 2.5 build that the Leo runs, we'll have a nice Leo ROM. I can't wait
pimp.gif

I wouldn't be using my upgrade to pick up a Snap or Intrepid so I wouldn't need to wait. Regardless, I'm worried that the HD2 will be too tall. I don't know that I need such a large screen. I'm excited for that processor though. Problem is, it's only worth buying if it's guaranteed to be eligible for an upgrade to WM7. That's the reason I'm not going to drop $350+ on a TP 2. That's way too much money for a device that should have come out a year ago as the Touch Pro and that we won't be able to run WM7 on.

So far they say it will be upgradable to W7, it currently does have the requirements thats MS is asking for.
But I'm pretty with in the same situation was you. I've always been with AT&T and my current 2 year contract ends in March.
By then I'll know for sure what I'll most likely be doing. By the time 2010 comes around the TP2 won't be worth getting, as of now W7 is coming outso need to drop $350 on something that will already be outdated by then and nd I beleive ated by the time W& comes out. And I beleive a 1GHz processor isneeded to run W7.
I really hope it does come to AT&T, at least eventually. But knowing that AT&T has the iPhone worries me. Would Apple be against them carrying thephone? I'm not sure when the contract ends between them.
I guess if worst comes to worst, I may have to switch providers. I really can't keep my Tilt any longer
laugh.gif

It's not that great, about the same as an iPhone. It has autofocus, but no flash.

my leo will run the hero setup im just tired of lookin at the WM's setup

im just hoping my tp can make it until it comes out

Originally Posted by JND1

It's not that great, about the same as an iPhone. It has autofocus, but no flash.
Is it fast? My Touch Pro takes decent pictures, but there's so much time between being focused and actually capturing the image that I oftenget blurred images. I don't have the problem w/ a first gen' iPhone and only assume that the iPhone 3G S takes better pictures so I'm happy w/that comparison.

Although I prefer to use Manila, I love that Titanium (aka Windows 6.5's default homescreen) uses less RAM and allows us to see our background imagesbetter than most homescreens without sacrificing what we can do and see:

e0c358815b286f7a3a4c7fbd05cb4468a174956.jpg

Back
Top Bottom