Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Also I still can't figure how to change the settings on either browser so that its recognized as a phone as opposed to regular full sites.
In IE it should be Menu > Tools > Options > Other

I can't find a way to do that in Opera Mobile, not even on the about:config page.

holdenmichael, the HD2 is coming out Q1 of next year, so I would say hold out. HTC released an update for the TP last week, so I'd suggest getting that.
I wouldn't be using my upgrade to pick up a Snap or Intrepid so I wouldn't need to wait. Regardless, I'm worried that the HD2 will be too tall. I don't know that I need such a large screen. I'm excited for that processor though. Problem is, it's only worth buying if it's guaranteed to be eligible for an upgrade to WM7. That's the reason I'm not going to drop $350+ on a TP 2. That's way too much money for a device that should have come out a year ago as the Touch Pro and that we won't be able to run WM7 on.
Also, if you are having trouble with your phone, Sprint (in store) is swapping out some customer's TPs with TP2s. I took my phone in due to some issues, but they did not give me a TP2. You can't call in at this point, they are out of TP2s and will offer you another phone and/or refer you to a repair center.
Any idea if they'll do the exchange for people w/o TEP?

I'm waiting to see pictures taken with a Hero. Apparently, it has a great camera.

When is the warranty on your phone up?

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

When is the warranty on your phone up?

It's an eBay purchase so I don't believe it's covered anymore.

Ooooo, yeah, I think you're out of luck as far as doing the TP/TP2 swap if there's no more warranty. You don't have to have the TEP, but if youdon't have it, you have to a warranty of 1 year or less remaining ...

they wouldnt budge on swapping mine...in store...retentions...or customer service. time to go the bbb route cuz my phone is actully messed up. smh

I was just wondering for those who purchased the hero for sprint, just wondering how bad is the battery consumption and i think its an app" taskkiller" does it really help with the phone lagging?

Well I'm back just got the Touch pro 2 for T-mobile. I traded my 2nd gen iphone for it.
I paid $100 for a new but old iphone a while back but I've always wanted this, so I got it.
grin.gif

I do want the Leo rom but I don't know the procedure...
embarassed.gif

STILL don't understand the point of a camera with no flash, I could understand leaving off flash for a phone with a 2mp camera because the pic looks grainyin low light but a 5mp camera.
smh.gif

[h2]HTC Pure now for free[/h2]
October 11th, 2009 | Author: admin

If $150 was a bit too much for you, FuzeMobility reports on a way to get the HTC Pure, AT&T's version of the HTC Touch Diamond 2 for free on a two year contract.

Letstalk, an AT&T reseller, is offering the HTC Pure for FREE with a new contract ($100 with a contract extension). To sweeten the deal they are throwing in a 4gb microSD card and free shipping.

The deal does not work in all areas, but if you are intending to buy a Pure its certainly worth a try.

[h2]http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=8969[/h2]
[h2]MyPhone vs Dashwire/Bestbuy mIQ sync - MyPhone wins[/h2]
October 13th, 2009 | Author: admin

MyPhone minimalist vs Dashwire exuberance

I must admit I was originally a MyPhone sceptic, but the service really clicked for me when I found the notes I recorded in a word document on my phone easily accessible from the MyPhone website without needing to e-mail the file or sync (which I never do in any case). Browsing my pictures online instead of on my phone was also very useful.

CNet put Microsoft's new free service up against another well known sync and back-up service, Dashwire, and found while both services were well featured, MyPhone had better media sharing features.

They did however complain about the spartan look of the MyPhone service, an issue I agree with and is a feature of all Microsoft's Live services.

MyPhone is available from the Windows Mobile Marketplace.

Read CNet's full review here.

[h2]Groovefish - forget Spotify[/h2]
October 13th, 2009 | Author: admin

Grooveshark is an internationally available online music search engine, music streaming service and music recommendation web software application, allowing users to search for, stream, and upload music free of charge that can be played immediately or added to a playlist. It a great online music streaming app.

Groovefish is a Windows Mobile 6.0 client for the Grooveshark service, which allows you to play virtually any song in the world - from anywhere.

The software works pretty well, but lacks basic features such as playlists and scrub controls, but at only version 0.31 there is still plenty of room to grow.

Download the application at 1800pocketpc.com here or scan the tag using Microsoft Tag (gettag.mobi) here.

[h2]http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=8957[/h2]
[h2]Mobile-review's HTC HD2 preview now in English[/h2]
PostDateIcon.png
October 13th, 2009 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: admin

We enjoyed the Google-translated version of Mobile-review's HTC HD2 preview, but unless you enjoy Engrish you will probably enjoy the properly translated version more.

Below is their conclusion, which reads much better than the earlier version:
All there is left to say is that the HD2 also comes armed with a whole array of minor enhancements that we'll need to examine closer before making any definitive conclusions. But for now let us say that the "brand-new" Sense user interface is nothing but another way to generate hype around the HD2 - in reality, that's exactly the codename HTC will be using for their WM- and Android-based interfaces from now on. Furthermore, the HD2's Sense is the good old TouchFLO 3D - in a new wrapping, with some major improvements and a plethora of new features, yet the same UI and menu setup.

I believe that the HD2 will come jam-packed with various wow-features, such as animated weather effects on the home screen - whereas previously you had to jump into a separate tab to enjoy the sight of raindrops falling on the screen or floating clouds, the HD2 offers these marvels right on the standby screen.

But rest assured, upon closer examination we'll find a whole bunch of shortcomings in the HD2 (and I feel like the first drawback we'll run into will be its battery time), but since I'm yet to delve deep into its features, let me share my personal thoughts about the device. It does impress, just like the iPhone stunned us with its sleek design or the Diamond with its incredibly pocketable casing, or the original Touch. When you start playing around with the HD2 you suddenly realize that it's still possible to find mind-boggling phones even these days, and that's worth something already. And by the way, if you have come like it, better start saving money now, as the HD2 is very unlikely to retail for less than 900-1000$.

If you want to read more on their views on the mind-boggling phone, read the full review here.

Originally Posted by AirWeezy03

which one is better the imagio or the TP2
also can you switch can you customize winmo

Can you deal with not having a keyboard.
If the Imagio has the same Diamond 2 specs....I would pick the TP2 over it IMO.
Do you mean switching phones? Yea there are various ways to customize WM.....you can get custom ROMs or even make your own.

http://tinypic.com

Well, I have long been a windows mobile hater, no question about it, and recent reports of windows mobile 6.5 have not done much to snuff the hate. Fortunately, it looks like T-Mobile USA lovers are going to get their hands on snapdragon love in the form of the HTC HD2 and its 4.3 inches of glory. If you want more info on the HTC HD2, try some previews here, here and here. For now I would rather focus on the above picture and some of the mentioned features: TV/Movies at your fingertips, AWESOME. Fantastic web browsing experience. AWESOME. E-Reader Content. AWESOME! Details on this phone are very preliminary and a release date is completely unknown at this point, but for you windows mobile lovers, a snapdragon processor which allows you to read the newest Oprah "book of the month" recommendation is worthy of your future dollars. Stay tuned for more details!

For the record, there is NO indication this device has anything to do with Project Black!

Damn, hopefully a version for Sprint is soon to follow or they drop their price on the TP2.

which one is better the imagio or the TP2

The differences:

- the Imagio is slightly taller and wider, but it's more thin
- the Imagio has a 5MP camera; TP2's is 3MP
- the Imagio has an FM radio
- the TP2 has a QWERTY keyboard
- the Imagio has Media FLO
- the TP2 can do TV Out
- the TP2 has older version of Windows & Manila, but will be upgraded to same as Imagio

The similarities:

- same processor
- same screen size
- same version of Windows and Manila

Blurry pictures of the Imagio side by side w/ the TP2: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com...1220862&postcount=10

I'm sure you can find more online.

"Which is better?" can only be answered by you.

I'm mad late on the ROM scene and I want to kit my Imagio out.

Links? FAQ?

Any help would be greatly appreiciated.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

http://tinypic.com/

Well, I have long been a windows mobile hater, no question about it, and recent reports of windows mobile 6.5 have not done much to snuff the hate. Fortunately, it looks like T-Mobile USA lovers are going to get their hands on snapdragon love in the form of the HTC HD2 and its 4.3 inches of glory. If you want more info on the HTC HD2, try some previews here, here and here. For now I would rather focus on the above picture and some of the mentioned features: TV/Movies at your fingertips, AWESOME. Fantastic web browsing experience. AWESOME. E-Reader Content. AWESOME! Details on this phone are very preliminary and a release date is completely unknown at this point, but for you windows mobile lovers, a snapdragon processor which allows you to read the newest Oprah "book of the month" recommendation is worthy of your future dollars. Stay tuned for more details!

For the record, there is NO indication this device has anything to do with Project Black!

pimp.gif
So COPPED!!!!

Hopefully T-Mobile doesn't make it an exclusive, even though that would be the smart thing to do.
I rather not have to go to T-Mobile.

Like I said, HD2 + t-mobile 50 dollar plan = deadly combination...snapdragon? No phone is really touching HD2. People were PISSED that the first HD didn'trelease in the US. People really need that HD2.

Originally Posted by lemurkicks23

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

http://tinypic.com/

pimp.gif
So COPPED!!!!
Damn, wonder how much it's gon run if we do get it. I'll have to holla at Cashmere if we do get it
nerd.gif

I remember seeing, that over seas an unlocked HD2 would prob run $800-$1000, I don't know much about TMO pricing but I can see it being $500+

I have the Touch Pro 2 and I've been looking for a snes emulator or a 64 emulator that might work with the phone all of the ones I've triedpocketnester but it doesn't launch the roms. I was wondering if anyone here has the phone and might have an emulator for it working. I'd greatlyappreciate the help. If anyone has it can you please either post the link for it for pm me the link.

Back
Top Bottom