OFFICIAL: HYPERFUSE THREAD PG1 UPDATED W/ COLORS/RELEASE

Originally Posted by Executive76

Curry has probably rolled/sprained his ankle in every shoe he's worn this year

doesnt look like he has strong ankles because hes done it many many times

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by jzmagic

Did anyone see Steph Curry roll his ankle in his hyperfuses tonight? He pretty much planted his foot and turned outward... Apparently tons of other players have sprained their ankles in these as well. When I wear the hyperfuses, I feel like its not that stable around the heel-midfoot area, a bit too flexible especially for a narrow shoe like this. Might also have to do with lack of lateral traction, because all Curry did was jab step laterally! Now I'm worried I'm gonna sprain my ankle playing in these.
I feel the exact same way.. thats why I ball in brons.

I came in here to post this. The last two times I played in the Hyperfuses I rolled my ankle, and I never have ankle issues. One time I was literally just cutting from side to side and my ankle rolled pretty nastily. I'm gonna give them another chance before I put em away for safety reasons. 
And this had nothing to do with Steph Curry, I found out he was wearing them when he got hurt when I opened this thread just now. 

the thing that surprises me is that there is no mid foot shank.
I feel like you can't even start out any basic basketball shoe with
out a mid foot shank for support...Nike needs to stop cutting so
many damn corners

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Did anyone see Steph Curry roll his ankle in his hyperfuses tonight? He pretty much planted his foot and turned outward... Apparently tons of other players have sprained their ankles in these as well. When I wear the hyperfuses, I feel like its not that stable around the heel-midfoot area, a bit too flexible especially for a narrow shoe like this. Might also have to do with lack of lateral traction, because all Curry did was jab step laterally! Now I'm worried I'm gonna sprain my ankle playing in these.

I came in here to post this. The last two times I played in the Hyperfuses I rolled my ankle, and I never have ankle issues. One time I was literally just cutting from side to side and my ankle rolled pretty nastily. I'm gonna give them another chance before I put em away for safety reasons. 
And this had nothing to do with Steph Curry, I found out he was wearing them when he got hurt when I opened this thread just now. 
Because of Curry's previous ankle roll(i think this is his 4th) he's ankle is weak, reason for the consecutive sprains. Unless he rest this for a while i think he'll roll his ankle what ever shoes he wears. 
frown.gif

Finally got my Westbrook's. They're
pimp.gif

Hyperfuse-Westbrook-PE-02.JPG

Originally Posted by vc8481

Because of Curry's previous ankle roll(i think this is his 4th) he's ankle is weak, reason for the consecutive sprains. Unless he rest this for a while i think he'll roll his ankle what ever shoes he wears. 
frown.gif
Did you even read my post? 

Originally Posted by vc8481

frown.gif
Did you even read my post? 
Yes PersiaFly I read your post. This is just an opinion coming from a medical point of view regarding Curry's injury. It's called Chronic Ankle Instability, this can happen while you are just walking or some times even by just standing. No hate PersiaFly, just trying to share a possible reason for the his condition. Anyway back to the topic...

i know its been 81 pages. but i always pass these wherever i see em in the shops, are they amazing comfort and fit? im thinkin of gettin them...

Does anyone have actual pics of the black/red and the black/daring red colorways? I want to buy these for the holidays but I'm trying to decide if I want these.

nike-zoom-hyperfuse-xdr-black-varsity-red.jpg
vs.
415138-003_1_Nike-Zoom-Hyperfuse-XDR-003-aw-570x380.jpg

How many other people have rolled their ankle in these? Ankle injuries always vary from person to person and situation to situation. Sure we have all heard about the story of the Detroit Pistons' equipment manager swearing that the Hyperizes caused a bunch of foot and ankle injuries, but is this the same for the Hyperfuses? I don't know about that......

Hyperfuse lows are up for preorder on Eastbay.

"The upper on the Nike Zoom Hyperfuse Low basketball shoe features fused technology that combines synthetic material to create a superior composite for the ultimate in lightweight, breathable durability. Lightweight injected Phylon[emoji]8482[/emoji] midsole offers a smooth and comfortable ride. Solid rubber outsole with herringbone traction pattern adds ultimate performance. Wt. 12.4 oz."

Something tells me there's no zoom air at all on this shoe
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom