Official iPad 3 Event Thread (new Apple TV too?)

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

We Gave People an iPad 2, Told Them It Was the New iPad, and They Loved It

Apple's advertising onslaught is already battering down doors and TVs around the nation—you're gonna upgrade to a new iPad whether you like it or not. But based on our little test, most people can't tell the difference anyway.

We figured that if we—enormous nerds who fixate on pixel density—were underwhelmed by the screen, then what about non-gadget geeks? We rounded some coworkers and handed them a "new iPad." The "new iPad" was an iPad 2. They loved the new iPad.

Apple doesn't even need to try anymore.

why are you posting in this thread? unhappy with your xoom?

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by presequel

Coming from the first iPad, this new iPad is amazingly fast. Highly recommend for those who passed on the 2

you would have said the exact thing with the ipad 2.

im glad im not a hypebeast, i love apple but thank god i dont have an actual need/want for the ipad or id be wasting money.

THE NEW IPAD COST THE SAME AMOUNT AS THE IPAD 2 did 2 weeks ago

seriously the ipad 2 is 100 dollars cheaper than the new ipad for a 100 bucks extra would you not want more ram and a twice as good screen?

you guys sound so %##!%++ poor

lot of shade in this thread, if you didn't cop why do you care if others did?

I fully understand why someone who has the iPad 2 wouldn't cop but if you never had a tablet (like myself) I don't see what more you'd really need to convince you to purchase if you got money to spend

question: does anyone know how to access the camera from the lockscreen? On the iphone you just a double click the home button and the icon pops up but it don't work for the iPad
nerd.gif

People who go out of their way to hate on others who cop Apple products basically equate to the people who are undying Apple stans. Both groups look foolish.

Its always the broke people with no money thats usually hating

GET YOUR MONEY UP!

iPad 3 is tough

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by Regal Black

any good cases you guys recommend? Do any of you guys use a screen protector?

Need some suggestions on these as well. I'm playing with mine sans protection. 
ohwell.gif

I posted a link to a great one right above you

seriously can't believe the hate in this thread. bunch of females telling other people what they should or shouldn't buy lol

My first tablet and I love it.

I'm rocking with an incipio smart feather back cover and a polyurethane smart cover. Wasn't going to pick up a smart cover but I had a gift card to best buy. No complaints so far.

Apple's advertising onslaught is already battering down doors and TVs around the nation—you're gonna upgrade to a new iPad whether you like it or not. But based on our little test, most people can't tell the difference anyway.

We figured that if we—enormous nerds who fixate on pixel density—were underwhelmed by the screen, then what about non-gadget geeks? We rounded some coworkers and handed them a "new iPad." The "new iPad" was an iPad 2. They loved the new iPad.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

100 dollars cheaper? Not for all products. I bought the iPad 2 64gb wifi for 450. A new iPad with the same specs is ~740 when tax (!) is included. Do the math. Being 1 generation behind is the best bang for your buck with iPads. You get access to the unparalleled app store and OS while not shelling out the extra money due to the branding and hype. I'll do the same thing next spring. Don't just laugh at the sheep- take advantage of the situation. 

^ Had the Defender for the OG joint. Joint is like the bat suit, I swear. It WILL keep your iPad safe without a doubt. But it also adds a grip of weight to it, too. Using one is definitely a trade off as far as sleekness and portability goes. But if you're worried about keeping it supremely safe, Otterbox is the way to go, IMO. I copped so my kids could use it without me having to supervise their iPad time lol.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

100 dollars cheaper? Not for all products. I bought the iPad 2 64gb wifi for 450. A new iPad with the same specs is ~740 when tax (!) is included. Do the math. Being 1 generation behind is the best bang for your buck with iPads. You get access to the unparalleled app store and OS while not shelling out the extra money due to the branding and hype. I'll do the same thing next spring. Don't just laugh at the sheep- take advantage of the situation. 

the fact that you take advantage of buying the same product the "sheep" are buying but just one generation late, just means that you're a ******ed sheep 
laugh.gif

i dont understand how so many people are obsessed, -ing and crying over how the next person spends their money, if you can't justify spending X amount of money for a newly released product or don't think the specs justify the purchase, then don't buy it.  but the cost/needs for a product is subjective to each person, just worry about yourself, jesus. WOMENNN

1gb of ram upgrade from 512

double upgraded screen resolution

quad core graphics chip

5mp camera

a5x

thats the upgrades, don't see how its the same...and its ios your paying for that

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

quad core graphics chip

5mp camera

a5x

thats the upgrades, don't see how its the same...and its ios your paying for that
all the component "upgrades" are necessary to power the retina display, so the only real improvement is the screen while there is no increase in marginal performance
the camera is a nice upgrade but who the hell uses a tablet to take pictures...insignificant upgrade there because people use phones to take pics

from most important to least important, in comparison to the ipad 2

Pros- great screen resolution, LTE, better camera

cons- more expensive, heavier, apps takes up more space

same- performance, battery life, panel quality, thickness, front camera

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

bruh you dudes is lame, go enjoy app force closes on your xooms

Says the guy who frequents the android thread...c'mon son!

Also but what you like, apple does not care how you got the ipad. They will get their money by you buying apps, mysic, games etc...old or new. Profit margins are on thier minds.

its funny its the same dudes talking down about apple price when android phones are 100 more on contract 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

well retail at least you know you can find them for 1 cent on amazon in a couple weeks

dont let me get started on the aftermarket android products

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

quad core graphics chip

5mp camera

a5x

all the component "upgrades" are necessary to power the retina display, so the only real improvement is the screen while there is no increase in marginal performance
the camera is a nice upgrade but who the hell uses a tablet to take pictures...insignificant upgrade there because people use phones to take pics

from most important to least important, in comparison to the ipad 2

Pros- great screen resolution, LTE, better camera

cons- more expensive, heavier, apps takes up more space

same- performance, battery life, panel quality, thickness, front camera

If someone does not own a tablet right now, they new iPad is still the best bet. Or if they have the first iPad, it's a great upgrade, you will def notice the performance differences.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by HankMoody

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the fact that you take advantage of buying the same product the "sheep" are buying but just one generation late, just means that you're a ******ed sheep 
laugh.gif

i dont understand how so many people are obsessed, -ing and crying over how the next person spends their money, if you can't justify spending X amount of money for a newly released product or don't think the specs justify the purchase, then don't buy it.  but the cost/needs for a product is subjective to each person, just worry about yourself, jesus. WOMENNN

Who said I hate the product buffoon? It's the price I don't like. The price! The latest iPad drops in price when the new one is announced. But then, the price levels out. I'll let others take the "new car" hit.

I would like to apologize to everyone for buying the iPad 3 as my first tablet.

Congrats to Hank on beating the system. Maybe in 2 years you will be able to upgrade when the "new car" hit is over.

So what insurance do you guys recommend? Still haven't bought it thought I would first look into it before buying. Targets insurance was 130 for 2 years, apple care for 80 bucks but I also hear about square trade?

I didn't realize people were this insecure over an iPad purchase. It's not that big of a deal. Let me summarize and get out of the way so people can enjoy their retina displays and indistinguishable performance.

The newest iPad is the best tablet on the market. A lot of this dominance is due to the OS and app store. But all this comes at a big premium. For those looking to maximize on the product, the loyal following and the price, stay one generation behind and upgrade every new release. The secondary market for iPads is very active. For those who want the latest, go right ahead. I never said otherwise. For me, the price is too high but that doesn't mean Apple is wrong for its prices. I'm just pointing out how fertile the secondary market really is. Plus, the upgrade isn't that big of a deal for most people.

Balloon is the one who nonsensically criticized secondary market buyers.

Back
Top Bottom