Official iPad 3 Event Thread (new Apple TV too?)

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I am both an Android (I have the Galaxy Note and the SGSII) and an AAPL fan. I am about to buy an iPad 3. Please suggest some games for me. I have to go away for training for 3 months and I may not bring my PS3 or XBOX 360, and the PS Vita seems kinda half-baked as far as games go. Thank you in advance NT.

in terms of gaming, a dedicated gaming device (with buttons) seems half-baked compared to a tablet with just a touchscreen?

in what world...

Okay So, can we all agree an iPad 3 is a good first tablet, not much of an upgrade from the iPad 2 ? Jesus you #NTers act like women.

As far as games go, I don't like anything that requires buttons, IMO they don't play well at all. I like games like zuma, bejeweled , draw something, UNO, armored strikeI forgot to ask, anyone know a good app to open .pdf and word files?Also what's a good app for quick photo editing like cropping/drawing ?

Originally Posted by MECKS

As far as games go, I don't like anything that requires buttons, IMO they don't play well at all. I like games like zuma, bejeweled , draw something, UNO, armored strike

Well im guessing you mean handheld games right? Not including systems?

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I am both an Android (I have the Galaxy Note and the SGSII) and an AAPL fan. I am about to buy an iPad 3. Please suggest some games for me. I have to go away for training for 3 months and I may not bring my PS3 or XBOX 360, and the PS Vita seems kinda half-baked as far as games go. Thank you in advance NT.
Depends on what you are into they have old RPGs like Chrono Trigger and the OG Final Fantasys in the App Store, also old retro games like Streets of Rage and Sonic (1, 2, and CD) have been ported.

Take a look at toucharcade.com

^^ Thanks bro. By half baked in reference to the Vita, I mean their games seem to be. There is nothing I am interested in except their version of Drake Uncharted as of yet. Plus I'm not paying close to $40 for a portable game, and also the battery life sucks. I leave real gaming to the consoles, and casual gaming to multi-purpose devices like the iPad.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ
why do android dudes spend so much time focusing whats going on with apple?
You sound really insecure.

30t6p3b.gif
people who know me, knows i like both Android devices and apple products....I can focus on anything i want too, its technology...i like good S**t, I'm getting the new gen iPad too.

Originally Posted by airmaxplus

got one as a gift, can someone please explain how to watch avi/mkv files on it?
I just downloaded Handbrake and converted my files into mp4's. Then I import into iTunes, dock and viola. If anyone has an shorter process, please advise.

Download flex player, it's free I believe. I load up avi files without any converting and it plays perfectly. No time converting.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by airmaxplus

got one as a gift, can someone please explain how to watch avi/mkv files on it?
I just downloaded Handbrake and converted my files into mp4's. Then I import into iTunes, dock and viola. If anyone has an shorter process, please advise.
download vlc streamer and stream or copy video from ur pc to your ipad

I bought the 64GB Wifi only model. No need for me to get the 4G LTE...my Galaxy Note has 4G LTE getting upwards to 40Mbps and I'll just tether it to my iPad. So far I am loving the iPad. Screen is amazing. I got the Bamboo stylus for it. Next up is one of these pictured below...It's an aluminum case that has a Btooth keyboard integrated.

logtch-1_island.jpg

I'm waiting for bestbuy to restock 32gb so I can exchange my 16, I just have no idea when they are going to get a restock. I almost said screw it and was going to get a 64 but that just seems a little OD, for my uses at least!

Originally Posted by Al Audi

elder info on that case?
Al Audi, here you go man...$99

logtch-2_island.jpg

http://www.zagg.com/acces...ech-ipad-3-keyboard-caseFeatures
  • Aircraft-grade aluminum with a bead-blasted, anodized finish that matches the new iPad
  • Innovative low profile stand has no moving parts and holds the new iPad securely in either profile or landscape orientation
  • Military grade high-density padding for superior drop protection
  • Stylish, thin and lightweight. Half as thin as most folios for the new iPad
  • Island-style keys engineered to provide maximum typing room
  • Large, flat base allows for use on a soft or uneven surface such as a lap or on a bed
  • Only adds about ⅛" to the new iPad
  • Embedded wireless Bluetooth physical keyboard
  • Special function keys for music control, volume control, slideshow, home, search, etc.
  • Remove the new iPad from your Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG and your iPad automatically wakes up. Place it back and your new iPad goes to sleep.

[h4]Description[/h4]

The perfect companion for the new iPad. The Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG for the new iPad has a thin, eye-catching design that gives your device durable protection, added functionality and style. You'll wonder how you ever used your iPad without one.

The Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG for the new iPad is made from aluminum with a high-grade finish, matching the design, look and feel of today's hottest tablets. Its simple yet innovative hinge provides multiple angles for viewing and typing in both portrait and landscape mode. A built-in physical keyboard allows for fast, responsive typing.

Sleek and stylish design with unique and useful features makes the Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG the essential accessory to buy for the new iPad.

Or this one which is also by ZAGG, you can actually remove the keyboard if needed and it protects the back a little better. Still $99.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]The new Apple iPad keyboard case[/h1][h4] Features >[/h4]

sleekStylish.png
[h5]Sleek and Stylish[/h5]
Created with an ABS hard-shell case wrapped in authentic leather or stylish polyurethane and a durable microfiber interior lining.

builtinStand.png
[h5]Built-in Stand[/h5]
Built-in iPad folio stand is ideal for on-the-go use.

builtinKeyboard.png
[h5]Built-in Keyboard[/h5]
Space-saving keyboard designed for fast and accurate typing, supports the iPad 3 (3rd Gen) in both landscape and portrait orientation. Rechargeable built-in keyboard battery provides months of normal use between charges.

flexibility.png
[h5]Flexibility[/h5]
The removeable iPad keyboard works in combination with the built-in stand to give you the most flexibility of use. Type with the keyboard in, or out of the folio. Or just use the folio alone as a stand.

bluetoothConnect.png
[h5]Bluetooth Connection[/h5]
Easy to connect and easy to use, the Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard allows you to stay connected whether your keyboard is in the iPad 3 (3rd Gen) folio case or not.

specificKeys.png
[h5]iPad 3 (3rd Gen) Specific Keys[/h5]
The iPad 3 (3rd Gen) specific keyboard shortcuts include volume control, music control, home, search, and copy and paste.

if you guys want a Keyboard case look at the Clam Cases pretty much makes your iPad look like a Macbook pro

Whats this about the new ipad having poor wifi reception that people have been complaining about?

How's the wifi working for yall using the new ipad? And does it get too hot to hold? People been saying that also

Good wifi here.. A little hot but nothing crazy..LTE is fast!!!! I'm typing from mine now... Sent from my iPad.

Just bought my lady a 64GB. I was hyping mine up so much she asked for one. Bought it from Andrews Air Force Base for $689 with no Tax since I bought it on a Military base. Electronics with no tax FTW!!! And no I'm not in the military BTW.

the people having problems with it heating up is with the big games like infinity blade 2...also the ipad won't charge if your playing that game

Anybody that uses this for your main blogging tool how do you like it for that? If its been answered my bad just don't feel like going through all these pages.

Back
Top Bottom