+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Crazy how almost every one i know hates the new Jay album,i thought it was very good
Such is this world of online lists and ratings, where people can only either LOVE an album or HATE an album. No inbetweens.

I think the album is good, not great, but ill keep it on the ipod because who wouldn't rather listen to this compared to radio BS if they wanna listen to new rap music

Crazy how almost every one i know hates the new Jay album,i thought it was very good
Such is this world of online lists and ratings, where people can only either LOVE an album or HATE an album. No inbetweens.

I think the album is good, not great, but ill keep it on the ipod because who wouldn't rather listen to this compared to radio BS if they wanna listen to new rap music
Real talk. In this day and age if there are 2 or 3 subpar tracks on an album its trash. Very little middle ground in hiphop nowadays.

I don't care what any yall _'s say PART 2 is my ****.
nthat.gif
Joint SMACKS in the whip doin' 110 with the ride or die

That Juve flow was sick too
after i read the juve flow stuff in here nd went bk and listened i was 
eek.gif

something as small as paying homage to juve, plus doing it in such a slick way was just 
sick.gif
...really changed how i view that song..
Still wear Forces like it's nothing.

Don't let these "trendy" types fool you.
TELL EM!!! 

ill slap on some all whites on a summer day EARLY !! DC's like wheat timbs out here, if you clean nd doing it right, you look sick...plus theyre d boy staples so they aint never really go away...just wasnt 'trendy' like the homie ilphilip said..

Real talk. In this day and age if there are 2 or 3 subpar tracks on an album its trash. Very little middle ground in hiphop nowadays.

These days people WANT to HATE the album. It's just the times we live in. People see everything in such a negative light.

That's why it's really amazing that Kendrick was able to put together an album that the majority loves. I really says alot.

Because these days it's the cool thing to hate stuff. That's just how it is.

Like everybody is saying that the album isn't lyrical. Then you get dudes that actually show that certain songs are and it either gets ignored or they try to downplay the lyrics. It's no point.

Because we live in a time where all you need is a beat and a hook to succeed.

But not everybody gets that pass. And it's crazy because some of the same dudes that's saying they don't like the album. Only listen to trash... Riding around there city with French Montana crankin or Keef. Or any of these trash rappers today. But have the nerve to call something trash. It's crazy

A double entendre doesn't have to be an entire phrase.
So you were back in to Jay-Z way back when you were 10 :lol:

Actually Stan, I was.

Let's do the math.

I'm 26 years old. I joined NT in 2001; when I was 14. I chose 'Animal Thug' as my screen name, because I was into Capone-N-Noreaga at the time (to be fair, my OG head Fatback gave me that nickname because he would catch me quoting CNN lines at the park I used to be at, and I was a gun on the court when I played ball, and the older heads would scream "put the AK away Animal Thug" every time I shot the ball). But damn, at 14 I was into CNN?! But I wasn't into Jay-Z 4 years prior?? :lol: it required a sharper mind to listen to CNN's hostile and raw raps back in 2000 than it did listening to The Dynasty, which was very simple and required little to no intricate listening.....so what else you going to try to fire at me bruh.

I'm from the Hood fam. Zip code 44102. Look that up. I'm not some kid that stumbled upon rap on accident, it was put upon me by default because the people I looked up to during my youth forced me to listen rappers like Big Pun, Big L, Nas, Jay, Mobb Deep, CNN, etc....hence my NT chosen when I was 14.

A 14-year old like me chose a name like Animal Thug as my NT to represent who I was....that there alone shows you how embedded I was into Hip-Hop at a very young age.

But enough about me, back to the topic at hand.

No more BB-shots though Stan, those BB bullets can't reach me from where you're at :wink:

Actually Stan, I was.

Let's do the math.

I'm 26 years old. I joined NT in 2001; when I was 14. I chose 'Animal Thug' as my screen name, because I was into Capone-N-Noreaga at the time (to be fair, my OG head Fatback gave me that nickname because he would catch me quoting CNN lines at the park I used to be at, and I was a gun on the court when I played ball, and the older heads would scream "put the AK away Animal Thug" every time I shot the ball). But damn, at 14 I was into CNN?! But I wasn't into Jay-Z 4 years prior?? :lol: it required a sharper mind to listen to CNN's hostile and raw raps back in 2000 than it did listening to The Dynasty, which was very simple and required little to no intricate listening.....so what else you going to try to fire at me bruh.

I'm from the Hood fam. Zip code 44102. Look that up. I'm not some kid that stumbled upon rap on accident, it was put upon me by default because the people I looked up to during my youth forced me to listen rappers like Big Pun, Big L, Nas, Jay, Mobb Deep, CNN, etc....hence my NT chosen when I was 14.

A 14-year old like me chose a name like Animal Thug as my NT to represent who I was....that there alone shows you how embedded I was into Hip-Hop at a very young age.

No more BB-shots though Stan, those BB bullets can't reach me from where you're at :wink:

[yawns]

Angry and defensive :lol:

I could care less about your biography or zip code kid. You're a name on a message board that's said a bunch of nonsense. Instead of telling me what you know about rap, you're supposed to show and prove. Instead you've done the exact opposite.

My favorite line, I was born in Brooklyn. :lol:

I'm going to start saying I grew up with Cam and Mase, so that means I have to like them :lol:

Sorry I hurt your feelings b

Tell you what I know about rap :lol:

You ask me if I was into Jay at 10, I tell you yes and explain why and how....and now you're offended because you thought you were the only Jay-Z intricate listener on Niketalk..

Kick rocks b.

Last edited:
Actually Stan, I was.

Let's do the math.

I'm 26 years old. I joined NT in 2001; when I was 14. I chose 'Animal Thug' as my screen name, because I was into Capone-N-Noreaga at the time (to be fair, my OG head Fatback gave me that nickname because he would catch me quoting CNN lines at the park I used to be at, and I was a gun on the court when I played ball, and the older heads would scream "put the AK away Animal Thug" every time I shot the ball). But damn, at 14 I was into CNN?! But I wasn't into Jay-Z 4 years prior??
laugh.gif
it required a sharper mind to listen to CNN's hostile and raw raps back in 2000 than it did listening to The Dynasty, which was very simple and required little to no intricate listening.....so what else you going to try to fire at me bruh.

No more BB-shots though Stan, those BB bullets can't reach me from where you're at
wink.gif
[yawns]

Angry and defensive
laugh.gif

I could care less about your biography or zip code kid. You're a name on a message board that's said a bunch of nonsense. Instead of telling me what you know about rap, you're supposed to show and prove. Instead you've done the exact opposite.

My favorite line, I was born in Brooklyn.
laugh.gif

I'm going to start saying I grew up with Cam and Mase, so that means I have to like them
laugh.gif

Sorry I hurt your feelings b
going way too hard.

Still cant get over how bad BBC is.

This isn't hyperbole, but does anyone else feel like Pharrell (solo) is an overrated producer?
Always felt that way since he started putting out solo material without Chad. Stuff just sounds lazy, one dimensional, unfinished. Very amateur-ish and boring. 

I sum it up like this, If you have 16 tracks on an album and there is 8 solid tracks then album your album is just ok. Its good or great if you have 13 or more solid tracks. this album is mediocre.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom