Official Jazz thread

Esperanza Spalding - Junjo - Junjo & I Can't Help It (Michael Jackson cover)

One of the most gifted & beautiful women in entertainment....

Last edited:
This is interesting... 

An HQ 6 GB (!?) upload of Kind of Blue... didn't know you could upload files that big onto Youtube.  Still, don't think I can tell the difference on the mini-hifi unit I'm using right now.

JJ Johnson - Viscosity

Love, love, love this song...JJJ playing that 'bone....Yesirr...Great album....

Last edited:
Oooo... I like that JJ Johnson cut... and I don't have that album! 

Anywho, some Sonny Rollins for this Friday. A medley.

Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmastime Is Here (instrumental & vocal)

Yes, playing before Thanksgiving...Happy holidays to everyone...

Last edited:
Are there any other jazz Christmas albums?
I already have "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

Happy Holidays Wes...Here's a few you can look into...All should be available on iTunes...

- Ella Fitzgerald - Ella Wishes You A Swinging Christmas
- Jimmy Smith - A Cookin' Christmas
- Jazz For Joy - A Verve Christmas Album
- Diana Krall - Christmas Song
- Wynton Marsalis - Crescent City Christmas (or Jazz Jam Christmas)
- Various Artists - Jazz Christmas (Village Square Label, released 2008, has red & gold Christmas balls on the cover with sky bluish back round...
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - Sound Of Christmas
-Tony Bennett - The Classic Christmas Album

Last edited:
I was saving my Christmas choices for later this month! But if you must! 
smokin.gif

My all-time fav Christmas album...

Last edited:
Wow, didn't know there was such a strong Jazz thread on the forum, can't wait to run through this. Wanted to come in and shout my favorite album of 2012 - Ahmad Jamal's Blue Moon.

^ Not many of us in here, but think the boys do a fine job holding down the fort!

Anyway, continuing... Vince Guaraldi's Christmas Time Is Here is also one of my favs as well... 

While I'm not sure if this is really a "Christmas" song, I definitely think it's got that feel to it...

Wow, didn't know there was such a strong Jazz thread on the forum, can't wait to run through this. Wanted to come in and shout my favorite album of 2012 - Ahmad Jamal's Blue Moon.

What's up new blood. Good to see some new heads in Wes' thread....Love that Ahmad Jamal album...

Bobbi Humphrey - Blacks and Blues

Some more soul jazz....The piano on this track is soooo dope....

Last edited:
I know psk has posted a lot of Yukimi. Has this song been posted?
Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving, I'm stuck here in Montgomery at my Aunts house just rummaging through youtube looking for new music.

R.I.P. Austin Peralta, young piano prodigy of Brainfeeder fame. He was 22

Check out his Endless Planets album if you haven't, awesome music

Last edited:
Also, the site rappamelo.com is renovating and dude is taking down all the links he had. They're still up for now, so if you want a bunch of free great jazz music I suggest you raid the site asap before they get taken down:

http://archive.rappamelo.com/

Austin City Limits - Esperanza Spalding & Madeleine Peyrou

Glad romney/ryan lost so PBS can stick around. Austin City Limits is one of the best programs to watch artists of all types of genres play live...

Back
Top Bottom