OFFICIAL Jordan Retro 4 "Toro 4s" - AFTERMATH (NO Buying/Selling/Trading)

Will You Cop The Toro 4s?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Double Up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There was one person one here (don't remember the name) who swore by spraying Krylon Matte Finish on the midsoles and he said stopped the paint from chipping. I sprayed my 4s and 8s, but I have yet to wear them.

I wish my BC 4s weren't chipped, :smh: . Only wore them about 15 times since release day last year.

Yeah I've seen some that chip like crazy after the first time people wear them. My thunders chipped after one wear and get worse every time I wear them.

Never heard of ways to prevent chipping, 3's and 4's are always gonna have this problem.

Weigh as much as a grade schooler.
I used to wonder why my og ones never cracked, and then realized I weigh 4 times more now.

Finally get my hands on these. These r fire!!!! The red is so rich! Quality wise is pretty good too, nothing to complaint about. The construction on these seems better than last year 4s. Very glad to have these, happy!!!

Right, mine has creasing too. Maybe we don't walk like penguins.

Ha ha! I really don't care if they crease. You're right tho, I've seen people walk like penguins to prevent creasing. But I guess it depends on what you're doing. I walked about 1.5 miles the first day in them and about a 1/2 a mile the second time.

Last edited:
I'm extremely selective when it comes to buying Jordans and I almost exclusively buy original colors only. But these right here... these made me come out of retirement. Not even 5 seconds after I saw the first images of these I knew I had to have them. I'm not sure what others think about these but I believe they are instant classics and easily top 5 greatest Jordan IVs of all time. So glad Nike created these. The quality is not too bad at all either! So glad to own them.

I'm wit you bro, I jus stick to the OG colorways, the flipping of colors for the same shoe is for the new generation, but... These Toros got me thinkin twice. Once I seen them on feet in person... Geez, I shoulda copped for retail.. Those Fear IVs comin up lookin tough too!

Exactly what I do...I haven't worn these, black grapes or 11 lows

Great strategy, but speaking from experience, crack open those Grapes and 11s ASAP. U can't hold em down cuz of the icy parts of the sole.. They'll yellow by the time ur ready to rock em.. As for the Toros, u good to stash em till u ready. That red mesh means an eternity.. And I kno Nike hates that!!

^^ So y'all only like OG colorways?

What about:
Cool Grey 3s
Cool Grey 4s
Mist Blue 4s
Lightning 4s
Thunder 4s
numerous 5s
Chrome 8s
numerous 9s
numerous 10s
Any 11 lows
numerous 12s
numerous 13s
and numerous 14s?

Not to mention 15s and up

^^ So y'all only like OG colorways?

What about:
Cool Grey 3s
Cool Grey 4s
Mist Blue 4s
Lightning 4s
Thunder 4s
numerous 5s
Chrome 8s
numerous 9s
numerous 10s
Any 11 lows
numerous 12s
numerous 13s
and numerous 14s?

Not to mention 15s and up
Or toro IVs :rolleyes

Maybe if you read their comments....

And some of the colorways you mentioned are trash, were when they released, and are now.

Last edited:
I tend to only wear Game worn Js (while he was on the bulls) only exceptions are when they have to do with something with him or what he did in his career I.e. cavs 4, celtics 1, suns 8, Gmp 7s laney 5s etc makes it easier to pass on random cws that have nothing to do with anything and my collection is more quality than quantity tho I do have a lot of both lol

I tend to only wear Game worn Js (while he was on the bulls) only exceptions are when they have to do with something with him or what he did in his career I.e. cavs 4, celtics 1, suns 8, Gmp 7s laney 5s etc makes it easier to pass on random cws that have nothing to do with anything and my collection is more quality than quantity tho I do have a lot of both lol

Maybe it's a stretch but you could technically relate these to MJ and his career (and his style of play also)

I passed at first for the shadows could've got both but got wrestling tickets for raw before hand. I regret not getting them but I'll pick them up later on. I can relate this to Mj and his career because if you remember SI had a cover of jordan in the black cements during "the shot" game saying Raging Bull. And the original raging bull pack was supposed to be for jordan scoring 69 on again the cavs lol but yea I have no prob with the toro theme ill cop when the hype dies down

I passed at first for the shadows could've got both but got wrestling tickets for raw before hand. I regret not getting them but I'll pick them up later on. I can relate this to Mj and his career because if you remember SI had a cover of jordan in the black cements during "the shot" game saying Raging Bull. And the original raging bull pack was supposed to be for jordan scoring 69 on again the cavs lol but yea I have no prob with the toro theme ill cop when the hype dies down

Wrestling fan too? That's wussup! :smokin

Yea man never stopped watching from when I was in elementary school lol only 22 now but yea CM Punk is my favorite. I'm also Straight Edge as well

Right, mine has creasing too. Maybe we don't walk like penguins.
or maybe some of us actually buy our true size so they don't crease
eyes.gif

but if you weigh alot, your shoes are gonna crease no matter what so i can see that as another reason for those who have creasing problems.

Yea man never stopped watching from when I was in elementary school lol only 22 now but yea CM Punk is my favorite. I'm also Straight Edge as well

Lol I feel you bro. I'm 21 and I still tune in every single Monday and Friday night. Never gets old haha

or maybe some of us actually buy our true size so they don't crease :rolleyes
but if you weigh alot, your shoes are gonna crease no matter what so i can see that as another reason for those who have creasing problems.

Shoes are shoes. I'm pretty sure they're going to crease eventually, regardless of how you walk or how much you weigh, or what size you get. And I'm no physics wiz, but I think weight contributes more to midsole cracking and chipping than it does to toebox creasing. I could easily be wrong though. Just my 2 cents

I bought the spenco insoles to hopefully prevent cracking. I do recommend them though, there real comfortable. My fire red and bred 4s both cracked but I wore my military's the most, like 40 something times and they still haven't!

I bought the spenco insoles to hopefully prevent cracking. I do recommend them though, there real comfortable. My fire red and bred 4s both cracked but I wore my military's the most, like 40 something times and they still haven't!
Cool, do they change the fit of the shoe? I would think they would fit a bit snugger because of the size of those insoles. Thinking about scooping some for my 3s and 4s.
Or toro IVs :rolleyes

Maybe if you read their comments....

And some of the colorways you mentioned are trash, were when they released, and are now.
Okay...

Cool, do they change the fit of the shoe? I would think they would fit a bit snugger because of the size of those insoles. Thinking about scooping some for my 3s and 4s.
Okay...
I use Spenco's Cross Training insoles in all of my 4s - not for any reason having to do with "cracking", but really because of the improved fit.  Because the heel is so thick, it raises my foot in the shoe and lowers the height of the collar relative to my ankle - makes it 100% more comfortable for me.  Also, the thicker insole fills up the "empty space" that I have in the forefoot in all my 4s, so all around I get a better fit.  None of my 2012 or newer pairs of 4s have started cracked yet, but I don't know if it has to do any with my using the replacement insoles.  Like I said, I use them for the fit and not to possibly prevent any cracking.

Javier

Okay...
I use Spenco's Cross Training insoles in all of my 4s - not for any reason having to do with "cracking", but really because of the improved fit.  Because the heel is so thick, it raises my foot in the shoe and lowers the height of the collar relative to my ankle - makes it 100% more comfortable for me.  Also, the thicker insole fills up the "empty space" that I have in the forefoot in all my 4s, so all around I get a better fit.  None of my 2012 or newer pairs of 4s have started cracked yet, but I don't know if it has to do any with my using the replacement insoles.  Like I said, I use them for the fit and not to possibly prevent any cracking.

Javier
I use those same insoles for my ball shoes and they're amazing. Definitely helps to fill some empty space like in the toebox and they are extremely comfortable. Do they still sell those at Champs? I got my last pair over a year ago.

^Yup, Champs, Foot Locker... I've seen them for cheaper at Dunham's Sporting Goods (not sure if they have any in your area. I get a pair of these whenever I need to "lift" my foot in a shoe.

Javier

They make the fit better, its alittle more snug but ALLOT more comfortable. I recommend picking them up there like $18 on amazon including shipping.

Back
Top Bottom