Official: Jordan Retro IV Oreo Thread 2/21/2015 (UPDATES ON PG 1)

Or... What if I told you, I just wanted to see why you didn't like it because I was genuinely curious...  :wow:  

Color blocking? Materials?

I'm not someone who's gonna argue with your genuine feelings... jeez

I apologize. I interpreted the ":smh:" in your original question to me as a sign of displeasure towards my opinion, so my immediate reaction was to just kill the convo because it wouldn't go anywhere and I don't really do debates that I don't see a point to.

To answer your question, I don't like the colorblocking. I prefer the original colorblocking it had, but I didn't LOVE either so I would've passed regardless. My main qualm with them would have to be that they've been dubbed "Oreos" and as someone who REALLY, REALLY holds the 1999 Retro+ Oreos in high regard, it's irksome.

I apologize. I interpreted the "
mean.gif
" in your original question to me as a sign of displeasure towards my opinion, so my immediate reaction was to just kill the convo because it wouldn't go anywhere and I don't really do debates that I don't see a point to.

To answer your question, I don't like the colorblocking. I prefer the original colorblocking it had, but I didn't LOVE either so I would've passed regardless. My main qualm with them would have to be that they've been dubbed "Oreos" and as someone who REALLY, REALLY holds the 1999 Retro+ Oreos in high regard, it's irksome.

laugh.gif
 My b... I'm guilty in abusing the "
mean.gif
" face way too much... even when it's not needed. lol. 

Looking at your viewpoint. I could see why. I'm not sure what the original color blocking looked like, but as a personal owner, I think the colorway is VERY plain, which is a good thing for me. I'm not a big fan of those 3lab5 gammas for example. Don't have a pair of the 99 Oreo IVs but I can only guess the quality on it was awesome. So having people dirtying the name would get me heated too.

:lol:  My b... I'm guilty in abusing the ":smh: " face way too much... even when it's not needed. lol. 

Looking at your viewpoint. I could see why. I'm not sure what the original color blocking looked like, but as a personal owner, I think the colorway is VERY plain, which is a good thing for me. I'm not a big fan of those 3lab5 gammas for example. Don't have a pair of the 99 Oreo IVs but I can only guess the quality on it was awesome. So having people dirtying the name would get me heated too.

We both started this conversation off wrong :lol:

Turns out that when I was thinking of the Green Glow IVs actually when I was talking about liking the initial sample better, but still neither would've been bought under any circumstances.

I can absolutely understand the appeal of simple (plain almost sounds like an insult) colorways since I prefer them as well (wouldn't wear those Gamma Lab ****s if you paid me :lol:), but the simplicity didn't really do it for me here.

The fact that I don't own the '99 pair myself (one of my friends does, and the quality is indeed A1) is actually the main reason these Fear IV's being given the same nickname is annoying to me. Every time I look for Oreos, my search results are filled with Fears. Automatically turned an alright colorway that I just don't want into a real eyesore.

Last edited:
Yeah right, I'll believe it when I see it.

QfT...

These early samples are made of the highest craftsmanship and materials. (How many are produced?)
There is a reason why samples are made in another factory.
When the factories do churn out the final product, will they look/feel like that sample?

Probably not, and I won't hold my breath.

So I guess you're not saying that :lol:. Took your comment as you complaining that your collection will be worthless, my bad :smokin

Ohh no I get flamed all the time on here for bashing the "good quality" Js. Because the slight improvement they made between 2012 and 2013 is acceptable to most NTers.

I am selective with my Js. If the quality is bad then back to the store on 99% of Js don't care how long I have been waiting for the retro

so i read the article

my thing is if we are going to remaster a product to og standards can we get everything og including the branding

because if the cement 4's drop i want nike air on my heel tab personally ...not a deal breaker.. just a preference

glad they bringing those first retro + colorways back

I remember a lot of people passing on these in 99 because of the Jumpman in the back and they way the tongue didn't have the OG "flight" tag. The Oreo 4s were 75% off everywhere. Now people are going to paying $200 and up for them and have no problem with it. Ironic.

But you don't remember half the people who collected back then moved on, and there's a entire new demographic of enthusiasts. Said the same with the Royals.

IDK where to post this but according to the several sneaker fb groups I am a part of the price increase will indeed be 10-15% :smh:

The oreo and columbia 4s are a good look. Hope to see 99 quality bred/cement 4s complete with everything real soon too. The 10s look sick with the cement bottoms!!! Price hike sucks but with all things considered very understandable.

Last edited:
But you don't remember half the people who collected back then moved on, and there's a entire new demographic of enthusiasts. Said the same with the Royals.

I keep saying this. These words fall on deaf ears. Nike isnt doing this for their fraction of a percent of customers over 35 who still buy x amount of shoes a year. They are doing it for the new guys

This price hike BS is getting on my nerves man. I'ma be mad if the leather feels like that crap they put on white/black forces now.

I keep saying this. These words fall on deaf ears. Nike isnt doing this for their fraction of a percent of customers over 35 who still buy x amount of shoes a year. They are doing it for the new guys
of course they are. the new guys are the ones who came in and proved they would drop these crazy amounts on retros like it's nothing. nike just wants to get as much money out of them as they can

i hear cool grey 4s are coming back too, those are getting copped fo sho

oreos im still iffy on esp if they release black cements with na

Back
Top Bottom