OFFICIAL JUICING THREAD (NOT THAT TYPE OF JUICING)

Good luck homie, those naked juices are high in sugar I believe. Keep strong I'll be in the same boat next week homie.

Good luck homie, those naked juices are high in sugar I believe. Keep strong I'll be in the same boat next week homie.

Yeah they've got 26g of sugar so I didn't even count yesterday but that's all I had until I was able to go grocery shopping last night. I'll keep y'all updated as often as possible.

Yeah they've got 26g of sugar so I didn't even count yesterday but that's all I had until I was able to go grocery shopping last night. I'll keep y'all updated as often as possible.

You starting out with a juice fast/detox?

For dudes who eat meals while juicing what does a typical day look like to you meal and juice wise?

Do you guys store your juice?

I've been looking online and all the websites ive stumbled on say not to.

Ia was thinkin maybe use a mason jar? And it wouldn't be very long. 7-8 hours at the most.

Any suggestions?

Although I started yesterday with some naked juice, today is my first official day with my juicing! Really nervous and excited at the same time to see how this goes. My gf is doing this with me so I'll have her to keep me in check and I'll do the same for her. Weighed in at 271(was at 212 last summer) and I plan on taking this one week at a time but i wanna do the entire two months!! Will be working out as well so we shall see how this goes....wish me luck fellas!
I know youve probably already heard this, but you need to stay away from those naked juices. Juices that you make at home last about 72 hours in your fridge. Naked juices last longer than that and the reason is because they have chemicals in them to help their shelf life. Once you start with your juicing, you'll be able to taste the freshness of your juices compared to naked juice. And I hope you dont go back to naked juices after.

Good luck with your juicing. 60 days is a long time. I said I wanted to do 60 also but after 2 weeks, I knew that 30 days was my limit. Its very difficult to do but if you have the will power then more power to ya.

If you already started your juicing, remember to drink a lot of water and try to stay away from tv because of the commercials. When you get cravings, try to distract your self by reading, walking, exercising etc.

Make sure you keep your girl on check and your girl keeps you on check. Good luck to both of you.

Just gonna juice for 30 days although I'm shooting for 60. How long did you juice for before you started incorporating solids back into your meals djaward djaward
I did 30 days straight. I began eating very light after day 30. I ate fruit, veggies, nuts and salad with homemade dressing, almost like a vegan. I didnt eat any meats until 3 days later (I ate fish and shrimp) and got sick. Then I cut back on all meats for a bit. Definitely gave up anything that contains FLOUR in it and unhealthy CARBS. And the serving size was very small, something a toddler would eat. I kept juicing though, actually i havent stopped juicing since I began. Ive probably skipped a day or two but definitely got back on.

So when youre done with your 30 days, dont celebrate and treat yourself to a Burger or a Steak, try going vegan instead (just for a bit). Then you can start eating the meats BUT LEAN MEATS ONLY. Nothing with fat and grease in it.

Hope this info helps, and good luck to you.

For dudes who eat meals while juicing what does a typical day look like to you meal and juice wise?
After Juicing I cut out all the bad crap I used to eat. Some people think I still eat very little and should eat more. I think Im fine and this is what I eat.

Breakfast-
I drink a juice that contains 2 Oranges, 4 Carrots, a thumb size piece of Ginger, 1 Green apple.
Along with that I eat
An Apple cut into 8 pieces
2 Tsp of Natural peanut butter. The ingredients in the peanut butter are Nuts and 1% of Salt, thats it.
1 piece of WHOLE GRAIN toast

Lunch-
1 piece of chicken breast
Mixed grilled veggies that contains zucchini, bell peppers and broccoli.
or
Rotisserie chicken with Salad
Or
Turkey meat patties with veggies

Dinner-
I drink a juice that contains Kale, Spinach, Celery, Thumb size of Ginger, 2 green apples and 3 Cucumbers.
Sometimes I eat dinner with the fam like Turkey patties with veggies or chicken and veggies. I try not to eat at night because I hate eating late.

Through out the day Im drinking a lot of water too......

I know Im supposed to be eating six meals but that crap is hard to do. Let me know what you guys think.

FYI, Bed Bath & Beyond has all these juicers and getting a 20% off coupon is pretty simple.

Kind of upset, bought a Ninja from amazon and they STILL haven't shipped yet.
could have picked it up in person for $18 cheaper!

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/bedbathandbeyond.com
But Ninja is a blender right? or a juicer?

Ia was thinkin maybe use a mason jar? And it wouldn't be very long. 7-8 hours at the most.

Any suggestions?
You can store your juice for up to 72 hours in the fridge. Make sure you store in a sealed glass Mason Jar. I wouldnt recommend storing anything longer than 72 hours though.

I had a bad juice this past weekend and it was not good.

Any suggestions?

I read that you shouldn't store the juice, but if you do try not to use clear glass/jars because light can "destroy" the nutrition. I would say maybe a thermos or something would be better. However they don't recommend you storing it at all.

2 days in and I'm def feeling pretty good but it hasn't been easy! Gonna see how I feel after two weeks and see if I wanna go the full month or juice everyday but have a tiny, healthy meal during my day. Def not easy and it's been testing my willpower like no other.

About to order the smallest Breville model tomorrow. Will start a cleanse next week but I'll probably be eating some grilled chicken for dinner along with a protein shake sometime through out the day. This will still be a huge improvement from what I eat now so I should cut some weight for sure/ feel better.

Copped a NutriBullet. Works great. Greens, Carrots, Cashews, Pistachios, Almonds, Banana, Whey and Water. No chunks 
smokin.gif

Broke down and bought a juicer last night, started the cleanse this morning.

View media item 913401

Wish me luck fams, I'm gonna need it :smh:
Good luck bro. Whats in that juice?

2 days in and I'm def feeling pretty good but it hasn't been easy! Gonna see how I feel after two weeks and see if I wanna go the full month or juice everyday but have a tiny, healthy meal during my day. Def not easy and it's been testing my willpower like no other.
Its definitely hard man. And again, just take your mind off of food by doing something else. If you stay sitting down thinking about food, youre gonna eat food.

Try a week straight and see how that goes, But try it without eating anything.

Thanks for the tip ab robeks djaward djaward the evergreen juice was legit!! View media item 913481
That evergreen is the joint. But you can ask them to make you the juice of your choice too. I have asked them to do my morning juice a few times.

Oranges
Beets
Carrots
Lemon
Ginger

Just checking in since it's been a few weeks since I stopped the fast.

Weight still down and pants still do not fit. :lol:

You keep the weight off, bro's.
Congrats man, feels good doesnt it? I havent gained a pound and I still have a lot of energy, especially when I wake up.

My wife tells me my clothes look nasty on me now and I NEED NEW CLOTHES.

About to order the smallest Breville model tomorrow. Will start a cleanse next week but I'll probably be eating some grilled chicken for dinner along with a protein shake sometime through out the day. This will still be a huge improvement from what I eat now so I should cut some weight for sure/ feel better.
Changing the way you eat will definitely help you out a lot. Cut out all the bad and start bringing in all the good. And the healty food doest taste that bad either.

We've just programed our mind to make us think food is suppose to taste a certain way. Hope it all works out for you.

Copped a NutriBullet. Works great. Greens, Carrots, Cashews, Pistachios, Almonds, Banana, Whey and Water. No chunks :smokin
Wow that sounds great. But is this a smoothie or a juice?

Holy crap djaward djaward you look like a totally different person, good job man!
Thank you man, really appreciate it. it feels good looking like this but again, I dont see the difference when I have my shirt off. I have a long way to go

This is the best thing that I've ever read on NT. Well done!

I'm not in the same boat as you (weight wise) to start off with - but I've had a life filled with processed, cheesy foods. I'm 5'7 161 lbs right now. In high school I was about 105, in first few years of college around 125, and peaked at the end of college at about 145. My first year of full-time work killed me. I got up to 180. Over the past few years I've managed to get back to about 161. I look pretty decent right now. I don't expect (nor want) to be skinny. I just want to get that swimmer body. Genetically, it's tough for me. My extra fat goes all to my stomach. The rest of me, face, arms, etc look nice and toned. Belly looks like I'm pregnant sometimes. On a skinnyish person that is a horrible look lol.

I've decided it is time to drop those final 10-15 pounds and get to my fighting weight of about 145.

I've started doing sprints. At this point cardio is useless for me. I play bball for 3+ hours no problem...but it doesn't help me lose weight. I need to somewhat shock my system. It's too used to my processed lifestyle.

Going to do the juice fast for 5 days, and follow the recommendations on that rebootwithjoe website

Reboot Daily Guide
Wake up: 8 oz (250 ml) hot water with lemon
and/or ginger
Breakfast : Go Orange or Red
Mid-Morning: Drink 16 oz (500 ml) coconut water
Lunch: Go Green
Afternoon snack: Go Yellow or Red
Dinner: Go Green
Dessert: Go Purple or Orange
Bedtime: Drink herbal tea
Throughout the day: Drink lots of water

Going to try and add in my workout in the evenings still. It's not too intense...just pullups, pushups, dips, and 8 sprints at 50%.

Any suggestions on how to deal with cravings? I have such weak will power. I could do without everything, but those thoughts of pizza kill me. I'm an addict.

Going on week 4 on Tuesday.  To be honest I don't think I will never stop juicing.  I will eventually eat again but not to the same extent at all.

pimp.gif

Shout out to Djaward and everybody who have contributed to this thread.

Cheers

Wow. This is so hard. I'm dying. First day...it's 4 pm right now. Want pizza so bad.

Okay, so for this 5 day reboot it involves making like 5 different juices a day. Do you take apart/wash the juicer and the parts after making each juice?

Back
Top Bottom