OFFICIAL JUNE '13 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The folks at Riverhead are cool treat them well on the phone. I usually go to Deer Park but LI was getting smacked with the storm. They also had the green and white Revis for $70 and Hyperfoams in blue I think in various sizes on the hash wall. I didn't catch a price for them. 

View media item 449125Picked these up for $29.97 at the Houston Premium Outlets. Got the gold laces with a 5 finger discount off a pair of P.Rod 2.5s that've been sitting on the Zumies clearance shelf.

Oh you're that dude huh? We resorting to jacking $2.00-3.00 laces now? :smh:

I hate seeing missing laces from potential kicks I want to cop at the outlet.

Just a small rant here.......  haven't been to any outlet in a minute, but was near one yesterday so decided to stop in.  Not only did they have NOTHING worth ANYTHING, but the prices are ridiculous.  A couple of AM 1's caught my eye (Pimentos and black suede premiums), but the price was higher than Finish Line sale/clearance prices!  Those GITD 180's were there... for $99.99!  Some Mercurial Vapor soccer cleats (not Superflys) ... for $199.99!  Are you kidding me??  What happened to the days when I picked up the MV soccer cleats for $49.99, and there were lots of good shoes for $49, $59 and $69. SMH at Nike...........     
Been saying this for a minute. You use to be able to get a few pairs of shoes out the outlet for 100.00 plus taxes but now outlets are basically selling at retail sale/discount prices versus blowout pricing the use to have.

Been saying this for a minute. You use to be able to get a few pairs of shoes out the outlet for 100.00 plus taxes but now outlets are basically selling at retail sale/discount prices versus blowout pricing the use to have.

Pricing across the board as a company is higher on every front. Regarding outlets, that's not really the direction anymore (just give it all away). Factory stores, especially after the gradual remodels rolling out, are a hybrid of inline retailer and outlet. If your're expecting bargain basement prices you should be doing so at a clearance store only.

As far as items being on sale cheaper at an inline retailer, it's easier and logical for a FNL to price a $160 shoe @ $79 because company wide they may be sitting on only 300 units nationwide, whereas a NFS may get 150 alone per each store. Test the consumer's ceiling with an initial $130-140 price point then get more elastic with promotions &markdowns if they aren't selling. Your liquidation strategy is much more aggressive to just knock out a one or two hundred as opposed to liquidate thousands of pairs

Last edited:
I'm going to disagree with you and keep it quick and simple. Price points have changed because of the current state of the sneaker game. Nobody (As in Nike) watched the demand for specific kicks before in the past and now they have assigned people in allocation. Outlets were made to move product because they have PLENTY of it believe me. Perfect example Lebron IX "Blackout". Nike sat on tons of them after giving them away on clearance from NDC and super markdowns in outlets across the U.S. Lebron became even hotter than He was and BOOM!!!! When they re-drop at outlets $139.99.

http://www.sneakersteal.com

Price points continue to go higher in outlets because Nike is seekin to become a $25 billion dollar company by the end of 2015 as well..

I think both points have validity but I've understood Nike's strategy to be much like what d e beatup described, all hinging back to when Nike and Venator/FL fell out years ago. It was understood then that Nike didn't want to fall into that situation again (where they relied on retailers) and they shifted their focus on how they treated their retail doors across the US. That's why factory stores stock better products now, have a different, more polished look, etc.

As far as the liquidation strategies go, I can't really speak on that. But I wouldn't find it hard to believe that Nike still has a lot of certain models still sitting back.

I'm going to disagree with you and keep it quick and simple. Price points have changed because of the current state of the sneaker game. Nobody (As in Nike) watched the demand for specific kicks before in the past and now they have assigned people in allocation. Outlets were made to move product because they have PLENTY of it believe me. Perfect example Lebron IX "Blackout". Nike sat on tons of them after giving them away on clearance from NDC and super markdowns in outlets across the U.S. Lebron became even hotter than He was and BOOM!!!! When they re-drop at outlets $139.99.

I'm not arguing with/against you, I'm giving you the perspective from the other lens. There are about 160+ Factory/Clearance stores, most of which will see the Global 2.0 remodel, which like I mentioned is part of a long term goal to bridge the gap between traditional outlet and inline experience. With this you continue to see closeout (RTV) product from retailers but you'll see much more product made specifically for FactoryStores and the pricepoints will reflect this (remodels aren't going to pay for themselves either).

While Lebron/Kobe/other signature product creates big short term infusions of sales for stores, it is by no means the backbone of most FactoryStores sales (largely affected by the lack of enough worthy signature/B-Grade closeout in Bball/NSW).

And as far as now people being assigned to allocation in a reactionary sense, all plans are long term, minimum 18 months in advance (this isn't unique to Nike - in the auto industry it's commonplace to design 3-4 years out). And let's be fair, the Blackout IX was clearly a case of overproduction. There have been very few Lebron 8 or 9s to hit outlets in mass quantities from a single SKU perspective (excluding PS versions)

I know this has taken the thread off course but I just wanted to chime in

Last edited:
I think both points have validity but I've understood Nike's strategy to be much like what d e beatup described, all hinging back to when Nike and Venator/FL fell out years ago. It was understood then that Nike didn't want to fall into that situation again (where they relied on retailers) and they shifted their focus on how they treated their retail doors across the US. That's why factory stores stock better products now, have a different, more polished look, etc.

As far as the liquidation strategies go, I can't really speak on that. But I wouldn't find it hard to believe that Nike still has a lot of certain models still sitting back.

For some perspective, the #1 indicator of success for nearly every retailer, regardless of industry, is Same Store Sales. This is basically a metric to measure how a store is performing against its sales from the previous year (almost always for stores open at least 1 year).

If a company's growth target is 20% yearly comp gain a store for example would be expected to go from $10 mil in 2012 to $12 in '13, to eventually $17.6 mil in '15. Key question is how does this store gain $7.6 mil in 3 years using the same square footage and capacity each year?

Have to continually up the ante in every aspect - customer service, loss prevention, product selection and pricing. This has played out in front of us (customer service is another story) already, just are you noticing it? AZG was $110; PS X is almost a 150% increase. Shoes made specifically for outlets in 2010 were Motos & Tailwind 2009s, now they are making the original Free Run specifically for Factory this Summer. House of Hoops was one stage of the aesthetic reset, followed by Brand Experience doors and now Global 2.0.

I know I'm off base again but it's a constant evolution on all levels. That being said, work the communication lines like oldsole does and there will always be deals top be had.

All good....I appreciate all the knowledge you bring to this thread. At the end of the day they make the money by moving the Product out the stores. When the back house gets full monthly markdowns / Green sticker money will continue to be the "Saviour" when Nike Gets beside themselves with some of these price points.

Last edited:
I hear ya. I'm just OCD when it comes to packaging with sneakers. I like having my shoeboxes wit' my sneaks. Plus there aren't any Ross' on the East coast where I'm at. So, I ordered the last 11.5 Blackout LeBreezy 9 for $109. + 8.75 shopping from Auburn Hills, Michigan Nike Outlets. Did I get robbed or fair price?
Damn u dipset, I was jus in there looking for these in a 11.5

Went to Vacaville yesterday & was shocked to see free runs in men & women szs. Also saw melo m8 Duncan foams (can't remember true name) Jordan 2012s & penny 5s.

All good....I appreciate all the knowledge you bring to this thread. At the end of the day they make the money by moving the Product out the stores. When the back house gets full monthly markdowns / Green sticker money will continue to be the "Saviour" when Nike Gets beside themselves with some of these price points.

Thanks to both of you gents for sharing. I'm going to read and reread both sets of comments + responses several times.

Went to Vacaville yesterday & was shocked to see free runs in men & women szs. Also saw melo m8 Duncan foams (can't remember true name) Jordan 2012s & penny 5s.

Folsom actually has the OG Free Runs too. I think I saw a black/blue and white/grey/orange color way. Don't quote me on that though, only did a quick once over the running isle.

San Leandro update:

Size 10.5 Total Foamposite Max (Blue versions) $89.99

Size 10.5 Nike Air Max 97 Prm (Navy Blue) several pairs

Overplay

Powerlines sz 11 (red and the green color versions)

Hyperdunk w/o sport pack

Kobe VI Supreme sz 11 (2 pairs)

Blazer Wovens (blk/green, and red versions)

Air Lunar Force

Air Force Low Supreme TZ (w/strap that you attach to the shoe and u can hang it around your neck)

I hear ya. I'm just OCD when it comes to packaging with sneakers. I like having my shoeboxes wit' my sneaks. Plus there aren't any Ross' on the East coast where I'm at. So, I ordered the last 11.5 Blackout LeBreezy 9 for $109. + 8.75 shopping from Auburn Hills, Michigan Nike Outlets. Did I get robbed or fair price?

Damn u dipset, I was jus in there looking for these in a 11.5

My bad family. Had to purchase them for casual wear wit' sweatpants and or ball shorts. I ain't hooping in them, though.

Does anyone know if nike outlet does a promotion for 4 of july or something during da summer?

View media item 451113
Two pairs at local ross. Hit up two spots and found them on the second try. I NEVER find deals like this around my way. Shoes do look quite dirty and maybe scratched. Only got the 11 and left the 8.

$65 out the door.

Last edited:
Nike outlet in Lancaster, PA has the zoom revis in Green for $59.99.
Call for sizes. They had most though...

Late post but the Vacaville nike outlet had the Duncan foamposite fsr for 100 and penny v tiger fsr for 120. Picked up the black and orange/red revis for 70, that too was a fsr. Not too many gems but I was really only looking for training shoes anyway. Also noticed they had quite a few pairs of the son of mars and jordan 2012 behind counter for 110 each I believe
Just seen this post today. Can you tell me the color of the Duncan foams? Silver, black, or the blue/black? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom