Official Jurassic World Thread | Jurassic World: Dominion 6/10/22

I do get that kind of complaint though.. those are moments that can take you out of the movie. And just because it's a movie about dinosaurs in modern time, you can still have those kind of thoughts and moments.

You do have to buy into the premise of superhero movies, monster movies, etc., but you can still have "WTF?" moments and the writers still need to adhere to some basic logic and answers to questions. Just because it's a summer blockbuster doesn't mean you accept any and all plot holes or illogical moments.

With the jeeps, it wasn't as big of a deal to me because like Jays25 said, they do make an attempt to "fix it up" even though there's still more they'd have to account for (like air in the tires). The moment that stuck out to me was the end mostly, just T-Rex and Blue having a moment of respect was a bit much even for this movie. It was cool in a completely dumb way 
laugh.gif
Blue running towards the fight in slow motion was cool in a dumb way. lol

I think I love and hate this film. A lot of things were great but something was off. I wish they would have went a little more into the past of Jurassic Park. Wish they would have shown the park and what was going on. Including other dinosaurs and things. I thought it jumped way too fast into the dinosaur escaping. I gotta see it again in theaters.

Some of it was very childish and you can accept that. As for the product placement, I was thinking about it as I watched. In the earlier movies, there were plenty of it. Now we are just older and think it's all marketing. Jeeps, Dr Pepper, Ford and other companies were all throughout 1-3.

The whole raptor wanting to kill Pratt when the pig escaped and then going hunting with him on his bike was wack. Then they turn on him again and then fight for him. So I guess they did a 720 on Pratt.

Thought the way the helicopter crashed was too weak.

The last fight was cool, corny as hell but cool. I didn't like how the T Rex got his *** whooped and then once the raptor attacked, the T Rex starts stomping out I Rex. Then the water scene was really cool looking but come on, he just happened to be right around there?

Either way, I loved it and hated it. Wish a few things could have been tweaked but the action was great. Brought me back to my childhood.

I think I love and hate this film. A lot of things were great but something was off. I wish they would have went a little more into the past of Jurassic Park. Wish they would have shown the park and what was going on. Including other dinosaurs and things. I thought it jumped way too fast into the dinosaur escaping. I gotta see it again in theaters.

I had a big problem with this. In the original, you know the T-Rex exists, but you literally don't see it until halfway through the movie (and probably even further along than that). Even then, the T-Rex is only in four scenes (and three of consequence): the break out, the Jeep chase, the meadow where it kills the Gallimimus, and the final scene in the visitor's center. Even that final scene in visitor's scene is a little cheesy, but it still didn't feel forced.

Everything about Jurassic World just felt so forced and rushed. The I-Rex broke out, what, 20 minutes into a two-hour movie? They shouldn't have even revealed it until much later in the movie. But like I said before, people want their monsters early and often these days, and they want the chase to begin immediately. I hate it. Let the movie build tension. There was no tension in JW. It's just an hour-and-a-half chase scene with a cringe-worthy divorce plot and some terrible humor wedged in.

Looked pretty dope in 3D, I wasn't feeling the friendly raptors part.

Last edited:
The ending saved the movie for me. Enjoyable with some really unnecessary side plots. The whole family divorce thing I could have done without and the idea of Vincent D'onofrio's character wanting to weaponize Raptors was just plain dumb.

If the movie would have just focused on Pratt and Howard more and less with the annoying kids and D'onofrio then I would have liked it even more. 

7/10

not a perfect movie, but the nostalgia and the last 30 min won me over.

just pure fun and and enjoyable movie theater experience. the first is still one of the all-time goats so i loved all the callbacks

Last edited:
Movie was great. 6.9/8 if not better. Wanna watch it again. 

Best movie I've seen all year.

what kinda rating scale is that? :lol:

Fine, I'll be that guy: I thought it sucked. Like, one of the worst movies I've seen in years. I love summer action movies. I'll see anything. I always go in knowing what to expect, and don't often come away disappointed. I almost walked out of the theater it was that bad.

1. I literally did not care about any of the human characters. Even in the third one, I at least cared about Alan Grant (being an established character helped). This didn't even have that. Chris Pratt was okay, but he was working with thin material. They could have edited the kids out of the damn thing and nobody would have noticed. Also, it's a bad sign when you know exactly who is going to die as soon as their characters are introduced. And, when they do die, you feel nothing. I knew D'Onofrio was going to die, because he hammed it up so bad. And, when it happened, I'm like "okay, glad we got that out of the way" (and, the way he went was really dumb). Every character's story felt like a chore. They were just going through the motions. And, that dude playing the new age Hammond? Come on. They turn him into an amateur helicopter pilot and kill him off in a helicopter??? That's just lazy writing.

2. Jesus, chill with the damn CGI. Felt like I was watching a cartoon at times.

3. Speaking of CGI, the final fight. Seriously? So, the raptors have turned on the humans, but then the raptors are all like "wait, you're right, this is our dude right here" and turn right around and fight their "new alpha". Then, BDH is all like "hold on, Imma get the T-rex right quick, and he's gonna run lockstep with me while I hold this flair like Ian Malcolm". So, BDH in heels is a super human sprinter compared to Jeff Goldblum? Got it. Then, the damn Mosasaur just pops outta the water like it ain't no thang, and drags the I-Rex to its death?

God, what a piece of ****.

lose the kids and you lose the best(or at least my favorite ) scenes of the movie

the gyrosphere attack was DOPE.. i'm convinced spielberg came up with that one instead of treverow.. he was like move aside son

and i loved the part where they discovered the visitor center from part 1..nostalgia a helluva drug

and the raptors chasing them on while they were in the back of the ambulance..DOPE.

Last edited:
I missed the gyrosphere attack cuz I ran to the restroom. I came back when indominus was biting the sphere

Was there a pterodactyl with a trex head? Or was I just seeing things

Man who else thought there was gonna be a post credit scene where nick fury comes out of the trees and recruits the trex into the avengers lol

Last edited:
Movie is about extinct dinosaurs genetically brought back to life and kept in some sort of amusement park and YALL over here in your feels about some dumb batteries and tires!?....lmaoooooooooo

There's no reason to be dismissive of people giving actual criticism of a movie.

Just because it's a ridiculous premise doesn't mean it's not held to the same basic standards of character, story, writing, plot, etc. It's what separates awful blockbusters like Battleship and the 8th Transformers compared to The Avengers, Iron Man, Guardians, etc. I could easily use the same logic and refute any kind of criticism to a ton of movies.

Why do we think the 1st Jurassic Park was so praised and loved? It was a "silly" premise but it still had solid writing, characters, tense and thrilling action, well edited, etc. Monster movies, superhero movies, action, etc. are all still movies and can be criticized and discussed even if their premise is absurd.

The first one had flaws, they had Raptors turning door knobs bro....the female lead was GARBAGE....the little girls character was annoying and unlikeable, the best characters were the male lead and that little boy because he just kept getting his **** owned the entire movie, you just had to love him for his heart....

You guys are nitpicking things they literally put into this movie for no other reason than to pay homage to the OG, I loved that they did this....I don't care for the logic behind it, they did it for us 20 years ago....the female lead was just as garbage here as she was 20 years ago...actually liked the new lead because she was better looking....Pratt imo was toe to toe with Sam Neill, maybe Sam had a slight edge over Pratt.

:lol: @ the fake film experts in here. Comparing Jurassic World to Avengers, as if Avengers isn't some kiddie movie filled with corny nonsense and isn't FILLED with mistakes :lol: :x

Tell us more about how the first Jurassic Park didn't have you suspend belief from the very beginning of the movie :rolleyes

Pretty much every movie ever made has obvious mistakes/flaws. Nitpicking about things like "Why aren't the batteries dead" for a 2 second scene of a kid turning on night vision goggles makes you sound like a miserable person

Last edited:
The first one had flaws, they had Raptors turning door knobs bro....the female lead was GARBAGE....the little girls character was annoying and unlikeable, the best characters were the male lead and that little boy because he just kept getting his **** owned the entire movie, you just had to love him for his heart....

You guys are nitpicking things they literally put into this movie for no other reason than to pay homage to the OG, I loved that they did this....I don't care for the logic behind it, they did it for us 20 years ago....the female lead was just as garbage here as she was 20 years ago...actually liked the new lead because she was better looking....Pratt imo was toe to toe with Sam Neill, maybe Sam had a slight edge over Pratt.

Bingo, but that's the nature of the game. Guarantee that had those scenes not been present, with no references to previous films, you'd then have a large population of people complaining about no mythology gags for the fan.

Last edited:
The movie was complete soulless nonsense :lol: IMO it never got serious. The movie is as good as part 2. The ending was just ridiculous and reminded me of the end of anchor man when Baxter talks to the beat and they show mutual respect :lol: I won't even go into the possibility of a Dino army even being a serious plot twist :rofl:

Overall the movie is pointless (in its own sense) and don't really have a purpose BUT it's great to see updated dinosaurs.

The movie was as expected

Last edited:
You need a certain measure of disbelief for these kind of movies. If you're the kind of person to get hung up on small details, I imagine you're also the kind of person that doesn't enjoy too many movies.

The jeep thing is very silly to complain about, imo. Nobody knows if it's been used anytime between the last movie and this movie, for example.

I understand that it's hard to prevent some details from taking you away from the story, like something big - but I feel most ppl look for something to complain about instead of just sitting back and relax

Am I the only one who thought of the JP arcade game when watching the scene with the boys in the back of the truck and the raptors chasing it?

Am I the only one who thought of the JP arcade game when watching the scene with the boys in the back of the truck and the raptors chasing it?

Could never beat that game. If i recall, everywhere I played it it was like .75 - $1.00, after the 2nd try I was out.

Yea true :lol:

Mercedes was so blatant

Do people just not remember the debut of the M Class SUV in Lost World? That was just as blatant, yet nobody complains about it. Also, the product placement in this was done on purpose (by the director). There's a friggin' Margaritaville lol. It was meant to show how commercialized the park had become. It was basically like any other theme park on the planet.

You need a certain measure of disbelief for these kind of movies. If you're the kind of person to get hung up on small details, I imagine you're also the kind of person that doesn't enjoy too many movies.

The jeep thing is very silly to complain about, imo. Nobody knows if it's been used anytime between the last movie and this movie, for example.

I understand that it's hard to prevent some details from taking you away from the story, like something big - but I feel most ppl look for something to complain about instead of just sitting back and relax

I get that. It's a movie about dinosaurs. I've already suspended disbelief over the premise. I suspended disbelief more than 20 years ago. My criticisms weren't over little things. All my complaints had to do with basic film making: character, writing, plot, production, etc. It was a complete mess. But, hey, scary dinos eating people, so I should ignore all that, right?

Back
Top Bottom