• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What The KD7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wasnt today the deadline tho....
deadline extended
mean.gif
I do want KD to go to Under Armor. Hopefully Under Armor makes pretty looking shoes... But they are amazing for performance though.

I wanna see what nike does with the kd line though

:lol: yall fail to realize that the older KDs aren't HYPED therefore the beasts won't go crazy over them. Too many shoes coming out these days.
There's many a shoe with a 29.99 outlet tag that go for 300+

But to say the kd line as a whole will have crazy prices? Naw b. people wasn't rocking with kds shoes until the hype hit them. Kd shoes only had a small following. Hype dies down if he leaves nike.

laugh.gif
yall fail to realize that the older KDs aren't HYPED therefore the beasts won't go crazy over them. Too many shoes coming out these days.
There's many a shoe with a 29.99 outlet tag that go for 300+
But to say the kd line as a whole will have crazy prices? Naw b. people wasn't rocking with kds shoes until the hype hit them. Kd shoes only had a small following. Hype dies down if he leaves nike.
Yup. KD 4 with the weatherman and galaxy colorways. 5s and 6s were disappointing to some with the quality,tech and rising price though.

That's why I do want KD to leave for Under Armor, their products are nice and cheap too.

that's fair 

I don't think the question will be, Can UA make a decent shoe? The question is: Will they be able to sell it to the masses? I personally don't think they can ever sell enough shoes to justify this deal! I also believe that's not their goal! The goal is to become relevant in the basketball shoe/apparel game, which I do think they can accomplish if KD continues his success on the court! But..... I think it will take years to see if this works out!

I don't think the question will be, Can UA make a decent shoe? The question is: Will they be able to sell it to the masses? I personally don't think they can ever sell enough shoes to justify this deal! I also believe that's not their goal! The goal is to become relevant in the basketball shoe/apparel game, which I do think they can accomplish if KD continues his success on the court! But..... I think it will take years to see if this works out!
Making a profit > relevancy.

I don't think the question will be, Can UA make a decent shoe? The question is: Will they be able to sell it to the masses? I personally don't think they can ever sell enough shoes to justify this deal! I also believe that's not their goal! The goal  is to become relevant in the basketball shoe/apparel game, which I do think they can accomplish if KD continues his success on the court! But..... I think it will take years to see if this works out!
Seems like the plan. UA isn't even on the map in basketball and they're making an investment into their future. while i don't doubt that they are looking for sales with KD as their poster-boy, he plays a key role in future negotiations for young athletes 

Seems like the plan. UA isn't even on the map in basketball and they're making an investment into their future. while i don't doubt that they are looking for sales with KD as their poster-boy, he plays a key role in future negotiations for young athletes 

EXACTLY!

Investment= growth (with the right strategy)
I'm just saying, what's the point in becoming relevant if you're just gonna lose money? You're a business, you wanna make money, not lose it. Look at what happened with the Dreamcast.

a lot of good points here, but lets face it UA KDs wont sell like nike KDs. They are thinking they  will be able to get the same success. It should be interesting to see this play out. I wonder who nike will get to try and replace KD. 

a lot of good points here, but lets face it UA KDs wont sell like nike KDs. They are thinking they  will be able to get the same success. It should be interesting to see this play out. I wonder who nike will get to try and replace KD. 

Kyrie, after that who knows!

I don't know. I could see UA KDs being huge depending on the design/marketing. Nikes marketing has been corny. Let's hope UA targets mire than just grade schoolers. Also it depends on how well kd plays of course

i usually wear an 11.5 on most my shoes . with the KDV i went with a 12 but were a bit narrow (length was fine) . any suggestions on what size i should go with on these . 11.5 12 or 13 . TIA

I'm just saying, what's the point in becoming relevant if you're just gonna lose money? You're a business, you wanna make money, not lose it. Look at what happened with the Dreamcast.

Let's face it, you have to define losing money: if you lose 5 million on kd shoes/apparel alone but you gain 30 million in sales across the board on your brand, did you lose? KD's job is to make the brand relevant not just his shoes! Curry couldn't do it alone but with KD on board now they have a chance to build their name! When I was younger Adidas was "THE" basketball shoe, most successful college players wore them and they were really relevant in the NBA fast, forward to MJ blowing up, Fab Five came along and boom, everything changed: Nike took over everything in basketball, at least this is the way I remember it!

Hopefully the UA servers will be better than Nike's come release day of KD's first UA shoe 
tongue.gif

Very true, the hype didn't come until the KD III/KD IV and that's it
People will try to make hype but it won't last

UA made a smart move going after one of the best players in the league I don't think they'll lose money because I don't think it was ever about the shoes.

Let's face it, you have to define losing money: if you lose 5 million on kd shoes/apparel alone but you gain 30 million in sales across the board on your brand, did you lose? KD's job is to make the brand relevant not just his shoes! Curry couldn't do it alone but with KD on board now they have a chance to build their name! When I was younger Adidas was "THE" basketball shoe, most successful college players wore them and they were really relevant in the NBA fast, forward to MJ blowing up, Fab Five came along and boom, everything changed: Nike took over everything in basketball, at least this is the way I remember it!
This. MJ wanted to sign with Adidas only and was only entertaining his agent by visiting Nike. They offered him his own shoe and the rest is history. Obviously this was a different time for sneakers, but KD could be UAs Jordan. AND he already has a global following and profile, so they don't have to do much in branding KD. It's mainly making a product that may appeal to the masses. There's no question that UA wins by signing KD. They may take a loss for a few years, but the profile they build and ability to pitch their brand to other up and coming players. You also have to factor in apparel, which is more in UAs comfort zone. UAs apparel is on point, so even if the shoes aren't big out of the gate, I feel like if they could easily do 30M a year in combined footwear and apparel.

Best of all KD comes home and plays for the Wizards and wins a ring.

To all you people saying under armour shoes are ugly an unappealing ...if Nike was not not nike nobody would like the, everyone would think they're ugly. Go put a nike sign on some UA shoes and half you people would by them, UA IS JUST GETTING A BAD WRAP. they are a very comfortable shoe much more comfortable than Nike

And couldn't Nike keep making kds with the kd logo because they own it and just say it stands for krazy dodge or something like that and just take off the names and 35

Back
Top Bottom