Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
Debating whether to get the KD7 or Kobe 9 EM as my next ball shoe. I've read that there's some heel slippage (even with elite socks on) in the KD7 when you play something I haven't noticed when I've tried the shoes on. You guys suggest going .5 down to eliminate that heel slippage when running?
Don't get the KD7 for ball.  I feel the heel slippage when I'm walking around. only imagine how bad it must be if I'm running around.

Going .5 down might help with the issue, but keep in mind the shoe is narrow.  It hurts in the midfoot area, so I can't even tie the shoes tightly in order to try to reduce the heel slippage.

A few things to keep in mind.  I highly highly recommend the Kobe 9 EM.

Debating whether to get the KD7 or Kobe 9 EM as my next ball shoe. I've read that there's some heel slippage (even with elite socks on) in the KD7 when you play something I haven't noticed when I've tried the shoes on. You guys suggest going .5 down to eliminate that heel slippage when running?
No heel slippage for me. I ball in mine three times a week and went TTS. The fit is great. Very comfortable shoe imo.

I don't ball in mine but I have zero heel slippage @ TTS.

I think it's just a matter of people having different feet and some just don't fit into this shoe properly. Best to try it on if you're unsure.

What I really want to see is a three color design. Split midsole coloring and different posite color.

I'm coming out of retirement if them blue/gold jernts drop [emoji]128581[/emoji][emoji]128581[/emoji][emoji]128581[/emoji][emoji]128581[/emoji][emoji]128581[/emoji][emoji]128581[/emoji]

need easy moneys but not for 150, ill get off clearance
mean.gif

lol idk if u any of you follow kds friend on IG, "rmbwilliams" but he posted those and stated there are a "one of one PE" aka theyre not publicly releasing... sorry guys
tired.gif

No heel slippage but because half the shoe is solid and the other half is mesh my foot tends to move around a little inside the shoe and on the usas my mesh got dirty real fast from heat escaping, also the strap does absolutely nothing for me but cause a hotspot... Even with that said they're a monster on court but I prefer Kobe's over kds because they're better executed

You guys think the global games will restock anytime soon? Regret not picking em up after seeing them in person today :/

Last edited:
Did you half to full size up? Wore 13 in V and VI, had to go 14 on the VII. 13 was way to tight.
Do you have like an extra inch in length? Can't see how you could go up a size in these and not have a crazy amount of room in the toe box. But then again most of y'all don't hoop so I guess it wouldn't matter

I already sized up to 0.5 from 9.5 US to 10 US, but damn the strap part still hurt my feet, I was using a very thin socks already. 

Even with a loose lace and loose strap it hurts my feet and i'm a 9.5US TTS on all my J's

now if I buy the 10.5 US, the comfort will be there but the toe box is too long and the heel slippage 

Global Games would you break in later so i will be comfortable?

Don't get the KD7 for ball.  I feel the heel slippage when I'm walking around. only imagine how bad it must be if I'm running around.

Going .5 down might help with the issue, but keep in mind the shoe is narrow.  It hurts in the midfoot area, so I can't even tie the shoes tightly in order to try to reduce the heel slippage.

A few things to keep in mind.  I highly highly recommend the Kobe 9 EM.
This is true, I'm a 9.5US TTS, sized up to 10US in KD 7 and still hurt my mid foot even with loose lace and loose strap. But 10.5 US is too long for me feet. I don't get it how did people even suggest to size down. you  have a great flexible feet, mine is different.

Back
Top Bottom