Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
But when have nicknames ever truly had a theme? You can say the Same for mad Jordans and LeBrons too.

Nike is now giving the KD's "formal" nicknames for every KD 7 that has released so far, it's not the consumer giving the nicknames or making them up, like you'd often see with Nike SB. The use of nicknames is basically a marketing tactic to bring more hype/demand to general release shoes, which is doing very well on the KD 7's was the only point I was making. Also some examples to answer your initial question. The Easy Money nickname for the KD 7 has a money print theme throughout the posite, the Calm Before the storm nickname has a rain/storm theme on the posite and the 2012 Lebron 9 All Star shoe was nicknamed the Big Bang but the shoe was actually called the Lebron 9 Galaxy and has a space theme in the interior of the shoe.

Nike is now giving the KD's "formal" nicknames for every KD 7 that has released so far, it's not the consumer giving the nicknames or making them up, like you'd often see with Nike SB. The use of nicknames is basically a marketing tactic to bring more hype/demand to general release shoes, which is doing very well on the KD 7's was the only point I was making. Also some examples to answer your initial question. The Easy Money nickname for the KD 7 has a money print theme throughout the posite, the Calm Before the storm nickname has a rain/storm theme on the posite and the 2012 Lebron 9 All Star shoe was nicknamed the Big Bang but the shoe was actually called the Lebron 9 Galaxy and has a space theme in the interior of the shoe.

I understand that, but my point was the majority of shoe nicknames were not the result of themes until very recently. All the Jordan's are given nicknames typically based on either a unique color or event, like the Last Shots, or "Playoffs". All the KDs have nicknames, but to say there are only two "themed" pair misses the point that for the majority of the time sneaker culture has been around, nicknames had nothing to do with themes anyway.

By the way, the LeBron 9 ASG shoes are called the Big Bangs because that was the inspiration for the colorway. Hence why no one calls them Galaxy 9s.

I understand that, but my point was the majority of shoe nicknames were not the result of themes until very recently. All the Jordan's are given nicknames typically based on either a unique color or event, like the Last Shots, or "Playoffs". All the KDs have nicknames, but to say there are only two "themed" pair misses the point that for the majority of the time sneaker culture has been around, nicknames had nothing to do with themes anyway.

By the way, the LeBron 9 ASG shoes are called the Big Bangs because that was the inspiration for the colorway. Hence why no one calls them Galaxy 9s.

Nike and plenty of other company's have been doing sneakers themes or collaborations on shoes for years. The first pair of Lebron Dunkmans which is a "themed" shoe was previewed on the Lebron II's, 10 years ago so that's nothing new, the adopting of nicknames like "breds" or "He got games" has grew more wider over the past years though. It's like your reading to deep into a minor response I wrote a couple of days ago. All that I was saying was that the Global Games, and the USA's pairs where the only true themed pairs. All of the other pairs have the same print on the Nike checks and are basically different color blocking GR's. The GG's have the different logo on the tongue and different Nike swoosh for the Global Game festival, the USA's has the different design on the interior and the differnt Nike swoosh also. Nike is actually giving theses nicknames on the Nike/Nike inc website it's not the consumer. Everybody was calling the Good Apples the Bad Apples until Nike let us know the actual name is the Good Apples. The N7's, Aunt Pearls, All Star Game, BHM, 2K15 etc are actual themed shoes because well they're actually attached to a theme. I have the GG's, USA's, 35k's and the Good Apples so I'm not bias either way. I was simply just saying that it was interesting to see Nike chiming in on the nicknames, simple as that. Nothing to really read too deep into

Oh yeah "by the way" the Lebron 9 Galaxy shoe was inspired by the orange space suits the astronauts wore not from the Big Bang theory. Hence why the "Big Bang" was only a "nickname" given to the shoe by Nike bloggers & consumers :smh:

View media item 1211526
Off of that... Has anybody else read anything about the 2K15 KD's? I know I'm going to be going for them this year!

Last edited:
Has anybody else read anything about the 2K15 KD's? I know I'm going to be going for them this year!

here you go

View media item 1211624
Last year Nike Basketball and NBA 2K14 teamed up for a special edition of the Lebron 11 given away exclusively through the gaming platform, but since Kevin Durant is the cover athlete for NBA 2K15, it only makes sense that this year’s special edition shoe would be the KD 7. Here we have a teaser image of the possible NBA 2K15 edition of the KD7, but as you can see, we don’t have much to go off of yet for the shoe’s colorway. Stick with Nice Kicks for more info on the NBA 2K15 Nike KD 7 as it develops.

http://www.nicekicks.com/2014/10/08/nike-kd-7-nba-2k15-teaser/

here you go

View media item 1211624
Last year Nike Basketball and NBA 2K14 teamed up for a special edition of the Lebron 11 given away exclusively through the gaming platform, but since Kevin Durant is the cover athlete for NBA 2K15, it only makes sense that this year’s special edition shoe would be the KD 7. Here we have a teaser image of the possible NBA 2K15 edition of the KD7, but as you can see, we don’t have much to go off of yet for the shoe’s colorway. Stick with Nice Kicks for more info on the NBA 2K15 Nike KD 7 as it develops.

http://www.nicekicks.com/2014/10/08/nike-kd-7-nba-2k15-teaser/

Yeah this was the article I was referring too! I'm pumped about these!

I'm tired of all these dumb nicknames for every colorway..

It doesn't drive me to buy them at all..

I am lookin forward to the "Texas" inspired KD VIIs..but these other non OKC themed colorways don't interest me..

Unless KD wears the "Calm before the storms" or any other of these no sense colorways then I won't cop..

for the 2k15 thing do you need the latest system or could you get it with a ps3?

So 2k drop in june huh. And then hit clearence stores. But now I need to drop cash on a PS4/One and 2k15. Unless 360 users can join in on the festivities.

I know, was hoping that this year's would be different. Just don't feel like dropping 500 on a new system/game yet

I'm in the same boat. Hopefully I can find someone who doesn't want them and will help me out.

I'm in the same boat. Hopefully I can find someone who doesn't want them and will help me out.
yup. If you know any kids you should ask them. They would be more likely to help you out and with less incentive. As a matter of fact ask as many ppl as you can so you dont put all your eggs in one basket

Is it def. confirmed to be the same process yet for the 2k15s? I have the game but I did it all in 1 weekend last time and it was hell. Ruined playing it for me

I don't play video games, going to need to find someone to pay to line those up for me...

The heat are *** now. i don't even want to get 2k. swear to god if someone picks the cavs i will back out.

Back
Top Bottom