**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

But how can you have a conversation if you're excluding those people you want to discuss it with? We get it...we get what the album was about who it was made by, who's perspective it's coming from and who it's geared toward. No one is disagreeing with you.

But you're complaining that we can't have a discussion when you're just pouting and excluding people who need to take part in the discussion.

Or is this a discussion that should take place between only blacks?

Who's excluding anyone?
I was stating the fact.
look at the cover. If it was vice versa, a bunch of shirtless rednecks on the white house lawn with a black judge possibly dead while they had the time of their lives. Would you need someone to tell you that this album just MIGHT be speaking to rednecks? Is that difficult to understand?

Complexion, Blacker The Berry, King Kunta? If it's not clear he has an agenda throughout this album I don't know what to tell you.

Bruce Springstein's "born in the USA" was for his American fans was it not. That doesn't mean someone in England can't appreciate it.

If me calling someone Jim Carey or suggesting that white people go to Starbucks and ride bikes, is considered bad or bigoted maybe we should trade places. White people get killed in the street by police like dogs. Have an inhuman incarceration rate. Have their culture erased. Have their identity Danny near erased.live in communities with a lack of resources, healthy food, quality education, and health care.

If me calling a white guy Jim Carey in a joking matter is enuff to turn someone off from a progressive convo, they NEVER wanted to have one in the first place.

Nothing I said should offend you or anyone else as much as what's REALLY goin on. Don't lose sight of that

And this is a convo and issue black people need to address amungst one another. Just like Kendrick made the statement in Billboard about WE can't except THEM to respect US if WE don't respect one another. So yes it does start with the black community 1st Cause black white unitiy isn't gonna save the inner city, BLACK unity will.

Malcolm said it 50 years ago. We can't have black-white unity until we have black unity. And here we are 50 years later with neither. With no sign of improvement.
I don't see where or how I disagreed with anything you have to say here. And it doesn't offend me when you said those things, but I just can't understand how you could be upset that this conversation that you want to have didn't sprout from all of that abrasiveness you came in here with.

I'll reiterate, because it seems that you think I don't get the purpose and perspective of the album:

We get it...we get what the album was about who it was made by, who's perspective it's coming from and who it's geared toward. No one is disagreeing with you.

Black unity is paramount. You're right.

We seem to be arguing about completely different things..

Quint is a funny cat

I enjoy DEHH as well
Yeah, DEHH is good too. Looking forward to their TPAB review.

All their opinions went pretty much how I expected lol
This will be watched tonight.

Last edited:
Nimley, how's it make you feel when rappers encourage white people to participate in using the N word at shows?

Kanye does this, and Schoolboy Q has done it when I've seen him as well.

Should you shun these particular rappers? Lol

But how can you have a conversation if you're excluding those people you want to discuss it with? We get it...we get what the album was about who it was made by, who's perspective it's coming from and who it's geared toward. No one is disagreeing with you.

But you're complaining that we can't have a discussion when you're just pouting and excluding people who need to take part in the discussion.

Or is this a discussion that should take place between only blacks?

What's wrong with being excluded in this type of discussion? Is it that harmful to step back and just listen for a minute? Certain people don't NEED to take part in the discussion. Those people - for once in their lives - need to listen to the perspective of others without jumping in and immediately making the subject about themselves.

I think if some people took things less like a personal attack and more like a teaching moment - this stuff would be a lot more beneficial to everyone.

These aren't shots at you specifically but in general. Even non-white people. Asians, latinos, indians, etc. There's a ridiculous amount of anti-blackness in those cultures. I'm Dominican. A large percentage of Dominicans are black and it STILL exists. So yeah - sometimes it's best to just give black people space and try to learn from a talk like this. Even if you're not intentionally racist, even if you enjoy the music, even if you're also a minority.

I'm arguing with anyone saying tpap is better than Illmatic, and anyone saying white folks can't get anything outta TPAP lol

Illmatic is probably never going to be topped but I was 12 years old when that album came out. TPAP will go down in my top 5 of all time, no doubt, but we're talking about Illmatic.

To Pimp A Butterfly is high level music.
It gets better every spin.

I would never say this about anyone or thing, but if you don't see the
beauty and genius in this album, you should really evaluate your taste.
This is a perfectly crafted album.
K.dot far exceeded those already high expectations with this.
This kid mastered rap.

Nimley, how's it make you feel when rappers encourage white people to participate in using the N word at shows?

Kanye does this, and Schoolboy Q has done it when I've seen him as well.

Should you shun these particular rappers? Lol

Thats backwards. Counter productive. Schoolboy Q isn't exactly a cultural trailblazer.

Kanye knows better, as do the white fans that enjoy using that word. a rapper doin that is simply forgetting where they came from. Its not productive to race relations. You think it is?

You can say N word to a black person from age 15-30 and be OK. Say it to someone over say 35, it's Prolly gonna end a lil different than a Kanye concert. And we know that. I've seen it with my own 2 eyes. In prison and on the street.

Anytime you have to edit what you say depending on who's present is an indication that you prolly shouldn't be saying it at all.

And on the same note, whites were using a variation of that word for a longtime, they still do as we see with the SAE nonsense (and those kids shouldn't have been expelled by ANY means).

But KRS One told us this in 93.
The first time I heard the N word was on a playground in 1st grade. This is like 91.

I wash my hands, I said my grace
What more do you want from me?
Tears of a clown, guess I'm not all what is meant to be

I don't think its productive to race relations at all, just was curious on your viewpoint on it was all.

You all know white folks are gonna use that word with or without a pass...right?

Yeah they may bite their tongue when black folks are around but as soon as you walk away they're like "this ***** did this, that ***** did that" as a 32 year old white man from the east side of Detroit, I laugh at it because these same kids parents are using the "er" version of the word freely. You ever been around a group of white folks in the burbs? I bet they act different around me. To you, its talks of MLK, to me they're on some David dukes ****. Point being, we're far from the goal of equality. It aint gonna happen until that generation dies off, I hate to say it. Its embarrassing to me, and yeah I try to teach these young kids of all color, but it won't be fixed for a long minute, even with 500 TPAB's.

Sorry for the rambling, just had some hillbilly use the N-word with me and I was posting here so.....

so what would you like trill? I mean I see the bigger picture of what you want, but here in this thread what do you want people to do? Cuz when you post all I can get is you want non blacks (all minorities as well, who may have had a diaspora too and from imperialism as well) to know that the struggle is only for black people? You don't really get at how we can take this and move towards a solution? Even for black people, how do you suggest they use this to progress in all ways?

This album is better than Illmatic and Reasonable Doubt

I'll give you RD, but I don't even think Jay has made a better album than GKMC, either.

I was never the biggest fan of Jay, tho, so slight bias is to be expected, :lol:

Oh come on, GKMC, section 80, and tpab are all better than the blueprint IMO. Reasonable Doubt though, hard to call that one.

BP is insanely overrated to me.

Production on that album was hotter than anything Jay was spitting.

Still a great album, tho.

these NT cats .. putting an album that's been out 2 weeks over an album that's been out 2 decades :lol:

did this bruh really say section 80 was better than a landscape changing album in The Blueprint? :smh:

i love kendrick but View media item 1465038

I've always thought blueprint was held higher than it should of. I don't care much for jay besides reasonable doubt though. Almost every Nas album ***** on jays body of work in my somewhat humble opinion.

Back
Top Bottom