**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

:lol:

Hustle the homie and know I like picking with him

We need a new ps4 game to get the whole crew back on :frown:

This is legit the first time ive ever seen you post outside the Destiny thread :lol:
Thought yall were still on that jawn heavy...The Division comes out on Tuesday

ihust1e ihust1e what aint you like bout this jawn? Just curious, our tastes in music seem kinda similar so i respect your opinion lol

Top 5s? I can't even name top 10 without having a hard time. That's the thing I love about Kendrick he has few throwaway forgettable tracks in his catalogue. Had 8 on repeat literally all day yesterday. Even at the gym lol. But 2 and 7 damnzzz

That track 4 tho... the intro 
laugh.gif

This is legit the first time ive ever seen you post outside the Destiny thread :lol:
Thought yall were still on that jawn heavy...The Division comes out on Tuesday

ihust1e ihust1e what aint you like bout this jawn? Just curious, our tastes in music seem kinda similar so i respect your opinion lol
:lol:

I'm in there a lot but I'm in the Fools Wildin thread and the Mac thread and the Android thread too some. I have no clue how I racked the amount of posts I have but in time, I guess it is bound to happen :lol:

I've been mainly playing CoD for the past couple of months. Might check out The Division shortly if people seem like they will be playing it for a little bit.

Top 5

In no particular order:

ADHD
Rigormortus
u
Sing About Me

5 kinda rotates between Madd City and P&P1.5. I'm adding Untitled 7 to that.

I already posted my top 5 somewhere in this thread & since no tracks on here made it, it didnt change. Track 2 easily my fav on this project tho

Homie put out an album full of demo's for sale. Probably gone get a grammy nod too. :lol:

First listen... Only Untitled 2, 5, and 7 caught my attention... I've probably inadvertently listened to this about 8 times now and it is a good as album. I like each song more after every listen.

How I forget about " head is the answer?" :smh: :smokin

Last edited:
dope.

"What’s the difference between the blackness of To Pimp a Butterfly versus the blackness of, say, If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late? Drake’s sound is built upon Jodeci, Timbaland, Aaliyah, and that’s all black music, too.
It’s all black. I think there’s a small, but huge, difference. Kendrick and Drake are both excellent artists, both amazing, both gifted, both anointed, both prolific—they’re both great.

I need the music to tell me a story just like I need the lyrics to tell me a story. With Drake, musically, it’s hard for me to believe what he says over that particular bed of music because his music doesn’t really breathe. It loops a lot. Which is beautiful, I love it, it’s perfectly fine. But musically, it doesn’t tell me a story that adds another level to the lyricism. I believe that everything as a whole needs to be great, not just the words. That doesn’t mean you have to play jazz or blues, or that you have to add a saxophone. It just means I want more dynamism, musically, because life is dynamic."

I pulled that quote out not becuase he talking Drake, but because he is explaining perfectly one huge reason why I like Kendrick music. The beat, sometimes melodies evolve. Its given life and grows/changes as the story grows. Like the score to a film versus a flat looped beat that has no life to it.

Last edited:
Where is the joint that was playing in the Alright video? We need that.

The song from the Colbert show sounds way better live. Other than that this is a great project. His throwaways are better than some _'s albums.

Back
Top Bottom