**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Same **** I said in the Cole thread. 

The bar is set so low with this ******** that a guy like Kendrick comes off like a God MC. 

That's what I hate about Kendrick fans for the most part. 

They conveniently ignore the history, and in doing so they place Kendrick at the forefront of creativity and lyricism. 

I listen to all the great rappers from the 90's. By any bar Kendrick is a lyrical beast. I'm not even gonna get into "This dude vs that dude". I'm talking rapping ability, storytelling, bars. Kendrick is up there. These 3 albums and his tapes he's proven it.

I listen to all the great rappers from the 90's. By any bar Kendrick is a lyrical beast. I'm not even gonna get into "This dude vs that dude". I'm talking rapping ability, storytelling, bars. Kendrick is up there. These 3 albums and his tapes he's proven it.
Ripped. Likewise.

90s rap was my forte and I am DAMN happy to see Kendrick carrying it over to a new millennium

The bar is set so low with this ******** that a guy like Kendrick comes off like a God MC. 

They conveniently ignore the history, and in doing so they place Kendrick at the forefront of creativity and lyricism. 

You can put kendrick in any generation and he will be a high level MC. He's not complex but he is very lyrical.

Last edited:
Dudes act like if you weren't rapping before 2000, you can't be considered as 1 of the best ever. As some of you have mentioned, Kendrick is great in any era. Btw... TPAB is a more well liked album if made in the 90's...

On Duckworth on the CD he says "God is a funny mutha*****, you gotta love em". On the mp3 version he says "Life is a funny mutha*****,you gotta love em".

KDOT doing a meet and greet in compton. Best Buy.. first 3k that buys DAMN. gets a wristband. starts at 12pm

Dudes act like if you weren't rapping before 2000, you can't be considered as 1 of the best ever. As some of you have mentioned, Kendrick is great in any era. Btw... TPAB is a more well liked album if made in the 90's...

Cause that was a prevalent sound during that time. TPAB was unlike anything that was out which is why it was so polarizing in addition to its black empowerment theme.

In any age, a guy that comes out with 4 consecutive critically acclaimed classics, who does that in any age?

DNA got the perfect beat and energy for a posse song, y'all slow.

Take Kendrick's first 3 major label albums and compare them to the first three albums of Nas, Pac, Jay, Em, BIG, Face and whomever else is on your GOAT list. Kendrick is losing to a lot of them.

I think his music is deep but it may also seem deeper because of the state of rap today. Top selling rap artists besides Kendrick and Cole are simple and basic as ****. No lyrics, wordplay or thinking is necessary so it makes Kendrick seem so unique and different.

If it was '96 and this album dropped alongside Reasonable Doubt, It Was Written, Atliens, Score, etc this album would STILL be great & garner mass critical & fan acclaim. I'm not understanding your point. The production & content stands up to any era.

Last edited:
Thursday, April 20, 20172017'S NEW CHAMP
Kendrick Lamar will not only best Drake's first-week total for the top debut of the year—he'll do it by a substantial margin.

DAMN. will surpass 300 million streams; it's only the second title to do so in a single week. The first, of course, was Drake's More Life with 385 million streams in the week ending 3/23/17. With album sales projecting to 325k (100k more than More Life), our SPS projection is now 550k, giving Kendrick, Top Dawg's TDE crew and Team Interscope the year's top debut by a decisive margin.

Combined album and track sales for DAMN. will make up more than 60% of the first-week total. More Life's sales represented less than 50% of its first week.

Back
Top Bottom