**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

DNA got the perfect beat and energy for a posse song, y'all slow.

Take Kendrick's first 3 major label albums and compare them to the first three albums of Nas, Pac, Jay, Em, BIG, Face and whomever else is on your GOAT list. Kendrick is losing to a lot of them.

Need info on this 3rd BIG album because I don't think anyone else besides you and Puff heard it.

DNA got the perfect beat and energy for a posse song, y'all slow.

Take Kendrick's first 3 major label albums and compare them to the first three albums of Nas, Pac, Jay, Em, BIG, Face and whomever else is on your GOAT list. Kendrick is losing to a lot of them.

Nope. Pac first album was not a classic. Nas's I Am is not a classic. Jay Vol. 1 is not.

Same **** I said in the Cole thread. 

The bar is set so low with this ******** that a guy like Kendrick comes off like a God MC. 

That's what I hate about Kendrick fans for the most part. 

They conveniently ignore the history, and in doing so they place Kendrick at the forefront of creativity and lyricism. 
First and foremost...

Now that we got that out of the way.

I grew up in this culture and witnessed Kid Wizard, who later became known as Rakim; who is the greatest emcee ever (imho). Nas was like the second coming of the God MC and Kendrick is this generations Rakim / Nas. Both Rakim and Nas have spoken on Kendrick's skills and while I agree with you that the bar is at an all-time low for lyrics in rap, that doesn't take away how gifted Kendrick is. While a lot of Kendrick fans may be too young to have seen the great emcees before, that doesn't make Kendrick any less great.

I Am... is one of my favorite albums of all time.

BIG don't have three but he's had like five total releases. So you could count Life After Death as two or throw in Born Again and it's still debatable

Vol 1 is my favorite Jay album

Blank Face was arguably the best rap album of last year (aside from RTJ3). Check it out.

Oh bro I'm a huge fan of Q now lol. I was mad when he went on breakfast club and they had no clue about his album. I remember when Isaiah came on after Charlemagne was like "what was up with that status: you can **** my ***** you can have my ***" Isaiah was like Q's my man. I'm like this dude really interviewed Q and didn't even listen to his album. All the interviews asked the same damn questions.

Really looking forward to this Zane Lowe interview. Watched his Eminem and Kanye one and he seems to be truly passionate about an artist's work and music in general

They did that with Absoul too. He went on to promote These Days and Angela Yee was asking questions about Control System.

Also, whoever said Eminems first three albums, as an adult, Marshall Mathers LP doesn't hold up, sure the title track for example is great, but he was seriously dissing boy bands and ICP? It's so corny.

Sunshine and The City is Mine are fire. Vol 1 got my favorite Jay song ever and Vol 1 was my introduction to Jay. Vol 2 and Blueprint would probably make my top 3 Jay albums. Vol. 1 got like 4-5 songs that are just ****** awful though.

Eminem spitting, don't give a **** how old you are. If you can't acknowledge his lyrics, wordplay and flow on albums 1-3, I don't give a **** what you gotta say about anything Rap related

What gives Kendrick the unfair advantage is longevity. He hasn't been around long enough to put out a bad project. Em, Pac, Nas and Jay all got joints that didn't live up to their expectations because they got mad albums.

Last edited:
He's your #1 based off critically acclaimed classics?

My defense to this, I have a friend for example who no matter what, Nas will always be his number 1. I can respect that, but aside from a few albums, his discography is incredibly inconsistent and doesn't have much replay value.

Even Jay-Z was about 50% with his albums.

Back
Top Bottom