**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

I'm really surprised that they are not more mixed reviews on NT

It's no way you can play the first 6 tracks of this album and not start to question when is the tempo is gonna change. Or when is he gon really spit some fire. Like I was digging the production but I was still looking for a "simple moment".

After a few spins, I appreciate the album more than I actually like the album. I'll defintely play it for the instrumentals when trying to hear jazz and funk with modern twist. But I can't see myself bending corners to this, I can't see me playing this on a road trip.

It's not bad by any means... I just feel like it needed more balance, and the damn record from Colbert lol

Last edited:
Downloaded the album and bumped it on the way home. At first listen, the album went together very well like a movie. I almost skidded off the road when Kendrick was asking Pac questions. Never saw it coming :wow:

NIKETALK TELL ME ABOUT THIS ALBUM

DROP THE FAX ON A YOUNG *****

FINNA BUMP THIS **** TOMORROW MORNING ON DA WAY TO DA OFFICE.

IS DIS ALBUM DA TRUF?!?!?!?

Off first listen, i really don't have a real opinion on it yet.I have to listen to it a few more times this week and really digest it.
He's really on some militant Pac/early Cube **** w/ a heavy Soulquarian influence.
Didn't know if i wanted to bust a mean 2 step or start the revolution.

i dont like it.

wtf happened to the track thats produced by pete rock??

too much hype and not enough variety, it all sounds the same, i like the opening track blacker the berry and like 2 other songs.

had it been something like  cartoons n cereal, blacker the berry and other things like that i wouldve liked it more.

also what ever came from that session he did with alchemist.

Last edited:
Off first listen, i really don't have a real opinion on it yet.I have to listen to it a few more times this week and really digest it.
He's really on some militant Pac/early Cube **** w/ a heavy Soulquarian influence.
Didn't know if i wanted to bust a mean 2 step or start the revolution.

Still think it's a dope album tho.

Last edited:
NIKETALK TELL ME ABOUT THIS ALBUM

DROP THE FAX ON A YOUNG *****

FINNA BUMP THIS **** TOMORROW MORNING ON DA WAY TO DA OFFICE.

IS DIS ALBUM DA TRUF?!?!?!?

Very jazzy, a bit "all over the place" sonically, plenty of depth lyrically backed up by strong subject matter, and well utilized features. I have no clue whether you'll like it or not, but it's most likely unlike any other project you've heard recently.

even though i live on the east coast i love west coast music word to my long beach roots..

i just dove in to this album head first with high expectations.

why y'all always do this? The album is boring at times. Everyone is different. What is boring to me isn't boring to you and vice versa. Just cause the lyrics and message captivate you, it might not captivate me. How hard is that to understand?

Don't even feel like sitting here and typing out a long *** response as to why the album is boring at times.

To each their own but I think its lame when you can't provide an explanation for why you don't like something. I mean at least offer some perspective....IMO its lazy to just stand beside an "its boring" comment.

i could see why this album feels boring to some. depends on what you listen to. if your daily listening can be found on atrilli or rapradar, this may sound foreign. but it's really not. personally, this album feels like home. the fusion of funk/soul/jazz/spoken word takes me back to the house i was raised in. the soul i was raised on. i see this as him throwing a rope around black music history and trying to bring it into the future. every song is positive and aware. if people can see past the lack of 808s and appreciate this, it's a sign of change.

Last edited:
i could see why this album feels boring to some. depends on what you listen to. if your daily listening can be found on atrilli or rapradar, this may sound foreign. but it's really not. personally, this album feels like home. the fusion of funk/soul/jazz/spoken word takes me back to the house i was raised in. the soul i was raised on. i see this as him throwing a rope around black music history and trying to bring it into the future. every song is positive and aware. if people can see past the lack of 808s and appreciate this, it's a sign of change.

I can feel you on this point. Lack of musical listening diversity is unfortunate.

Institutionalized is so serious. Not seeing that track get enough love.

Kendrick's flow on that was like a combination of Slick Rick/Digable Planets/Q-tip/Busta/Buckshot. Crazy.

Last edited:
This is one of those albums where I feel that it says more about the people that don't like it than it does the album.

I'll tell you this much though, I've already played this album from front to back more times than I did GKMC. Take that how you want...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom