**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Wow, seems like you can't have an opinion that goes against the hive mind.

Got flamed on reddit, because I said it's "nothing special"

:rofl:

I seen ppl post lines that were "deep"...but not necessarily "dope".

And Im talking dope from both ends of the spectrum, Lupe, Nas like to Lil Wayne, Fab like...

Coming off the Control verse, you have to admit that Kendrick left the door open, no?

No knock on him showing mad growth as an artist, but to be the top rapper I dont think he flat out demonstrated that with this album.

I seen ppl post lines that were "deep"...but not necessarily "dope".

And Im talking dope from both ends of the spectrum, Lupe, Nas like to Lil Wayne, Fab like...

Coming off the Control verse, you have to admit that Kendrick left the door open, no?

No knock on him showing mad growth as an artist, but to be the top rapper I dont think he flat out demonstrated that with this album.
you should probably listen more than. I don't like the album but he's definitely rapping his *** off on here.

Kendrick the most important rap artist of his generation and this album will be the real beginning of him setting himself apart.

As much as I love artists like Drake and Future, the issues Kendrick is addressing in his music has a legitimate chance to make a difference in society.

Some people rather just listen to music for entertainment but at the highest level music can effect your awareness and empathy more than any other medium.

All this crazy **** going on every day with racism, violence and the hyper capitalistic world that we live in this album is needed.

Kendrick being the vessel for the message is pivotal because his music will be listened to billions of times throughout the world.

Last edited:
I agree dude is rapping, just something just seems off for me. Like I said it's more of a west coast vibe which I'm not knocking, it's just not for me.

"Alright" might be the best production we've ever gotten out of Pharrell.

you're certainly jumping out the window saying this but you're certainly entitled to your opinion!
very good beat though, and contains a lot of similarities to the production he provided on "Presidential" on Rick Ross' God Forgives, I Don't album.

These Kendrick stans act like he's the second coming of Jesus.

I used to Stan dude too, but come on now....

That Lupe was no way executed as well as this album, he's saying a lot but it's not packaged properly.

That Lupe was no way executed as well as this album, he's saying a lot but it's not packaged properly.

Not even close.

You have to listen to this multiple times to even get the depth of it and analyze it.

Much less Lupe's not as entertaining or creative.

Back
Top Bottom