**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

These quotes from the Grantland thing resonated most with me.

View media item 1449758View media item 1449759
I catch myself continuing to force listens to TPAB. I want myself to like it, partially because I can't take it if I don't like a project I've been anticipating this heavily for two years. I keep hoping that I will crack through, like I did with Yeezus on about the 5th listen.

I'm just very afraid that my conclusion will be "this feels like a chore to listen to." I'm praying that I reach that next level with this album very soon. It sure as hell doesn't do me any good listening to this on like 20% volume at the office, but I can't vibe to it at all in the car, either.

GKMC was the perfect balance of bounce and meaning. It was substantial and conceptual, yet balanced. I feel like I need a Ph.D. and a dark room to listen to TPAB.

It's a lot less boring than GKMC.

View media item 1449775

Kendrick is this generation 2pac. When I first heard Mortal Man, I shed a few tears, Pac is my fav artist of all time. I had no idea he would have verse of him on the record. I remember sitting in my room at 11, with my headphones on listening to Me Against The World, zoning out. Damn it man. **** was real.

Kendrick is important to west coast hiphop, but just hiphop in general. He can call himself the ambassador IMO.

Of all the releases this year; Lupe, Cole, Drake and Sean, Kdot is my fav, with Lupe, Sean, Drake and Cole rounding out the rest.

Physical to be in stores today
nerd.gif

Off first impressions I'm really feeling:
Institutionalized - second half is so chill
These Walls
U - second half is way better than the first, kendrick's emotion brings you right into it
Alright - "we gon be alright" sounds familiar 
nerd.gif

Momma
Hood Politics
How Much a Dollar Cost
Complexion
You Ain't Gotta Lie
Mortal Man - probably favourite track 

I wasn't expecting to like it as much thinking the beats would be too funky or jazzy, and that the lyrics would be too political. I had to run it through a few times to get over that and realize that although the beats were not trap heavy like say IYRTITL, they were still well done and the lyrics were not all about an angry man being controlled by large corporations.  This is definitely more mellow and doesn't have as many songs that would get you hype like GKMC did. It's still similar to GKMC in that it's really cohesive, has good storytelling, and is not lacking in lyrical content with substance. Its a nice change of pace from what we've seen with Dark Sky Paradise and IYRTITL. 

These quotes from the Grantland thing resonated most with me.

I catch myself continuing to force listens to TPAB. I want myself to like it, partially because I can't take it if I don't like a project I've been anticipating this heavily for two years.

I'm just very afraid that my conclusion will be "this feels like a chore to listen to."

GKMC was the perfect balance of bounce and meaning. It was substantial and conceptual, yet balanced. I feel like I need a Ph.D. and a dark room to listen to TPAB.

Completely agree. Well said.

Listened to 4 tracks. Album sucks bruh. Weird *** rappin voice, i dont wana listen to something i gotta listen to 4826638 times to find out wtf hes talmbout.

Album is majority hype.

Will listen to the full album and most likley not listen to it again.

Come at me ese

That fool is still acting like this release was an accident and not supposed to go down like this. He's a bozo.

Anyone know if Best Buy or Target will have bonus tracks? Need to know this before I go buy the CD.

You can't be serious.

When you consider the fact people who like it are calling people who don't like it stupid..... I kinda agree with the guy you quoted.

Music is subjective. Some people like it, some
People don't, no reason to call people dumb or say it goes over their heads.

You can't be serious.

Do you see you guys putting *turn up* in quotations in that condescending tone? Do you? You do.

People don't like thinking because they don't like the way the album sounds. You see it.

Mentioning Drake's music to make a point about why Kendrick is great. Unprompted. That's happening, too.

At least people who like *that* music don't feel the need to justify it to everyone. They're probably too busy having fun and enjoying their personal preference in music. Not feeling superior about it. Like...shut up.

Do you see you guys putting *turn up* in quotations in that condescending tone? Do you? You do.

People don't like thinking because they don't like the way the album sounds. You see it.

Mentioning Drake's music to make a point about why Kendrick is great. Unprompted. That's happening, too.

At least people who like *that* music don't feel the need to justify it to everyone. They're probably too busy having fun and enjoying their personal preference in music. Not feeling superior about it. Like...shut up.
This and saying "you have no soul if you don't like this album" like wut....

I gave it a couple of listens. It's different but It's growing on me more. The jazzy roots outkast vibe to it was an interesting take on it and the production and everything else is amazing. The messages in the songs are :smokin. Not disappointed. Physical copy will be had.

If these walls could talk

2irralt.jpg

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji] **** make me wanna barbecue...I like the songs I've heard but I swear on everything I just can't keep my eyes open listening to it. By track 11 I'm usually [emoji]128564[/emoji][emoji]128564[/emoji]

Last edited:

I'm saying 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom