**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Been listening to it this past 24 hours while smacked from some good Cali grown... Jesus Christ this album is crazy.

Alright is definitely not my favorite anymore. It's a battle between Institutionalized and Momma.

[Video]

Great review by someone I feel has amazing knowledge of music. Although I don't always agree with him I like watching his review because he often points out things I didn't notice, or knows how to say things I couldn't put into words.[/Video]

Last edited:
I'm never posting my opinion of an album again until I've had more time to listen.

My friend has a super nice tower speaker set up, we listened to the whole album 2 or 3 times, SO many instruments I heard that I don't hear through my headphones, I have pretty nice headphones too.

That was truly the best way to listen to this album, and I must say, I now see what everyone sees in this album.

It's amazing. :smokin

Why would anyone care what some doofy white guy thinks about this album?

I never really cared about reviews because we all have our own taste. Drake and J Cole are going gold and platinum and get great reviews and I can't listen to a full album from either of them.

Posting needle drop vids should not be allowed. The **** is whack, kendrick trying to kick knowledge over whack beats, throwing in spoken word for good measure almost to guarantee it's level of garbage. I liked all of his previous material but it came off arrogant and convoluted. Imo.

Went ahead and added Untitled right before TBTB on my album playlist, fits in perfectly. Anyone have the full Black Mamba joint?

Last edited:
I'm never posting my opinion of an album again until I've had more time to listen.
You ****** never learn.
mean.gif

Whatever you guys are smoking to enjoy this album, please share it with me....

I mean, off the few listens I can definitely hear a story, but sonically nothing really sticks out to me on this album at all. I kinda dig the production on a few tracks, but NOTHING stands out.

And people say the production on 2014 FHD was boring.... Smh.

To be honest, I do this with at least 80 percent of albums that I end up loving lmao.

I'm hoping I do end up loving it. I was bumping section 80 all last night, Kendricks been one of my favorites since I first heard it.

I think it just sorta failed the gym test though, it definitely is not gym music, which is wear I listen to 80% of my music.

Tried listening while driving last night, ya, still not doing it for me.

Tetsuo and Youth >>>> this album by a LONG shot.

"Mural" is better than anything on this album. *KanyeShrug*

But ehhh I'll let those who enjoy it enjoy it, I'll just patiently wait for "So Help Me God."

My friend has a super nice tower speaker set up, we listened to the whole album 2 or 3 times, SO many instruments I heard that I don't hear through my headphones, I have pretty nice headphones too.

That was truly the best way to listen to this album, and I must say, I now see what everyone sees in this album.

It's amazing. :smokin

:rofl:

Last edited:

Whatever you guys are smoking to enjoy this album, please share it with me....
I mean, off the few listens I can definitely hear a story, but sonically nothing really sticks out to me on this album at all. I kinda dig the production on a few tracks, but NOTHING stands out.

And people say the production on 2014 FHD was boring.... Smh.
To be honest, I do this with at least 80 percent of albums that I end up loving lmao.

I'm hoping I do end up loving it. I was bumping section 80 all last night, Kendricks been one of my favorites since I first heard it.

I think it just sorta failed the gym test though, it definitely is not gym music, which is wear I listen to 80% of my music.
Tried listening while driving last night, ya, still not doing it for me.

Tetsuo and Youth >>>> this album by a LONG shot.

"Mural" is better than anything on this album. *KanyeShrug*

But ehhh I'll let those who enjoy it enjoy it, I'll just patiently wait for "So Help Me God."

It's amazing.
smokin.gif
roll.gif
Exactly.
mean.gif

One of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to Music. Dudes blowing their load and rushing to judge **** without letting it digest. Doesn't matter if his views were negative or positive...just make it clear those are your initial impressions and could change over time.

Silliness.

Last edited:
:lol: I didn't expect all that hate. Like I said I only watch his reviews because he points out a lot of things like samples used etc.

MY BAD BROS DAMN

Cragmatic is the worst poster in the music forum.

Sweatergod dude said the exact same **** about Lupe's album and well, he's now posting the entire album via YouTube videos in this thread. :lol:

edit: And I swear dude was in the Yeezus thread talmbout you gotta listen to it in an EDM club in Europe with a primo sound system to really understand it. :lol:

Why's there always gotta be stipulations on music? I listened to this joint on my ****** '14 Accord stereo system and I figured out it was dope off the top. I listened to Yeezus in numerous settings and that **** stayed hot garbage.

Last edited:
"I remember you was conflicted
Misusing your influence
Sometimes I did the same
Abusing my power, full of resentment
Resentment that turned into a deep depression
Found myself screaming in the hotel room
I didn’t wanna self destruct
The evils of Lucy was all around me
So I went running for answers
Until I came home..."

*Momma beat starts*

:x

i'd give this album an A+. istg FlyLo produced most of these tracks, but i know he didn't. nonetheless so pleased with the jazz/funk

'these walls' has to be my favorite 

Last edited:
I never really cared about reviews because we all have our own taste.

This. Any relevance anyone else's opinion would have to me goes flying out the window onced I've consumed the art well enough to form my own. The only "reviewer" I watch is Big Quint, because he more or less acts out how albums make me feel in my head :lol:

I knew that Cragmatic ___ would eat a three course meal of his own words.

I can't stand a grown *** man that constantly speaks in hyperbole and is overly dramatic. A "I'm not feeling it right now honestly" would've summed up where he was clearly at before, but nope. Had to get them posts off :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom