Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
whoa watch it, the mid exts aren't bad, i'll take mid or high, or low for that matter :rofl: as long as they put in that kobe ix diff material/look effort and not that kobe x repaint effort

U can have ALL the Mid EXTs my dude

Well as of now I only have 2, I should end up with 3 mids and 5 highs

Couldn't stand those 10 EXTs I don't care if they were deep discount 80$ lol I'll still pass.

I'm waiting on about $100 for the golds, about $120 for the white and black highs and I'm good, passing on the black and red mids, its funny I'll prob never wear my IX exts again bcuz the Xs are so much better in confort

Are we sure dude meant Elite and not EXT? The pair we've seen is labeled Elite on the box. Maybe we won't get a high version or EXT.

My only real concern is the level of cushioning on court. I gotta think with the tech they put in them it will be okay, but they just look so low to the ground, and with no visible midsole, it has me concerned. Will give them a try and find out. (on discount of course!)
I agree that they look very low to the ground, but have you played in the 8s or 9s? those two (and also the bron XI) have very, very thin outsoles and the with the insert on top, they worked (I know the 8s were a little too low for some)

Though these insoles won't have the beef that the drop-in from the Bron XI has, I don't see them sitting any lower than the KB 8s.  Maybe around the level of the KB 9?  We'll find out -- but anyway, I'd say if you played in either of those 8s or 9s you should be good

Originally Posted by NobleKane  

Same looking crap every year man....

I like that they never scrapped the entire design. After the 4 low (with the 1st low top) I notice Eric Avar just tweaked and modified the shoe to improve it. I dont think its lazy design. I think Kobe just really likes the shoes as is and wants it improved. You can see it progress and evolve. Thats cool to see in a signature shoe. I know Jordan didnt do it that way but i guess if it isnt broke dont fix it

Ya I kind of appreciate the refining process of the design rather than just scrapping and starting from scratch. Though in your collage Ken Link designed the 1 and the 2, Avar stepped in at the 3. But the real design started from the 4 and on

Originally Posted by NobleKane  

I like that they never scrapped the entire design. After the 4 low (with the 1st low top) I notice Eric Avar just tweaked and modified the shoe to improve it. I dont think its lazy design. I think Kobe just really likes the shoes as is and wants it improved. You can see it progress and evolve. Thats cool to see in a signature shoe. I know Jordan didnt do it that way but i guess if it isnt broke dont fix it
I just think there's a Thin Line between Evolution & Laziness.

And the XI is the epitome of that.

Last edited:
I know this is sort of minor detail, but having that fabric lining on the midsole insert is nice... was good with the Bron XI as there's less sliding in the shoe.  At least they gave us that

Was on the VII so it's nothing new.

I'm also one of the VII lovers lol

that picture is the perfect example of evolution of design from 1-5, than lazy 6 and they want to make something new in the 7 and fails completely, so they went back to a basic design in the 8 similar to the 5, improved the 8 to make the 9, improve the 9 to make the 10, and finally ran out of ideas for XI so they just took all the best ideas from the previous 3 and threw them together.

I see no issues with them making a similar shoe that they know people will like/buy vs reinventing the wheel.

Low cut + Flyknit from the get go/no EM = :smokin

that picture is the perfect example of evolution of design from 1-5, than lazy 6 and they want to make something new in the 7 and fails completely, so they went back to a basic design in the 8 similar to the 5, improved the 8 to make the 9, improve the 9 to make the 10, and finally ran out of ideas for XI so they just took all the best ideas from the previous 3 and threw them together.
That stupid sock idea on the 7s was trash...haha

lmao I'm crying

i'm already sold i just wanna know what the new knit feels like...has anybody here felt the knit yet?

tumblr_mpjj2awYCl1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom