Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Only indications that its a Sig is the "XI" under the first set of eyelets.and the heel parts

Last edited:
Originally Posted by NobleKane 

Same looking crap every year man....

I like that they never scrapped the entire design. After the 4 low (with the 1st low top) I notice Eric Avar just tweaked and modified the shoe to improve it. I dont think its lazy design. I think Kobe just really likes the shoes as is and wants it improved. You can see it progress and evolve. Thats cool to see in a signature shoe. I know Jordan didnt do it that way but i guess if it isnt broke dont fix it

View media item 1831190

Diggin the new design. Just wished the first color way weren't Crimson. The Kobe x xmas are Crimson as well. Decisions decisions.

Kobe 11's will go down as one of his best signature shoes. I haven't been this excited for a release in a long..long time

Kobe 11's will go down as one of his best signature shoes. I haven't been this excited for a release in a long..long time
i respect that opinion, but i gotta disagree. personally i feel like there isn't enough innovation on the xi to be his one of the best.

There are only 4 shoes in the Kobe line i consider equally at the top (this is just purely based on my own opinion on the performance & innovation aspect);

the 1 which brought premium materials, quality, and performamce back to Nike signatures without being clunky.

the 4 which brought low top to game and made it popular. even tho, TMac 1-3 were a similar cut that people consider those a mid. shoe also had good cushion with zoom & lunar as well as good traction.

the 5 which brought a true minimalistic approach to the upper.

the 9 which brought flyknit to a basketball shoe combined with thick lunarlon and awesome traction.

the 8 is great that it introduced the full lunarlon and it is a lot of people's favorite, but to me there are obvious issue with the shoe such as the lunarlon bottoming out and the heel counter breaking where they needed to address in the Elite by adding zoom and change out the lunar with phylon. The 9 EM is what the 8 should have been from the start. As a minimal approach shoe the 5 overshadows the 8 by a mile.

the 10 is also a great shoe performance wise which is better than the 9 imo, but the stiff upper of the regular version is a let down from the 9. the elite version is great, but really no innovation there either. although it is my favorite Kobe performance wise.

the 2-3 were trying new ideas, weren't bad, but weren't great either.

the 6 was blend

the 7 was TERRIBLE.

at the end of the day, will i buy the Xi, most likely if there's a Lakers cw to pay respect to one of the greatest player to our time.

Last edited:
So its a shoe we haven't seen yet, I was wondering if it was like a reverse prelude pack

Yes its a different shoe as far as I can tell and Im not sure on marketing strategy for them but with retirement this yr Im sure Nike will play it up.

Everybody's trippin about evolution, laziness, doesn't look like this....yatta, yatta, yatta. It's about what's best for YOU. If you like it for ball (which by the way, is what the shoe is made for), cool. If you like it to rock casually, cool. If you don't, we don't need any soliloquies on why. Voice your opinion & then [emoji]9996[/emoji]. 

Hopefully for me, I'll be able to play in these because the X's didn't work for me on the court. 

Aesthetically the 7's were dope.. Performance wise unfortunately they were terrible. I tried my best to break them in but couldn't.

Kobe 7's are the best looking outta the line, 11's to me have the best mold, kobe 6's are my fave outta the line and the 9's are my fave performer

View media item 1831566
Somebody posted this shot earlier, and if you can't get excited about this, shape and cw included, than that's your opinion... For myself these instantly make the 10 almost irrelevant, yeah his line has obviously had a lot of lows that carry similar design language but damn man these joints are lethal

Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering about the blue colorway that leaked before the official reveal? I don't see enough shoes with a nice blue cw, and I feel like this model definitely has potential. Also can't wait to see the "bruce lee" cw that should drop in 3 months, the color code sounds nice.

Last edited:
Icon retail is $150 (Gold cw is 170)

The $160 price point is for non-elite XI which Ill call " EM" for convo purposes

I seen someone post a pic of Kustoo tweet saying no elites. His tweet wasnt 100% accurate. The red cw low is an elite model.
guess i will wait and see. i'll be only interested in a Lakers cw as a tribute to the man whether it be elite or a regular version. i'm still feeling those carpe diem looking cw even tho those were fakes.

The turn has now been completed lol.Only took 48 hrs.

Cant wait to see more colorways.Would be crazy if they went ham like the 8s and had damn near 40 colorways.I wouldn't mind some purple fades.That is 1 of my all time fav shoes.

I said it before, can't do the red shoes because they just don't work for me, but it pains me to not be in on this for the initial release. I want the shoe, just not the color.

Back
Top Bottom